• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - New Trailer | Xbox showcase 2024

GymWolf

Gold Member
I still have to watch this one, so from the comments here i guess it's not as downgraded as the last few trailers?

MujkicHaris

The best looking game from the showcase. I love how the contrast due to shadows and lack of light bounces isn't ruined by over-used global illumination.
Beautiful gritty texture work. I can almost taste the bitterness of rust and dirt in some shots. Great work by devs.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Graphic looks nice but the gunplay looks a bit too much far cry-ish for lack of better words.

I need to see more of the shooting part before deciding if i'm in.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Actually it does have a whole metro level with the cannibals and the rest of it feels like stalker..i loved it.

Which is why Exodus is the best game in the trilogy. And there are still plenty of interior missions.
hey, i know i'm probably in the minority here, but, as someone who's enjoyed/replayed the first 2 games, i've found it impossible to even manage to get to the end of exodus. the tiresome train stuff just fucking bores me to death. that, & i really missed the dark, oppressive claustrophobia. without it, metro's just one more post-apocalyptic shooter, imo...

Stafford

New trailer looks great. But so did the other trailers. Then we saw gameplay from Gamescom I believe last year? And that looked nothing like the trailers, looked rough. Now this dude on YouTube Luke Stevens says he played it and it was very rough, felt like it's still years away. But we know this is coming in September.

Bit worried now. He mentions it early in this video.

Alebrije

Nice Series, just hope this Game is deeper that the last ones from an Story perspective and have more elaborated Side missions, Also hope they do not changed difficult becuase is an important part.

Stafford

Here's a longer video by Luke. He is getting destroyed in the comments though, lol. Hardcore Stalker fans ain't having it. I am not very familiar with Stalker, all I know is the trailers looked awesome. Luke however says it looks nothing like what we see in the trailers. Visually, but also how guns feel, how enemies react or more like lack of.

Last edited:

XXL

Here's a longer video by Luke. He is getting destroyed in the comments though, lol. Hardcore Stalker fans ain't having it. I am not very familiar with Stalker, all I know is the trailers looked awesome. Luke however says it looks nothing like what we see in the trailers. Visually, but also how guns feel, how enemies react or more like lack of.

Some things in here are definitely concerning, regardless of his criticism of the gameplay.

- Calling it a screen tearing Simulator.
- Saying the trailer looks nothing like what he played.
- The guns feeling terrible, along with the design of the combat encounters.
- Someone walking by, seeing him playing and just saying "woof". Lol. Which is hilarious to me.

I hope this game is good, it was probably my favorite trailer from the showcase. But again, regardless of his criticism of the gameplay, the rest of what he said matters way more to me.

Hopefully I was just an old build, like he mentioned.

Last edited:

Stafford

Some things in here are definitely concerning, regardless of his criticism of the gameplay.

- Calling it a screen tearing Simulator.
- Saying the trailer looks nothing like what he played.
- The guns feeling terrible, along with the design of the combat encounters.
- Someone walking by, seeing him playing and just saying "woof". Lol. Which is hilarious to me.

I hope this game is good, it was probably my favorite trailer from the showcase. But again, regardless of his criticism of the gameplay, the rest of what he said matters way more to me.

Hopefully I was just an old build, like he mentioned.

Exactly man! This honestly sounds like we're back to Gamescom last year where the gameplay footage looked bad, really bad and nothing like the trailers. I was hoping this delay would have taken care of it.

According to someone on Twitter this is a brand new demo. Hope he was kidding.

Reactions: XXL

XXL

According to someone on Twitter this is a brand new demo. Hope he was kidding.
That's not good.
Angry American Idol GIF

(If true)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Can't wait for this one, already preordered on Steam, build a new PC with this game in mind. I'm all set.
The atmosphere in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has never been replicated.

Bry0

Did he play the first game and is a fan or not?

If he did that’s concerning, if not his opinion means zilch. (To stalker fans anyway, lol)

Edit: okay I took the time to watch it. Honestly sounds like he never played stalker before and just doesn’t understand the mechanics at all. I.e. the beeping is the location of the artifact, he was supposed to be throwing bolts.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member

Well, as a frequent STALKER player (hardly a fan tho) I'd say fans having a pure knee-jerk reaction. Original games were pure eurojunk saved by mods and unique atmosphere.

Listening to Luke is actually more interesting for me because he is a typical modern player who don't give a shit about legacy and looks at the game without attachments. STALKER was always about poorly working technical state and slew of broken promises and the second game is in-line with series reputation perfectly so far.

I will play it but, once again, I'm not holding my breath that STALKER 2 will magically find mainstream success.

Last edited:

simpatico

If you've seen his other videos it makes sense. Guy is a complete idiot. More important to be worried if he's interested in a game you're excited for.

Stafford

Did he play the first game and is a fan or not?

If he did that’s concerning, if not his opinion means zilch. (To stalker fans anyway, lol)

Edit: okay I took the time to watch it. Honestly sounds like he never played stalker before and just doesn’t understand the mechanics at all. I.e. the beeping is the location of the artifact, he was supposed to be throwing bolts.

I understand all that. But what I find concerning is that he says what he played look nothing like the trailer. And this is while the trailers all look very good, they always did. The bit about the A.I. does not sound great. Guns feeling bad, etc, but in the trailer the gunplay looks fine. But assuming what he said here is genuine, it's concerning.
Well, as a frequent STALKER player (hardly a fan tho) I'd say fans having a pure knee-jerk reaction. Original games were pure eurojunk saved by mods and unique atmosphere.

Listening to Luke is actually more interesting for me because he is a typical modern player who don't give a shit about legacy and looks at the game without attachments. STALKER was always about poorly working technical state and slew of broken promises and the second game is in-line with series reputation perfectly so far.

I will play it but, once again, I'm not holding my breath that STALKER 2 will magically find mainstream success.

But it really sucks that they would mislead the people this badly then. The trailers really make it look like it's a Metro game with good gunplay, very nice visually, etc.

If you've seen his other videos it makes sense. Guy is a complete idiot. More important to be worried if he's interested in a game you're excited for.

That bad? I've seen some videos of him in the past where he would go on for two hours about a Ubi game, it was just too much really, lol. But again, the fact he says it looks nothing like the trailers has me a bit worried. Regardless of him having never played a game in this franchise.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
But it really sucks that they would mislead the people this badly then. The trailers really make it look like it's a Metro game with good gunplay, very nice visually, etc.
Yeah, trailers are clearly selling the different concept to the wrong people. It will convert to very confused reception, mark my words.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
hey, i know i'm probably in the minority here, but, as someone who's enjoyed/replayed the first 2 games, i've found it impossible to even manage to get to the end of exodus. the tiresome train stuff just fucking bores me to death. that, & i really missed the dark, oppressive claustrophobia. without it, metro's just one more post-apocalyptic shooter, imo...
As someone who liked first game and really liked Last Light, Exodus was awful. Couldn't bring myself to finish it. Had some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a video game.

Bry0

Yeah, trailers are clearly selling the different concept to the wrong people. It will convert to very confused reception, mark my words.
Idk it looks like a stalker game to me. They show the pda map, they show locations from COP like the area near yantar, they’ve shown rookie village. I think it’s hard to encapsulate what stalker is in a trailer if you’ve never played it, and any similarity to metro is pretty superficial. 4A was started by devs who came from GSC.

I think what GSC should do soon is an extended gameplay demo. Really show people what playing stalker is like in a good 30 minute chunk so people realize it’s not a linear shooter. I could even tell from the most recent trailer that they are going with a ballistic system like cop, and I doubt people playing the demo realize there is an armor system, so they may be shooting people in the chest expecting it to feel like COD and getting confused on why they are taking so many bullets hence “gunplay is bad” or “encounters feel simple” not realizing how the a-life system works in the open world.

Last edited:

Stafford

However...

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/fp...byl-hands-on-xbox-series-x-preview-june-2024/

Top Bottom