• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All these new systems are nice but what I want to see at E3 is Persona 5. Please?

I'm sure someone in this thread would've said it, but in case they didn't...

No way. :p

E3 isn't the venue for it. A Famitsu story? Sure. Tokyo Game Show? Likely.... Not E3.

pirata

I dunno, guys. Persona is a bona fide cult hit these days, and I think Atlus (and maybe even Sony) realizes that it has the potential to sell much more with the proper marketing push and being on a system that people outside of Japan are paying attention to. An E3 reveal would be a start.

And if it's actually a PS4 game, it's bound to show up. It's not as crazy of an idea as you think---we know for certain the game switched engines at some point. Perhaps Atlus thought it was time for Persona to be released on a current console again...

Squire

Banned
TGS is a dying event.

Getting Famitsu is bigger than TGS now. Don't know why people seem confident it and KH and every other magical Japan IP will show up there, new gen or not.

Also: I don't even think Atlus goes to THS. Persona has never been revealed there.

It's coming to E3 on PS4.

Pooya

Word on the street is: HANG ON TO YOUR PS3.

Hope mine doesn't crap out on me anytime soon.

I was thinking the other day, that would be a logical conclusion going by past years and Atlus, except that I think things have changed now for this series, the games are more popular now than ever but it has a very dedicated fanbase and while it's more popular than before it's not like it can sell 1-2m or something, it would be lucky to hit 1m world wide and that would be like the best selling thing Atlus has put out ever... So, what I'm getting at is that I think it can be a potential target for money hatting for nextgen (say PS4) even if it doesn't have the best visuals around (say, something made for PS3 but now hires AA'd and super clean) and releases early in the gen (1-2 year so) and skipping PS3 entirely, it's not as unlikely as it might seem actually imo considering the co-marketing dollars that they might get from something like that. Seeing even a port of 4 years old game is best thing PSVita has in Japan so far can show that it can be an appealing game to grab and shouldn't be very expensive either.

Tenks

Word on the street is: HANG ON TO YOUR PS3.

Hope mine doesn't crap out on me anytime soon.

Considering P4 was the best RPG of the current generation and it came out on previous generation hardware I wouldn't be shocked to see P5 as a PS3 game released after the PS4 goes live

At this point i want it so you people will stop asking it, you are becoming worse than Versus fans.

Kind of agree there, we dont need a Persona 5 topic every few days or mentions in every famitsu thing, etc.

but, us people?

tropic_thunder_daterants-blogspot-com.jpg

Astra

At this point i want it so you people will stop asking it, you are becoming worse than Versus fans.

Well let's hope it's announced soon before they become worse than Vesperia PS3 fans.

The sooner P5 is announced, the better. I want more Persona, dammit!

Kind of agree there, we dont need a Persona 5 topic every few days or mentions in every famitsu thing, etc.

but, us people?

tropic_thunder_daterants-blogspot-com.jpg

Yeah, "you people" You Persona 2, people. Inferior scum!

falconzss

Considering P4 was the best RPG of the current generation and it came out on previous generation hardware I wouldn't be shocked to see P5 as a PS3 game released after the PS4 goes live

I'd be (positively) shocked if it was a PS4 game.

pirata

Well, we know for a fact Atlus can still make great games, which makes the wait that much more brutal.

I'm actually looking forward to the Versus/XV reveal...but not as much as P5

I dunno, guys. Persona is a bona fide cult hit these days, and I think Atlus (and maybe even Sony) realizes that it has the potential to sell much more with the proper marketing push and being on a system that people outside of Japan are paying attention to. An E3 reveal would be a start.

And if it's actually a PS4 game, it's bound to show up. It's not as crazy of an idea as you think---we know for certain the game switched engines at some point. Perhaps Atlus thought it was time for Persona to be released on a current console again...

If the other guy's info is correct it sold 410k copies on a system that had an install base of 140 million. It's an absolute travesty that it only sold that many, but it's also unlikely to sell much more than that no matter how hard they market it. Granted that was in 2008 and the next-gen consoles were out, but that's still a very small number in the grand scheme of things. We need to step up, and by great games.

Basch

As much as I wish it, not happening. As I finish wrapping up my playthrough of P4G, I'm beginning to realize playing another game as good as P4 is a fool's hope. It makes me sad knowing that hardly any games will ever come close to its greatness. It has single-handly made me lost interest in 99% of the gaming industry. I hope more designers play this game and finally realize how important narrative is to gameplay.

P4 remains to this day the only game to get me to shed some tears. 999 came close, but it was the scenes leading up to and including
Nanako's death
that really hit me. I doubt any game will ever come close to that level of emotional impact in a good long while.

As much as I wish it, not happening. As I finish wrapping up my playthrough of P4G, I'm beginning to realize playing another game as good as P4 is a fool's hope. It makes me sad knowing that hardly any games will ever come close to its greatness. It has single-handly made me lost interest in 99% of the gaming industry. I hope more designers play this game and finally realize how important narrative is to gameplay.

P4 remains to this day the only game to get me to shed some tears. 999 came close, but it was the scenes leading up to and including
Nanako's death
that really hit me. I doubt any game will ever come close to that level of emotional impact in a good long while.

as much as I love P4, that's some hyperbole son.

Also, Persona 4 is the best playing Persona, but Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Person 2 Eternal Punishment just have the best characters and story in the series. If only P5 had the Gameplay quality of P4 and the story and character Quality of P2 + P4 characterwise. P2/3 in tone. P1 in stuff.

Tenks

Nanako's death

I don't know if I agree with this. Personally I liked Persona 3 more than Persona 4. But really they're neck and neck. To think they can't strike gold a third time is pretty foolish. They clearly have a winning team.

September TGS we'll see a 10 minute anime trailer like P3 & P4. Then I will loose my mind realizing I won't be able to play it in English for at least for a year.

No way Persona 5 is coming to PS4, the install base is going to be way too low for a game like that. My guess is that it'll come to PS3 sometime in early 2014, and no, we won't hear/see it at E3.

Jawmuncher

I think we should all universally hate Persona 1 though. That's the only game to give me scare from how much I hated it. I loathed my Playthrough of it. Even game shark didnt help.

cjkeats

September TGS we'll see a 10 minute anime trailer like P3 & P4. Then I will loose my mind realizing I won't be able to play it in English for at least for a year.

Given the increasing localization speed of games like Arena and SMT 4, I think we'll get P5 a lot sooner than that.

megalowho

I can't even speculate anymore, I'm with you. If it doesn't show up, just gonna put it out of my mind until it does.

Watashiwa

Nanako's death

The scene you spoil texted was the most hackneyed in the game. Staying dead would have made for a much more interesting story, plus they showed that absolutely no one else was harmed by the TV World so there shouldn't have been in any harm (much less *poison*, what the hell) done except they needed a way to make you feel.

Personally, I want the Western publisher known Atlus to show Break Record at E3. They're going to have SMTIV, but I'd like some Devil Survivor news to go with it.

Top Bottom