• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another game suffering from success: Last Epoch director admits his optimistic launch expectations 'aged like milk' (Currently 198K CC players)

Ozzie666

A shame about the launch and server issues. But it's amazing what this small team has put together. Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. This game scratches the itch, it's abit of a throw back with some innovations. Well done to them.

Hot5pur

The more I play this game, the more I'm impressed.
Diablo 4 is the best comparison.
Diablo was super exciting because the first act and art direction/gameplay is amazing.
You think "OMG this game is going to open up into a whole open world, it's going to be amazing".
But then it's more of the same. Drab looking landscapes that are mostly indistinguishable. Limited enemy variety with uninteresting mechanics.
Items that have ridiculous affixes like "get a 2% chance of 50% increase in melee damage whenever you attack an elite and it's raining outside and you're doing a ballet dance".
Legendary aspects was a bad idea, just makes tweaking a build extremely tedious, oh you found a new pair of pants, well too bad you need this aspect that ties into how your other aspects work and you can't extract it because it's already been imprinted, and it's on a different piece of gear so you have to reshuffle everything anyway.
Those class specific affixes should really belong in a skill tree. Yikes.
I still enjoyed playing to level 60ish, but going back to the game does not bring me much joy, and overall its flaws are so much more glaring now in retrospect.
I think LE has legs, they'll sort out online eventually, Helldivers 2 also got a lock of review flak but if the core of the game is good people will come back. Or so I think.

Legendary aspects was a bad idea, just makes tweaking a build extremely tedious, oh you found a new pair of pants, well too bad you need this aspect that ties into how your other aspects work and you can't extract it because it's already been imprinted, and it's on a different piece of gear so you have to reshuffle everything anyway.
Those class specific affixes should really belong in a skill tree. Yikes.

This was the main reason I quit that game. Well ... that and sorc being unplayable at endgame. But mostly your quote. I can remember getting new legendary aspects and just groaning and putting it in storage and not even looking at it. Then storage filled up. Quit. Aint nobody got time for that.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Man… I love the game except it’s loaded with bugs. I’ve found 2 bugs now that have seriously hampered my play through (and filed reports for both of them):

Focus w/teleport node cancels if you use it before the previous spell animation finishes. You’ll teleport then immediately cancel out of Focus

Lightning Blast’s Halo Effect node literally does nothing. It’s supposed to cause a nova effect and damage nearby enemies.

I’m getting Wolcen flashbacks here. You almost have to plan your build by learning which abilities actually work and which ones are bugged. Hard to believe there are this many bugs after 4 years in early access. I’m probably going to shelve it for now and pick it up a few patches later.

Bry0

issues seem to be smoothed on for logging in now at least. I’ve had the game for years but waited for 1.0 to play. The core combat feel is really just ok I think, but I’ve had weird bugs getting stuck, casts that feel unresponsive, and the story was a total slog.

Then I got to end game monoliths and I just wish I could sit at home and play more. I’m not blown away, but I do like it.

Top Bottom