• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ancient Rome Didn't Exist

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Got ya

8ZdeDz6.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
Before the war started, France and Belgium were negotiating the building of an extension of the Maginot line into the Belgium border with Germany.
One thing that France briefly considered, was to just build the Maginot line all the way to the sea, across the Belgium/French line. But this was immediately rejected as it would antagonize French Allies. Not just Belgium.

Like I said, at Sedan, there was the French Second Army. Which had been reinforced with reserve troops. And had Maginot Fortifications, though not fully completed.
If Huntzinger had stayed at Sedan and accepted the offer from the First Army to receive air support, it would have probably held long enough for the French mobilization.
To the North of Sedan there was the French First Army. And in Belgium, there were several of the best allied armies, from France, Britain and Belgium, because they thought the Germans would attack from there, since that was in "Fall Gelb".
The Germans broke through, not because of the Belgians, not even because of the French soldiery. It broke because of incompetent French leadership.
My point is that the germans broke through from a country which wasn't germany. They broke through from Belgium. How did they get there ? I don't know you're the History buff (and im not even kidding)

Wildebeest

I guess I go along with certain Mythicist positions in that certain documents like the bible are edited to present some things which were originally myths and stories as historical facts. That position comes from the western enlightenment tradition, where the absolute authority of the Roman Church as a preserver of knowledge was questioned.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I swear things like this are orchestrated to break down our youth’s intelligence. I find it odd that all of a sudden the college kids who have been fed all this identity stuff have become antisemitist right before hamas attacks Israel. 🤔

winjer

Gold Member
I swear things like this are orchestrated to break down our youth’s intelligence. I find it odd that all of a sudden the college kids who have been fed all this identity stuff have become antisemitist right before hamas attacks Israel. 🤔

It's has been reported that the algorithms for Tik Tok in China, will promote content that educates and shows good examples of citizens.
But in the US and Europe, it promotes the dumbest, stupidest crap.
So we are starting to see the results of having a generation raised on ignorance.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Probably. My friend's son is in his early 20s and believes the moon is "fake". He tried explaining it once. Something about the Third Crusade, New World Order, King James I of England and NASA......which somehow gets to the Moon being a giant alien spy satellite/temple.......

His 19 year old girlfriend also is a believer.

The funny thing is they call me a "sheep" for not believing their crazy conspiracy. I'm the crazy one for being brainwashed into thinking the Moon is our natural satellite.

Fucking kids these days. If my son starts believing in any nonsense like that I'll disown him.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You picked up on that? She’s a big time antisemite on her current TikTok channel. While also claiming to be Jewish herself, of course, probably just to give herself a free pass. But that’s another story.

Everyone should study the classics, if equipped to. One of the greatest gifts to humanity.

Check out Seneca - Letters from a Stoic, next, if you haven’t.

Just don't go and read the illiad, if you fancy longform ancient poems pick the odyssey instead.

What's so strange about that? Doesn't everybody think about the Roman Empire at least three times a week?

pffft I have no interest in the collection of psycos that were the emperors... but the roman republic, ah now that's a journey worth pursuing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom