• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 | Review + Prediction Thread

What's the average score that Alan Wake 2 will get on Metacritic?

• 96 - 100

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 91 - 95

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • 86 - 90

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • 81 - 85

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • 71 - 75

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 66 - 70

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 65 or Below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interfectum

Do I need to play anything before getting into Alan Wake 2? I played AW1 years ago but that's it. This is pretty stand alone right?

Zheph

hard one to take for all the people piling on the second character

Animated GIF

FunkMiller

Hmmm. Might have to drop the same old/same old Spider-man 2 for this. Sounds like it’s a much more creatively interesting game.

Dzab

Does anyone think it's worth picking up the deluxe version? Comes with the expansions etc, and there's a voucher/coupon at greenmangaming so I'm tempted.

Since I'm at work and can't watch fifty videos and read twelve articles to avoid someone shitting one me for missing it:

Which review actually delves into gameplay mechanics the most? So far the two I've read are typical modern gaming reviews where story and "the experience" takes up 30 paragraphs and one fleetingly mentions how the game actually plays.

Kirkio

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

I was going to wait for this and use it as an Xmas present.

It's now a day one for me, just need to finish up spiderman (which is good but probably my least favourite sony exclusive, bit too cheesy for me)

Does anyone think it's worth picking up the deluxe version? Comes with the expansions etc, and there's a voucher/coupon at greenmangaming so I'm tempted.

Definitely worth it.

Expansion passes can cost a lot more separately. You are getting actual content instead of cosmetic BS.

hlm666

Oliver never said a word about whatever the fuck is going on with the water on the ps5 side of that comparison, then the shimmering looked at later is a shit show. Then he makes all PT comparisons seemingly during the day with only the sun light source and concludes PT isn't making much of a different. /golfclap

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Sounds even better than both Alan Wake and Control, which I liked much. I'm in ! I just need to finish BG3. And Cyberpunks. And maybe Spider Man. And Lords of Fallen. Damn it.

Flabagast

I am not even sure that Starfield will be nominated for GOTY at this point. I thought it would be a bone thrown to Microsoft by various outlets (even with having zero change of winning the title at the end), but the critical reception of this game is lagging so far behind all the other awesomes hits that we got this year that it does not deserve any place in the competition imho.

Top Bottom