• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another revolution controller pic..

DJ_Tet

Banned
DrGAKMAN said:
Loki-sized response

Sorry, I misread what you said about the screens in your research paper :p There are some cool ideas in there though. Not practical, but pretty interesting concepts. I don't think anyone is ready for two handed controllers for one, especially if they are aware of their own spacial concerns. Can you imagine the arm fatigue using those?

StRaNgE

Banned
John Harker said:
fnlight.jpg

sorry, couldn't help myself

John that was awesome!!!

specially considering in the airbrush world my nickname is Nemo, ha ha ha ha.....

shiney blue goodness for all of us.... :)

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Thanks for keeping this topic alive...I love to speculate/theorize.

Okay...as far as using gyro motion control (wether one handed or two handed) I see only some games using this some of the time. I don't expect all games on Revolution to use it nor use it all the time...that would cause problems with not only arm fatigue, but imagine multiplayer games requiring multiple people to flail thier arms causing bodily harm and needing too much space just to play a game. No...I don't think the interface will be that demanding/limiting to the player. I imagine that some games would only require it slightly (steering, piloting, tilting, simple hand motion (not neccessarilly your whole arm), jerking, etc.).

As far as using a dual-weilding control method...again, no...I don't imagine all games will use this either. However, the prospect of such freedom and immersion really brings out the potential in gyro motion control...it puts it above merely a tilt pack. Imagine shaddow boxing in PunchOut!, hang-gliding in Pilotwings, virtual lightguns in both hands or even sword & shield control. Not saying all games should forever use this or be limited only to this...but I think gamers and non-gamers would be curious about such ways to play.

Practicality and doability beyond that is there...it's just designing a controller that is accomedating for that type of gaming (as well as more traditional gaming) is needed. That's what I'm trying to visualize. In the concept I've already posted (the two peice interface), I agree that there's issues with how such seperated grips could work plausibly, let alone price/battery life issues. Hence, why I posted again about a one-peice design I'm now working on. However, with the one-peice design I'm working on now, some games could still use dual-weilding by holding a controller vertically in each hand.

DJ_Tet

Banned
DrGAKMAN said:
Thanks for keeping this topic alive...I love to speculate/theorize.

Okay...as far as using gyro motion control (wether one handed or two handed) I see only some games using this some of the time. I don't expect all games on Revolution to use it nor use it all the time...that would cause problems with not only arm fatigue, but imagine multiplayer games requiring multiple people to flail thier arms causing bodily harm and needing too much space just to play a game. No...I don't think the interface will be that demanding/limiting to the player. I imagine that some games would only require it slightly (steering, piloting, tilting, simple hand motion (not neccessarilly your whole arm), jerking, etc.).

As far as using a dual-weilding control method...again, no...I don't imagine all games will use this either. However, the prospect of such freedom and immersion really brings out the potential in gyro motion control...it puts it above merely a tilt pack. Imagine shaddow boxing in PunchOut!, hang-gliding in Pilotwings, virtual lightguns in both hands or even sword & shield control. Not saying all games should forever use this or be limited only to this...but I think gamers and non-gamers would be curious about such ways to play.

Practicality and doability beyond that is there...it's just designing a controller that is accomedating for that type of gaming (as well as more traditional gaming) is needed. That's what I'm trying to visualize. In the concept I've already posted (the two peice interface), I agree that there's issues with how such seperated grips could work plausibly, let alone price/battery life issues. Hence, why I posted again about a one-peice design I'm now working on. However, with the one-peice design I'm working on now, some games could still use dual-weilding by holding a controller vertically in each hand.

That Punch Out!! idea is just crazy enough to work.

Jacobi

Banned
That russian text screams fake. It says "Epementui" (Elementui is right) on Kyrillian. Then there are romanic written words like movment or surtain.

The Revolution controller doesn't need to be set up for NES through GameCube games. You can plug in a GameCube controller to play the older stuff.

Jacobi

Banned
Jonnyboy117 said:
The Revolution controller doesn't need to be set up for NES through GameCube games. You can plug in a GameCube controller to play the older stuff.
but but reggie said something different

Top Bottom