• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Ryzen 7000 X3D to be Unveiled at CES 2023

Haggard

Banned
Never been better? I want what you’re smoking. Power requirements are going up. The 13900K uses more then double the power of a 5800X3D, and barely beats it in gaming.
How about you actually read what you are replying to before you reply....

I guess AMD should have made zen4 a sort of 'transition chip' to be compatible with DDR4/AM4 and DDR5/AM5?

How does Raptor Lake 13600K using DDR4 compare to Zen4 using DDR5? :unsure:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm looking forward to seeing what gets unveiled during CES. If the X3D chips do get announced, hopefully they release the same month.

supernova8

Banned
Personally I'm looking forward to this so that the 5800X3D comes down in price because I'm not at all interested in buying a whole new platform and I can use the money saved (from not buying a whole platform) to buy a beefy GPU that can of course be carried over whenever I do decide to do a full upgrade.

If anyone's interested, I'm still running a 3400G with a GTX1650 because I refuse to pay silly prices.

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

Zen 4 achieve very high clocks with a lot of energy and heat dissipation. I wonder how much they will need to sacrifice in order to make X3D part.

winjer

Gold Member
Zen 4 achieve very high clocks with a lot of energy and heat dissipation. I wonder how much they will need to sacrifice in order to make X3D part.

Undervolting Zen4 can reduce power usage and temperatures drastically, while retaining performance.
AMD overshot the power scaling of Zen4.

b0uncyfr0

Great, im expecting a healthy 15-20% increase in performance around the $400 mark for the 7600X3d

Itll push the 5800X3d and 7600/7700 prices down - unless AMD try something sneaky.

Last edited:

Sanepar

13900f will be for me. I can maintain all the rest and wait for 26 getting a Nvidia series 6 and Intel 16.

winjer

Gold Member

AMD Confirms Ryzen 7000 X3D "3D V-Cache" CPUs Overclocking Support, Unlocked Design For Overclockers​

There's been a debate on whether AMD would feature overclocking support for Ryzen 7000 X3D CPUs or not and while the company wasn't clear about overclocking support at launch, they have now more or less confirmed that the Ryzen 7000 X3D "3D V-Cache" CPUs featured an unlocked design which would mean that users will be able to adjust the BCLK as they wish. Although AMD has listed "Unlocked" OC support, they have still recommended users to go with the auto-tuning options such as Curve Optimizer with PBO.
AMD is recommending users go with Curve Optimizer as it delivers the best balance of overall CPU performance but hard frequency overclocking is locked just like the previous generation Zen 3D V-Cache chips. According to the red team, the voltages have gotten more aggressive this time around, going up to 1.4V versus the 1.1V limit on the Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU. The stacked L3 cache featured on the chip is very sensitive to high temperatures and additional voltage and it is possible that the chips can break if these are tweaked, hence there's a hard lock just like the previous gen. So AMD Ryzen 7000 X3D CPUs have to do with the limited voltage they have to benefit from PBO and Curve Optimizer.
1.4V is still a lot of voltage to work with and we can expect some decent overclocks out of the AMD Ryzen 7000 X3D "3D V-Cache" CPUs. Now this update comes from AMD just a few weeks after they had mistakenly listed the release date of the CPUs to be 14th February which turned out to be false and the company had to release a statement on the matter. This may as well be another such case but we will have to wait and see if that's true or not.

What we do know for sure is that AMD's Ryzen 7000 X3D CPUs are launching next month and will be the fastest gaming processors on the planet when they hit retail shelves. Overclocking will be a plus but even without OC, these chips have a huge market for success if they offer the right kind of performance and value.

I wasn't expecting this...

winjer

Gold Member
Still a whole month to wait. Hope that reviews come a lot sooner, so we can get a taste of what is to come.

Top Bottom