• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Ohio here (Dayton area).
Ahh, the situation was almost exactly the same for me this morning except I didn't score one

From reading amiibo hunting stories I have found out that it is extremely common to have a Best Buy and a TRU at the same shopping center all across the US.
Seems that way. Now that I think about it, I think all the TrUs around here have a BB in close vicinity.

Argh. So my Best Buy does indeed have seven MKs, but an employee just told us that extra pre-orders went live for this store at midnight (?!) so they don't know how many of those seven (if any) can actually be sold. We're going to find out at 9am, or a little less than an hour.

I'm gonna be so pissed if I waited for nothing just because some random people happened to check the site at midnight. Ugh.

Kilau

What's the chance of a EU or UK amiibo thread? This one moves way too quick.

NA buying all the EU amiibos anyway.

tumblr_lzub85FTZE1qaxm50o1_500.gif

Joke, kinda...

skaflone721

Neo Member
It really depends on what you end up choosing once Tenso actually gets your items. Shipping from Yodobashi to Tenso will be free. Tenso will offer you a number of choices to get the items to you once they arrive, from long 2-3 week shipping to next/2 day. Prices will be all over the place.

That said, all 6 of Wave 4 amiibos was US $61.45 for me, thats less than US retail due to our current exchange rate. Shipping on top of this won't be bad at all.

Whoa, so even if shipping comes out to like $25 in your case, you still paid retail with tax.

How long does Tenso take to fully confirm an account and everything? At that price, I'm down to buy it, but I'm afraid I'll miss it by the time my account is complete.

georly

You waited in line for Kirby? Isn't he everywhere?

Didn't wait in line, i got there at like 10:10 and picked his game (Wii U) right up. The amiibo chaos was just there, also. about 2-3 people left to be rung up. I asked an employee how many they got and how many people were in line, out of curiosity.

I went to best buy because i have GCU and get games 20% off.

GameStop is getting my King Dedede on Wednesday, so I'm hoping I can slow down buying these, and only buy the one's I want.

I NEED TOAD.

kubus

Whoa, so even if shipping comes out to like $25 in your case, you still paid retail with tax.

How long does Tenso take to fully confirm an account and everything? At that price, I'm down to buy it, but I'm afraid I'll miss it by the time my account is complete.
Just make the account now, I think you get an address right away that you can use. If not, you have to submit proof of identity after you made your account which can take a day. You might be too late then, but at least you'll have an account in case it goes up another day.

McBryBry

Ok. Bowling Green, KY Best Buy. They have quite a few Meta Knight and no pre orders have been picked up. I got mine, just giving a word out to anyone here.

Aubergine

Neo Member

It's been a while (about a year and a half) since I registered, but I do think it takes a couple days to validate an account there. I know you need proof of residency, I used a photocopy of my Driver's license just blocking out the License number and other non-relevant info. Someone else might be able to better confirm how long it takes though.

evangd007

All the Meta Knights at my Best Buy were spoken for by time I got there, 30 minutes before open. What kind of store opens at 10? People have to work damnit!

Stopped by Gamestop to see if I could snag an Ike. No loose Ikes until May.

Got Meta at Best Buy but the box is damaged. Ah well, one less dang amiibo I have to worry about. They also had a Mega Man but some kid kept talking about it in line so we all let him have it.

Not "let him have it" as in beat him.

Got Meta at Best Buy but the box is damaged. Ah well, one less dang amiibo I have to worry about. They also had a Mega Man but some kid kept talking about it in line so we all let him have it.

Not "let him have it" as in beat him.
I wasn't even thinking of you guys beating him but lol.

mantis23

I have to give it up to the Utica, MI Best Buy. after the disasters that were the Lucario and Rosalina launches, this was by far the most organized launch i've seen.

They had enough to cover preorders plus 7 extra MK as well as extra Ike, Sonic, Mega Man, and DDD. They handed out tickets for the extras, and walked everyone to customer service at 10am. Each amiibo had a post it note on it with the name of the preorder customer and they checked ID's. The extra amiibos had post its with numbers that corresponded to the tickets they handed out. As each was rung out they checked it off a master list.

If only every retailer could be so well run and organized.

Fox Mulder

I have to give it up to the Utica, MI Best Buy. after the disasters that were the Lucario and Rosalina launches, this was by far the most organized launch i've seen.

They had enough to cover preorders plus 7 extra MK as well as extra Ike, Sonic, Mega Man, and DDD. They handed out tickets for the extras, and walked everyone to customer service at 10am. Each amiibo had a post it note on it with the name of the preorder customer and they checked ID's. The extra amiibos had post its with numbers that corresponded to the tickets they handed out. As each was rung out they checked it off a master list.

If only every retailer could be so well run and organized.

Make sure to fill out their receipt survey with positive feedback.

They don't ship to me :(

Does it say something like, "not in stock in your region" or something like that? I think that's just another way of saying they're SOLD OUT. I think they'll ship anywhere as long as you're in the US.

If I try to add a Fox or someone to my cart, I get that message... and I live two miles away.

Dommel

I checked 5 different stores today and was only able to get Sonic and Megaman. Meta Knight and Dedede were sold out everywhere.

And this was at noon in Belgium!

Amiibo craze is real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom