• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An assortment of cooking and restaurant-sim games.

Guilty_AI

The genre you didn't know you needed in your life. Unexpectedly seems to be a type of game thats growing in popularity.

Gameplay loops may include rpg elements, business management or even action/combat, but the main focus always involve obtaining ingredients that'll be used to make food, either to sell it at your restaurant or store, or some other purpose.
Some variantions to this type of game may involve making medicine, potions, etc; but those still follow the same in spirit. It can also leave aside the part about obtaining ingredients to focus more on the cooking mechanics itself and/or management elements.

Anyway, here are some of the ones i know of.

This one has some interesting variation to the formula. Instead of selling the food, you eat it to gain abilities.

Potion focused:

(could probably include Atelier games here too)

Last edited:
Overcooked! 2 is an absolute couch coop joy and a total cunt of a game. Family and I have a great time with it...until the difficulty ramps up, we turn on each other and then have to switch it off because the fun is gone. Also my son is an asshat that trolls the hell out of us 3 working together trying to 3 star.

Last edited:

iorek21

Battle Chef Brigade is one of my favorites.

Papa’s Fooderias are also games that I really enjoyed back in the day. One of them is actually getting a Steam port!

Top Bottom