• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

L~A

CwKIzodWAAAlsiS.jpg:orig

Nintendo just announced it via Twitter:

Hey there Mayors! My new friend Harvey has opened up a campground! Let’s go visit him tomorrow at 14:00 GMT!

https://twitter.com/AC_Isabelle/status/793346907779325952

For some reason, the Japanese presentation will feature... Miitopia. But no mobile/Switch news in any of the presentations.

明日11月2日(水)23時より『とびだせ どうぶつの森 amiibo+』に関する情報をインターネットをご覧のみなさんに直接お届けします。最後に少しだけ『Miitopia(ミートピア)』の情報も。

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/793350655138107392

Time

Europe: 3PM
UK: 2PM
North America (EST): 10AM
North America (PST): 7AM
Japan: 11PM

t1478095200z0.png

Links

Europe: Team Nintendo on Twitch / YouTube / Official website
Australia: Official website
Japan: Official website / YouTube / NicoNico
North America: official website / Twitch / YouTube

Is there a blurb about no Nintendo Switch news during the presentation? (Hey, a man can hope.)

This Miitopia thing intrigues me. The should be some solid reason for it to be down during a thematic Direct for a different game.

The mobile game I guess?

Many people suppose so, combined with news about the amiibo update for New Leaf.

EDIT: Oh dammit. Without mobile news, the presentation seems kind of pointless, unless Nintendo has something up their sleeves for Nintendo 3DS or (gasp) Wii U.

Poor guy who has to write this note about NX and Mobile every time, ha ha.

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm surprised they don't just make a new one at this point. Curious to see what they come up with, though, especially if it somehow ties into Miitopia.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Many people suppose so, combined with news about the amiibo update for New Leaf.

EDIT: Oh dammit. Without mobile news, the presentation seems kind of pointless, unless Nintendo has something up their sleeves for Nintendo 3DS or (gasp) Wii U.

Poor guy who has to write this note about NX and Mobile every time, ha ha.
pointless

oti

Banned
How can they fill an entire Special Direct for amiibo in AC? Is there more to it than what they've shown so far?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So it seems I was correct to say that while it would not be unreasonable to expect the mobile game, the only guarantee would be the New Leaf patch and that mobile could be saved for later since it was seemingly delayed to 2017.

Well, as someone who no longer plays New Leaf, this should be a pretty boring Direct. But the patch could be interesting as a hint for what the next game will have (if it extends beyond just amiibo compatibility).

Unless a new 3DS or Wii U game could be announced? But I'll say "nah."

Oh, perhaps there could be news of a film or anime or something.

VegiHam

No mobile or switch news?

..well what the heck is the point then?

I mean, this just feels like a weird call. They're going to have to talk about Mobile animal crossing soon if it's out before march, so why not now?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so the "No Switch/Mobile news" things mean it's not going to be a Switch game?

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 3DS incoming

There doesn't have to be a game announcement. It could just be the New Leaf patch and new retail SKU. Japan is getting details on Miitopia, which should help fill out the presentation, while NoA called it a "mini Direct." No idea what's going on for Europe, though.

However, the worldwide, simultaneous presentation does make me think it has to be more special than a content patch for a game that's four years old. That could have just been done in a trailer.

Wait, so the "No Switch/Mobile news" things mean it's not going to be a Switch game?

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival 3DS incoming

The patched game is getting a retail rerelease, so kind of, yes. It's called "Animal Crossing:New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo " in Europe. Think it had a different title in Japan and the US

Nasley

Neo Member
At least we'll know a little more about Miitopia come tomorrow I guess. I never expected mobile AC news but this direct does seem kind of pointless now... especially since it was announced so frickin long ago.

I reckon this update is a lot more than we think, especially if it's going to tie in with the mobile game (which its looking more and more likely will be like a travelling caravan or camping kind of thing with a campsite in the 3ds version)

Weird. It really seems Nintendo want us to be focused on the 3ds while we would rather not. Well, I still love my 3ds and hopefully the update is huge .

Here we go again. Another direct and Nintendo won't even talk about their mobile Animal Crossing game either...I don't get this company at all.

BooJoh

I had to google Miitopia to remember what it was. Just from the logo I can tell it's probably going to be something I really hope they bring to the west, especially if it's a full-fledged Mii-based RPG of some sort.

I'm not really sure what they can say about ACNL's amiibo stuff that they haven't already shown, I expect it'll be a short Direct.

RikuDawn

When they first announced an Animal Crossing Direct, I was like "they HAVE to be announcing an NX Animal Crossing game and they'll also probably talk about the mobile game and how it may connect to New Leaf and/or the NX game in some way, there's no way they're doing a Direct for an update to a 3 year old game".
Well, my dreams are dead.

18-Volt

Please no amiibo too. Nintendo focusing on useless Animal Crossing amiibo instead of releasing final Smash amiibos is a crime and they should know that.

ozfunghi

This has to be a launch game for the Switch. They'll want to wait till January to talk about it. It HAS to be a launch game. Fits the system perfectly (i enjoyed the GCN version much more than the DS version) and it can build up a social network for the system early on.

Guys, what if Miitopia will be announced for the West on this Direct? I mean, Japan got that notice because it was already announced for that region. What if we'll get the same news but without the warning?

Top Bottom