• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Summer Update 2 Trailer

V4skunk

Banned
Share islands? Damn i named my island the most offensive name you can imagine which is 100% ban worthy lol.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the island backup. Can I finally move my animal crossing save to another switch?

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'm curious about the island backup. Can I finally move my animal crossing save to another switch?

Transfers are still coming later in the year, but i would assume so. Whats stopping you from backing it up to the server and downloading it on another switch.

Transfers are still coming later in the year, but i would assume so. Whats stopping you from backing it up to the server and downloading it on another switch.
Nintendo is stopping me. Jokes aside, This game doesn't support cloud saves at the moment. Also the only game I know of that doesn't allow save transfers from switch to switch.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Nintendo is stopping me. Jokes aside, This game doesn't support cloud saves at the moment. Also the only game I know of that doesn't allow save transfers from switch to switch.

That's what i meant sorry, this update should rectify that. It's been annoying as I use my light for handheld and OG for docked play so AC has been tethered to my lite.

In theory in this update we should be able to backup and re download on another system. However in the future system transfers are still coming.

That's what i meant sorry, this update should rectify that. It's been annoying as I use my light for handheld and OG for docked play so AC has been tethered to my lite.

In theory in this update we should be able to backup and re download on another system. However in the future system transfers are still coming.
That's what I'm hoping for I want to put this on my Lite so its not hogging up my main Switch hooked up to my TV.

iconmaster

Banned
Wholesome! I imagine my kids having fun drawing custom fireworks.

Dream islands proves Ninji right yet again. That leaves the museum cafe, and farming. Farming could make a lot of sense for a fall (harvest) update...

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Wholesome! I imagine my kids having fun drawing custom fireworks.

Spoiler that, please? I already knew, but not everyone wants to know about the datamines that spoil months of surprises. It's something that's really been a bummer in my fandom for other stuff with constant online updates.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
With the visuals we have now, fireworks, despite not being something I usually care about in Animal Crossing, are probably my favorite part of this update.

With the added outdoor furniture, it just looks so spot-on to the nostalgic, wonderful summer night feeling of celebrating the 4th in the states.

Curious about the back-up service. Will I finally be able to take my island to the Switch Lite, which would actually be really fun in its own way to play Animal Crossing on, and back as I please, or are there hard limits in place?

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
With the visuals we have now, fireworks, despite not being something I usually care about in Animal Crossing, are probably my favorite part of this update.

With the added outdoor furniture, it just looks so spot-on to the feeling of celebrating the 4th in the states.

Curious about the back-up service. Will I finally be able to take my island to the Switch Lite, which would actually be really fun in its own way to play Animal Crossing on, and back as I please, or are there hard limits in place?

It seems like this will be harder to send back and forth, there is still a "transfer service coming" but at least those of us that want to send ti over to our main switch once in a while might be able to do so now.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Jooxed Jooxed

Finally! I’ll be able to take my island with me. Nintendo hasn’t abandoned me!

As I mentioned to Arcadia I think this is the harder workaround where we back our saves up to a server and we contact Nintendo Support to download them or through the site. Save transfers are still "coming by the end of the year" but its something.

As I mentioned to Arcadia I think this is the harder workaround where we back our saves up to a server and we contact Nintendo Support to download them or through the site. Save transfers are still "coming by the end of the year" but its something.
I’m just happy there’s news about it. I really thought Nintendo had given up on the whole idea. Also, I’ve been playing on the Switch Lite a whole lot more this summer. I wouldn’t mind just moving my island over there for now. Even if I can’t, any news is good news.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I still back up my island regularly with homebrew, but good to know my wife's island on her Switch Lite will survive in the cloud if something happens to her hardware. She has about 600 hours in the game now so it'd probably be devastating for her to lose it at this point.

Top Bottom