• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Starts Selling Custom Bikes | PCMag

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
amd-black-cruiser__56995.1597682908.jpg

amd-white-cruiser2__91325.1597682908.jpg

Consumer technology firm AMD is changing gears, literally. The company has launched a pair of custom bikes as part of its online Fan Store.

Ride around town or hit the trails on an AMD cruiser or mountain, on sale now for $299 each (plus $50 shipping and more than $30 in tax). Each comes with prominent Advanced Micro Devices branding, an 18.5-inch steel frame, and 26-inch alloy wheels.

But the similarities end there. Designed for casual cycling, the Cruiser is sleek, with front and rear fenders, a double-spring saddle, and the option of white frame/black tires or black frame/white tires. "This cruiser is the [perfectly] designed bike for cruising the streets and beaches in style," the product description claims. "This model is not only fun to ride, but you look good doing it."'

The rugged, 21-speed mountain-bike option, features pull brakes, twist grip shifters, a three-piece crank, quick-release seat post, and kickstand; it comes in three colors: black frame/white tires, white frame/black tires, and white frame/orange tires. "This bike is designed for many years of fun and comfortable transportation," AMD boasted.

The products are currently available only in the US; there is no word on an international release. AMD did not immediately respond to PCMag's request for comment.

MHubert

Cruiser Bikes are worthless, and I'm starting to feel sorry for AMD.

Edit:
300$ Mountain bikes equally so

Edit Edison:
Okay, Steel is real so I guess they implemented their GPU design philosophy: 1 great merit, and a landslide of abhorrent crap for the rest of your dollars.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Well if you can't win at hardware then better try something else.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Gold Member
The hot girls at my University rode these types of bikes. They must've been hard to handle as these girls were all over the sidewalk (that's a whole separate rant) whenever there were riding around campus.

Cool story bro, I know. But I don't know who this appeals to? Hipsters?

Last edited:
Why don't they have any brakes?
At least with bikes you don't have to worry about bad driver support.
But you do though, have you seen how many people don't know how to ride a bike on public roads, and how many car drivers think the rules of the road don't apply when the other vehicle is a push bike?

CrysisFreak

Banned
The hot girls at my University rode these types of bikes. They must've been hard to handle as these girls were all over the sidewalk (that's a whole separate rant) whenever there were riding around campus.

Cool story bro, I know. But I don't know who this appeals to? Hipsters?
Incompetent roasties REEEEEEEE.
I would've shown them how to ride properly but no then I guess not.

Top Bottom