• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

ngower

I'll download and check things out. Weirdly: I've never actually gotten that far in AC. I always get like 40 hours into a town then sorta give up because at that point it's about REALLY customizing a town and that takes forever. I'm interested to see if this changed things up in that end game so I can sorta alternate back and forth? Either way: this sorta speaks to the failure of the spinoffs in that they're incorporating their content for free in an update. Either way, just glad to get some more AC love until the next iteration.

Okay so I started watching this but switched off midway through, do my Blathers and Celeste Amiibos do anything neat with this update?

When you start your town over does it erase all the progress of things you unlocked in the store catalog? I would love to start over, but still be able to order a few of the things I really liked in my house.

This update looks big enough to make me go back.

I'm worried all my favorite villagers will be gone though. :(

Don't worry, if you've stayed away long enough without interruption by hopping in every few weeks, nothing will have changed. Maybe one animal has left and been replaced by another and that's it.
OK, your flowers may be gone and weed everywhere if you do not have the right... um... I do not know how this is called in English.

Steiner

Banned
Can't decide whether to start over or continue with my long neglected one?
My dilemma right now. I think I'd actually feel a little guilty selling off and starting over. I'm one of those people who felt slighted IRL when residents would move out. I'm too damn sentimental.

Don't worry, if you've stayed away long enough without interruption by hopping in every few weeks, nothing will have changed. Maybe one animal has left and been replaced by another and that's it.
OK, your flowers may be gone and weed everywhere if you do not have the right... um... I do not know how this is called in English.

Beautiful town ordinance. If you have that, you flowers won't be gone

Revven

This update looks pretty great, actually. I might just turn on New Leaf and see how worth it it might be. Not sure if I would sell my old town... even though it would essentially lead me to a NG+ (which is pretty cool).

The QOL changes are great, though. It's good to see they finally implemented the HHH furniture moving tools and such. And the Survival mini-game from Amiibo Festival being here is pretty hilarious (speaks to how badly Amiibo Festival must have sold). I wonder if that can be played online with friends?... Doubt it.

Weeds won't be an issue, they tweeted a few weeks ago that the update will give you a one-time removal of all your weeds, so people aren't starting the game back up and getting turned away by all of them.

Berordn

The QOL changes are great, though. It's good to see they finally implemented the HHH furniture moving tools and such. And the Survival mini-game from Amiibo Festival being here is pretty hilarious (speaks to how badly Amiibo Festival must have sold). I wonder if that can be played online with friends?... Doubt it.

Even in AF it was a solo game.

Weeds won't be an issue, they tweeted a few weeks ago that the update will give you a one-time removal of all your weeds, so people aren't starting the game back up and getting turned away by all of them.

Ah, ok, I did not know that. Clever. They also could have made you pay for it at the plant and tree guy down at the store. Nice move.

Choomp

Banned
Something about how that Direct was made felt so... unlike Nintendo it kinda of irked the hell out of me. Either way it's a cute update that I'll go download when I get the chance

khaaan

I knew you'd come back one day
soBv1Ue.jpg

-shadow-

They really should make this an option standard for a certain amount of Bells. It's bizarre they still haven't done so after all these yearsa.

Something about how that Direct was made felt so... unlike Nintendo it kinda of irked the hell out of me. Either way it's a cute update that I'll go download when I get the chance

It seemed very Nintendo to me. Reminded me of the MK8 Direct.

moozoom

Just starting the updated game...

New intro with Isabelle - the town has been cleared of the weeds apparently, YEAH !
I'm gonna play another 600 hours of this game I guess.

This update looks pretty great, actually. I might just turn on New Leaf and see how worth it it might be. Not sure if I would sell my old town... even though it would essentially lead me to a NG+ (which is pretty cool).

Shockingly, it was 1P in AF. I actually had a much better time when you play it with four people. One person is the "game master" and the other 3 each choose a character and tell the game master where to go.

For a shitty game I think my friends and I got the most fun out of that one in particular.

Hasney

I've got a lot of nerve showing up here apparently. The towns been a mess since I left 3 years ago.
Thanks, Paula.

Zeeman

Oh man, I'm kind of tempted to sell the town and start over, but I know if I see that intro with Isabelle, I'll probably feel too guilty to do it

Amazing update.

Unfortunately, this update means we'll probably have to wait a long time for Animal Crossing Switch.

That's okay though; AC fans will get their fix here.

Forkball

I got Nat as my first campground visitor. You can order anything in his room. Harvey also sells some stuff outside.

Chaos17

Free update so much new stuff make me wanna play again, damn Nintendo, well played. I've the splatoon Amiibo but need adapter to unlock it, damn it Nintendo, you know to push my fan button &#12541;(&#65290;>&#8711;<)&#65417; But hy Nintendo don't you let me have Isabelle has villager ?!

Anyone able to test if other Amiibo then the one's featured in the Direct do anything? What happens if I scan my Mario, or Rosalina, or Olimar, etc?

moozoom

Haha, the manual for the update DLC is actually an in-game item that you can put in your house and read. (check your mailbox)

maxcriden

Little tip for the future, you can link to a thread and have it jump directly to the post with the following:

[post=220666876]Could be! See post #46 from Toadthemushroom[/post]

Working example:
[post=220666876]Could be! See post #46 from Toadthemushroom[/post]

Thank you BGBW! I appreciate the kind tip. I knew how to do that ;) but I just wanted to link to the thread here in case purseowner wanted to see replies to that post a swell. I figured it would be easier to scroll/search '46' and read replies then go to the post link and then have to click again back into the thread. :D

Top Bottom