• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amanda Knox

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Whilst I haven’t been through that type of trauma, seriously I’m sorry for your losses.

I have had and having my own traumas at the moment and I can wholeheartedly relate to your position. I feel the same.

This reality we live in and a seriously fucked and anyone who is ok with how this world is imo is deluded.

I know my opinion/ outlook isn’t great but I am who I am. In a strange way it’s comforting that other people see it the same way I do.

And yes I’m a whole load of fun at parties.

"Man starts over again everyday, in spite of all he knows, against all he knows"

I'm honestly not bitter I know you can't tell by that post but I have nothing to be grateful for. Grateful to whom or what? Im weird mixture of absurdism with a sliver of buddhism because I accept the ups and downs in life with equanimity. It's the only thing that has gotten me this far.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

I'm honestly not bitter I know you can't tell by that post but I have nothing to be grateful for. Grateful to whom or what? Im weird mixture of absurdism with a sliver of buddhism
Same, meditation and mindfulness keep me on a level. Been able to escape through that or things like video games is the kind of escapism that I need to function in this absurd reality, and even then I’m starting to struggle with video games these days.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Being wrongfully accused is seriously one of the worst feelings. I still vividly remember being falsely accused of a heinous crime in 7th grade: someone poured a bunch of salt in a girl’s orange Julius that we made in foods class. She told the teacher I did it. I didn’t, and I was incredulous about both being accused and when I protested, the teacher said she couldn’t believe I’d lie to her face and put on this whole show about being upset about it. On she went about how kids are raised these days, how she’d have gone lighter on my punishment if I had fessed up initially, but at least detention for lying too etc…

Well finally some other kid admitted to doing it. The teacher barely scolded him and thanked him for fessing up, then basically ignored me the rest of the semester. No apology, no acknowledgment of all the horseshit she said about me, just moved on like nothing happened. I’m probably the only one that remembers the whole thing, just because of how shitty I felt being wrongly accused. The idea of being thrown in jail in another country for a murder I didn’t commit, or getting MeToo’d by some spiteful bitch, sends chills down my spine
i still think she did it

Raven117

Methinks some of y’all are missing her point.

She lived day by day and found pleasure in the small things. A life was hard to live in her conditions. A day… a day she could handle.

Not all days are great… and pain, sorrow, despair, grief, can be both behemoth emotions and also insidious as they can be so close to your everyday thoughts. Even worse compounded by society shunning these feelings and not being able to discuss them.

But… try and slow down. It’s not ALL bad. There are things worth living for.

I guess… for as bad as some loss (my parents are both dead and I’m relatively young)… I’ve still found certain moments…. Both before and after their death… that I’ve been moved to tears with gratitude for my life. (Specifically back of a cab in Katmandu, Nepal…. That this simple kid from Texas could see such far away places)

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
But… try and slow down. It’s not ALL bad. There are things worth living for.

Sorry for your loss. I lost a son at 6 months. As sad as I was it very quickly struck me that no amount of grief or sorrow would bring him back so I accepted it and was at peace. I never experienced anger or questioned why. Life goes on till it doesn't. I see things the complete opposite. Life is the default position. Nothing is worth killing yourself over.

Last edited:

Raven117

Sorry for your loss. I lost a son at 6 months. As sad as I was it very quickly struck me that no amount of grief or sorrow would bring him back so I accepted it and was at peace. I never experienced anger or questioned why. Life goes on till it doesn't. I see things the complete opposite. Life is the default position. Nothing is worth killing yourself over.
Man… sorry for yours. Not to “compare” (but to compare) losing a child ranks highest on the hierarchy of pain and grief. (Perhaps because “acceptance” is much easier when it’s a let of the natural flow and order (Ie, parent dies before child).

I don’t believe life is default. Life is the exception.

But I’m with you that nothing is worth killing yourself over. There is still beauty, and “life” out there. No matter how small.

FunkMiller

She lived day by day and found pleasure in the small things.

...like getting away with murder.

Michael Jackson Dancing GIF by Wichita State University

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The problems with justice usually begin when the police/DA decide you’re guilty and create the necessary conditions for your conviction at any cost, rather than following the evidence to its natural conclusion.

HoodWinked

wtf the actual murderer only served 13 years... and was released in 2021. And was recently re-arrested for assaulting his ex girlfriend. If that wasn't bad enough he's like 36 and she was 23. so dumb that he was released early in the first place.

Top Bottom