• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Next Horizon Gaming Conference |OT| The One True Winner of E3

Ivellios

This pricing isn't that impressive. You can already get 2070's almost at that price in Europe (direct $/€). The card is also not really fast enough to push 2080 pricing much lower so my overall feelings are sorta meh. I don't need an equal AMD alternative for the same price, I just need lower prices. They don't even seem to have any RT equivalent so they'll just lose on that account alone. $399 would've been a more compelling price point, but I can see why AMD doesn't really want to drop the prices as Nvidia can easily respond to that and still command high margins in the higher segments.

Yeah i agree, at the same price point you get RTX and DSLL from Nvidia on both RTX 2070 and 2060.

They are probably useless on these cards, but so are the new features from Navi imo.

The only advantage i wanted from Navi was price and they failed to deliver

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
71fxm9yKiVL._SY445_.jpg

i loved her in this movie

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah i agree, at the same price point you get RTX and DSLL from Nvidia on both RTX 2070 and 2060.

They are probably useless on these cards, but so are the new features from Navi imo.

The only advantage i wanted from Navi was price and they failed to deliver
It's those fucking leaks man. They get people's hopes sky high and when they don't reach those unrealistic expectations people are disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if nvidia produces those fake AMD leaks.

LordOfChaos

Wow this unity sales pitch is awful. We're not studios, what's even the point of this being here?

Well Su, you're still SuBae, but this was a snoozer.

Ovek

7Member7
The prices are ok the problem lies with the shit reference cooler design, unless your water cooling it it’s a worthless piece of shit so you are going to be essentially forced into getting a 3rd party card but that’s going to stick at minimum another £60 on top of the price and that’s before you start getting all the ridiculous preoverclocked versions.

If AMD dropped the 5700XT with the 3 fan cooler from the previous gen I would have no issues with it at all.

MadAnon

This would've been a great GPU if it released around the time Turing did. Nvidia will just reduce prices on current RTX lineup, release refreshed lineup to retake the performance lead and then crash AMD with 7nm Ampere.

Ryzen is dope though.

Last edited:

Ivellios

It's those fucking leaks man. They get people's hopes sky high and when they don't reach those unrealistic expectations people are disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if nvidia produces those fake AMD leaks.

I dont think people were expecting something absurd like $350 for 5770xt and $250 for 5770.

But its was not unreasonable to expect at the very least the same price on their most budget card against the RTX 2060.

Spukc

I dont think people were expecting something absurd like $350 for 5770xt and $250 for 5770.

But its was not unreasonable to expect at the very least the same price on their most budget card against the RTX 2060.
i just want amd to make team green go cheaper not that i would actually get an amd card eww

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Kenpachii

So 16/32 cpu exactly what i thought they would announce.

Made no sense to hold it back, its needed for next gen to push those cores forwards.

The GPU's are laughable.

Last edited:

Spukc

seriously 749 call me impressed i need some benchmarks before i shell out 250 extra

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Price gouging.
$750 is price gouging?

That’s rich.
I wonder what your precious Intel would charge for a 16-core CPU?

Oh wait we do know...

$1000 more!

Last edited:

Redstarwater

Neophyte
Do I really need to explain economics 101 to you bozos? These cards are priced perfectly. Why would they go lower when they have to go lower next round after Nvidia lowers their price this round?

Should I draw a chart using blocks to explain competition?

Ryzen 2 is priced perfectly too.

Hmmmm...... 12 cores in July or wait until September for 16 cores?

HNNNNNGGGGG!

I'm dying to know how well these CPUs overclock

Last edited:
I'm confused how AMD can offer same amount of cores and same performance for HALF the price compared to Intel, but only similar perf/price to Nvidia.

Does this only shows Intel price gouging is simply so insatiable or?

Do I really need to explain economics 101 to you bozos? These cards are priced perfectly. Why would they go lower when they have to go lower next round after Nvidia lowers their price this round?

Should I draw a chart using blocks to explain competition?

Ryzen 2 is priced perfectly too.
... AMD will offer same perf per core to Intel at HALF the price, but only marginaly better price/perf to mid range Nvidia cards. You don't think when you type much?

Top Bottom