• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

Santar

shibatalayton.jpg
The big question is, will we see Shibata?
Preferably with a Animal Crossing costume this time :p

The RV stuff looks interesting but I don't want to buy into that amiibo card nonsense. Hopefully old AC amiibos will unlock some of that content. I guess we'll see.

oti

Banned
Wii fit U direct. Lol.
Man it's incredible how they were out of touch when WiiU launched...

Wii Fit U is now 3 years old and it's pretty good. They were actually right on the money with that thing. Everyone with the balance board got the game for free for buying their Fit Meter and seeing how wearables developed Nintendo knew there was something there.

But it was on Wii U so yeah, of course it failed.

Andyliini

The big question is, will we see Shibata?
Preferably with a Animal Crossing costume this time :p

I don't think this has any regional versions done. It's probably the Japanese one with subtitles in Europe, America usually has a dub. Hope I'm wrong, I love Shibata.

L~A

Maintenance ongoing, ending 15mn after start of Direct. I told you we would get the update this week :)

Thanks to the low price points, I ended up with all of the Animal Crossing Amiibo figures. I wonder what they do. Also, would love a DJ K.K. variant and Brewster. Looking forward to seeing Miitopia in the JP feed. We'll probably get that in January in the West. I hope Miitopia also uses Badge Arcade Pins.

StayDead

How long does this sort of thing usually take to get uploaded to youtube after? I'm debating whether to take lunch an hour early or not.

Perfect World: Every Amiibo unlocks something. Scan Shovel Knight Amiibo, get statue of Shovel Knight or Statue of Shield Knight at random. One scan per Amiibo per day.

@MUWANdo

Banned
How long does this sort of thing usually take to get uploaded to youtube after? I'm debating whether to take lunch an hour early or not.

Immediately after the presentation, and they'll probably put out a press release that details everything in the video.

Effect

I can't wait to get back into Animal Crossing with this new update. Missed playing the game but I do need more reason to go back then just missing my village. I do hope certain members are still there. There are two that have been there since the beginning that I would consider my character's best friends in the game. Would suck if they had left after all this time. They didn't the last two time I took extended breaks from the game but this break has been even longer.

OmegaFax

I still find it pretty unprecedented that Nintendo decided to update a four year 3DS game with new functionality.

I'd love to know the development history of this update. Was it originally developed and scrapped before Happy Home Designer took form?

E-phonk

Banned
Nintendo always seems to overestimate the popularity of animal crossing.

"Four Animal Crossing games have been released worldwide, one each for the GameCube (Originally Nintendo 64), Nintendo DS, Wii, and the Nintendo 3DS. The series has been both critically and commercially successful and has sold over 27 million units worldwide." ~ Wikipedia

How dare they overestimate this franchise.

RedToad64

I still find it pretty unprecedented that Nintendo decided to update a four year 3DS game with new functionality.

I'd love to know the development history of this update. Was it originally developed and scrapped before Happy Home Designer took form?
Animal Crossing amiibos are sitting on store shelves and nobody wants them. It is pretty obvious what they are trying to do here.

@MUWANdo

Banned

This game were massively successful and even Happy Home Designer sold like 3 million copies; AC is easily Nintendo's biggest non-Mario IP.

The popularity of the AC Amiibo is tangential to the games or peoples' affection for the characters and there are lots of factors behind why the sales of the figures aren't commensurate with the games. (The cards are selling fine, AFAIK.)

Part of it is them trying to wring more money out of an evergreen title using existing Amiibo but I suspect they're also using the update to sneak in hooks for mobile interconnectivity.

This is the first direct in a while I can't watch "live"

Sad because I'm pretty excited about the update.

I'm just annoyed that I can't seem to get an Aurora amiibo card. She's my fav.

OmegaFax

Animal Crossing amiibos are sitting on store shelves and nobody wants them. It is pretty obvious what they are trying to do here.

Right. Amiibo Festival was $12 a couple of days ago at Best Buy. The figures are usually selling for $3-$5 on Amazon.

I'm not totally oblivious to it. I still think it's neat that Nintendo salvaged an old game to move retail inventory. Nintendo is MacGuyver-ing their own destiny this year.

New Leaf was huge. Animal Crossing is probably just behind Mario and Zelda when it comes to their most successful first-party franchises, though Splatoon is quickly approaching that level too.

ngower

I can be excited for the AC update without speculating on GAF. There's just literally nothing to discuss and I hate when GAF start speculating on rumors/lack of information. Once the Direct starts, I'll actually contribute. I don't expect Switch news or anything either: Nintendo said it's only for the new AC:NL stuff, so I'm going in expecting nothing but that. I dunno, is that wrong?

woopWOOP

Gonna watch the Japan stream, even if I can't understand most of it. Wanna see what Miitopia's about!
You EU stream viewers gotta keep me up to date with any Shibata shenanigans

Top Bottom