• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American McGee has 'Big News' - announcement coming. Could this be Alice 3?

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.patreon.com/americanmcgee

1.jpg

Dear Insane Children,

Oh boy. I just learned some big news.
Can't provide any details right now.
But there is an announcement coming.

Very exciting!

From Shanghai with Glee,
-American

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Only played the second one but it was some enjoyable Slav jank. Don't care about the the IP tho

CGiRanger

Banned
I know the Alice games have many imperfections, particularly on the gameplay. But the main thing that always makes me like them more than not are the crazy insane visuals of madness, and the soundtracks for both games are superb. I hope we get a third.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Wasn't it American McGee who released the script for the 3rd game on the internet in the hopes that some publisher would pick up on it?

CitizenZ

Banned
I would imagine a remaster would be first to fund the next one. As a reference i would say look at Pysconaughts 2 and think how beautiful a new Alice would look.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Madness Returns was great, people can complain about how long the levels were all they want but the rest was fantastic.
The first game had crazy long levels too.

I dunno if the Alice games hold up, but I'm not mad at it either.

Midn1ght

Maybe he got a new publisher and managed to grab the IP from EA.

From the Fan Wiki:
McGee said having EA as publisher isn't necessarily their goal: "We're working to self-publish or publish through other channels. Licensing the IP from EA and developing/publishing independently is the goal." He also mentioned that he intends to obtain permanent holdership to the Alice IP/license, so that he has the creative freedom to do what he wants with the series in the future, such as creating official Alice games, merchandise, a potential book, film, etc., without going through obstacles dealing with EA.

TastyPastry

he made another blog post on patreon but it's behind a paywall. anyone here subscribed to him? i would take a third game but i would also go nuts if it's a nightdive remaster of the first game

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
he made another blog post on patreon but it's behind a paywall. anyone here subscribed to him? i would take a third game but i would also go nuts if it's a nightdive remaster of the first game
Nothing exciting in that paywalled post, really. He just mentions that they have news coming up and are cancelling this week's livestream so they can talk about the news next week. Also got some new art to show.

And please please please let this be an Alice 3 announcement, or at least an Alice 2 remaster for PS4/PS5/Xbone/Xbox Series.

cormack12

Gold Member
Twas The Night Before Christmas

Dear Insane Children,

It's Christmas Eve in Shanghai and all through the house... Lucky is running like a crazy little mouse. Christmas music is playing. There's a star atop the tree. And there's even a remote control dump truck waiting for Lucky to open tomorrow morning. Yay!

I hope that you are warm and happy wherever you are - and whatever you might or might not be celebrating these days.
One sad bit of news... I had hoped we'd share a cool announcement with you in time for Christmas. But I've been told that the press release is on hold until the start of 2022. Sorry about that! And for getting anyone's hopes up (I know my hopes were up).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I thought he was already working on a third installment, Alice Asylum or something like that.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
He is. And ideally that's the announcement he's making. But if it's a remaster package, they still have my money.
They would have mine too. Game's always looked interesting, and I think they are a bit bitchy when it comes to playing them on modern systems, not to say getting to buy them in the first place.

Fuz

Banned
Loved the first one.
Didn't like the second at all. I think American wasn't even involved in it?

Combichristoffersen

They would have mine too. Game's always looked interesting, and I think they are a bit bitchy when it comes to playing them on modern systems, not to say getting to buy them in the first place.
I'm a total Alice fanboy, even have his versions of Alice and the Cheshire Cat tattooed on my arms, and have prolly spent some hundred $ on Alice merch. Whatever it is, I'm in.

levyjl1988

Banned
I really enjoyed Alice Madness Returns! I played the hell out of it on the Xbox 360.
Hopefully, we can get a switch port of the game if he and EA negotiated well for a port and a sequel would be fantastic. The gameplay was absolutely fun in Madness Returns.

Combichristoffersen

Basically, EA owns the Alice IP. And after Madness Returns they didn't give a shit, just like they didn't give a shit about Dante's Inferno and Dead Space after 3. But after the positive reception for the Mass Effect remaster collection and the Dead Space revival, maybe EA had some second thoughts about their IPs that aren't million selling sports games and Star Wars, and how some lesser IPs might still be viable and make some money for them? Let's hope.

Combichristoffersen

Madness Returns is one of my favorite games of 360/ps3 gen.
It is a special game imo!
It was a great game from one of those rare moments in time when EA was a little more than the shit fabric they've been most of the time since their inception. EA has mostly always been like an asshole; whatever comes out of it, it's most likely shit.

bender

What time is it?
How about a directors cut of Alice 2 that removes about 2/3rds of the game? That would be great.

Combichristoffersen

I was thinking Vrenna. I should play through 2 one of these days. It lost me pretty early on.
2 had some levels that dragged on, but when I got to the end and realized what was going on, it blew my mind. I can't really think of any other game that has gone into something as dark as that.

Basically Bumby was mindwiping kids and selling them into sexual slavery to rich pedophiles.

ViolentP

2 had some levels that dragged on, but when I got to the end and realized what was going on, it blew my mind. I can't really think of any other game that has gone into something as dark as that.

Basically Bumby was mindwiping kids and selling them into sexual slavery to rich pedophiles.
Ima give it a shot. Thanks.

CGiRanger

Banned

Wow so
Epstein and Maxwell
. Based McGee indeed.

Winter John

Legitimately the worst game I've ever played (and I bought Brink day 1.) The platforming is terrible. The controls are shocking. It never changes. It remains the only game I've ever hate finished. Anyone who thinks Naughty Dog are responsible for the worst games ever made should try this unbearable shit. I can't believe McGee wasn't tarred and feathered after it was released.

Top Bottom