• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Previews for Alone: In The Dark released

Draugoth

Gold Member
Videos:

Blogposts:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"Final" previews? Just days after announcing the game getting a 2 month delay :( ..

This looks like absolute trash. No delay will fix it. Cancel it and give it to someone who can actually animate a character that didnt come from a 2003 era of game animations.

adamsapple

This looks like absolute trash. No delay will fix it. Cancel it and give it to someone who can actually animate a character that didnt come from a 2003 era of game animations.

Of all the reasons, using the stair animation to call it "absolute trash" is a bit too much.

There's a free demo on all platforms, give it a try. It does a good job with the atmosphere.

Of all the reasons, using the stair animation to call it "absolute trash" is a bit too much.

There's a free demo on all platforms, give it a try. It does a good job with the atmosphere.

I can clip the entire video, the walking animations are horrible. Moving around with that huge ass motion blur is horrible. This looks bad. Like Frogwares levels of average but dropped down to the lowest possible.

You cannot tell me with a straight face that this looks good.

Also the demo was SHIT. Horror fans are so thirsty that literally any crap released these days is something they'll just accept. The horror genre is at its absolute low.

Last edited:
I can clip the entire video, the walking animations are horrible. Moving around with that huge ass motion blur is horrible. This looks bad. Like Frogwares levels of average but dropped down to the lowest possible.

You cannot tell me with a straight face that this looks good.

Also the demo was SHIT. Horror fans are so thirsty that literally any crap released these days is something they'll just accept. The horror genre is at its absolute low.

not gonna talk about the walking animations, but saying the horror genre is at its low atm is insane. We had the bunker, re4 remake, dead space remake, and Alan wake 2 this year.

Aion002

The animations looks bad, like really bad. Also, according to the ign preview the combat isn't the main appeal... I like the series, but...

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I might play it on gamepass or ps plus.

Last edited:

Flabagast

I find it exciting, us gamers should learn to be more lenient with lower budget devs.

I hope they do not focus too much on combat to favor atmosphere and puzzles instead

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Sounds like a pretty average game, but can still end being the best aitd entry in decades.

Is this $60? I could consider getting day one if the price was lower, for sure.

Ok, I’ll bite. What kind of horror would please you?

Good horror games, not overrated average/shit ones that horror fans upvote on steam just because their desperate for anything horror-related. Remakes dont count. Visage and Alien Isolation where prolly the last good horror games.

Stasis: Bone Totem and Fear & Hunger 2: Termina

Have yet to play either tho I liked the Stasis games. His previous game was kinda meh tho.

fart town usa

Gold Member
"Final" previews? Just days after announcing the game getting a 2 month delay :( ..
Oh wow, didn't know that until I saw your comment.

March 20th it shall be then. I think it's clear that Embracer/THQ Nordic really don't want to risk this game having jank that'll cause scores of 7 and below.

But who knows, I feel like even if the game is a banger, it's gonna get put through the ringer by reviewers regardless. Absolutely Day 1 for me though.

2 of them are remakes my guy, alan wake is like 20% horror and bunker was shit.
“My guy,” it doesn’t matter that they’re remakes, they’re still fantastic, and they were high budget high profile horror.

Alan Wake is horror in the same way True Detective is horror. The game opens with a graphic ritual murder, we get a bloated rotting corpse attacking people in the first 30 minutes. Come on man. It’s horror.

The bunker is not shit.

What about Signalis and Dredge? Paranormasight? World of Horror? Aliens: Dark Descent? Dead Island 2? Stasis Bone Totem?

Lots of quality horror.

We just had Kojima announce a big budget horror title. Horror gaming is not in a bad place.

Last edited:
“My guy,” it doesn’t matter that they’re remakes, they’re still fantastic, and they were high budget high profile horror.

Alan Wake is horror in the same way True Detective is horror. The game opens with a graphic ritual murder, we get a bloated rotting corpse attacking people in the first 30 minutes. Come on man. It’s horror.

The bunker is not shit.

What about Signalis and Dredge? Paranormasight? World of Horror? Aliens: Dark Descent? Dead Island 2? Stasis Bone Totem?

Lots of quality horror.

We just had Kojima announce a big budget horror title. Horror gaming is not in a bad place.

Ofc it matters. I enjoyed them but they dont count, theyre not new games. Alan Wake is a weak horror game but a decent psychological thriller. The bunker is shit, prolly the most overrated trash I've played in recent years. All you do is go from the save point, to a linear area, pick an item and go back all while waiting for one of the worst AI's to spawn and despawn. That is the whole game. Its maybe better than Rebirth but its bad. If you liked it good for you, I didnt.

Rest havent played yet tho but again, the term opinion seems to elude you. What you and the rest of the thirsty horror fans like, desnt mean I will too. Until a horror game surpasses Alien Isolation in everything, they're all mid in my eyes. Visage was close in terms of actual genuine scary horror but it had its flaws. Horror games are in a bad place.

Rest havent played yet tho but again, the term opinion seems to elude you. What you and the rest of the thirsty horror fans like, desnt mean I will too. Until a horror game surpasses Alien Isolation in everything, they're all mid in my eyes. Visage was close in terms of actual genuine scary horror but it had its flaws. Horror games are in a bad place.
Opinion does not elude me. You’re the one who hasn’t played those games, is dismissing them and the remakes and stating it as fact and not opinion, and dismissing other people’s opinions.
Alien Isolation is amazing, one of the best horror games of all time. That is fact. You should try aliens: dark descent, because while relatively low budget, it captures Alien/Aliens essence, and features some bits from Isolation like the early androids and the space station type.
Horror games are not in a bad place. That, my friend, is your opinion which is not supported by the fact that this year had a lot of high budget, high profile, well received horror games, and it also had major, high profile horror game announcements with the dead by daylight single player game and Kojima’s game.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Looks like complete ass and has absolutely nothing on the originals. Might as well release it now and just take the L

CGNoire

I got to admit that is a weird walk/running pose he does but I thought it was gonna look so much worse based on your reaction.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Remember the shitty 360 game? I still do. This series hasn't been good since the 90s. I have low expectations.

DaGwaphics

Didn't realize there was a demo up, I'll have to give it a go.

This will probably be appreciated more by people familiar with the original.

adamsapple

Didn't realize there was a demo up, I'll have to give it a go.

This will probably be appreciated more by people familiar with the original.

Not necessarily, the developers (admittedly so) said they're inspired by the RE2 remake for this. They want their own version of that kind of a Capcom-hit.

Top Bottom