• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any other insomniacs out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Eugh, I couldn't sleep at all tonight...err last night. I would lay in bed for 30 minutes in pure darkness and just couldn't sleep. There have been nights where I lay in bed for hours, just sitting there waiting to fall asleep. I've been like this for at least 2 years now, I just have a REALLY hard time sleeping. I don't know if it is stress related or what, but sometimes I suddenly just can't sleep for days on end. The longest I've gone without sleep is around 60 hours, that was about 5 months ago. Is there anyone else that deals with this? Any tips or tricks that might help me out? I've tried exercising before bed, not thinking about my day, and staying away from colas the whole night. None of those things seem to change my sleeping patterns. :(

Thank god for forums, games, and late night cable. Otherwise I would be bored to death during these sleepless nights.

Have you tried sleeping pills or alcohol? Even just one beer will help you go to sleep. It helps me at least. It might help to stay away from other stuff like maybe sugar, cigarettes, and weed for a a few hours before going to sleep.

Grifter

I've always been bad at falling asleep, laying around forever even when I know I should be tired. Alcohol might be a good idea.

luxsol

Masturbate before going to sleep. Great way to get relaxed.

Or be like me and listen to music that's blaring.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm still awake, but I went to the store for and that has really tired me out. Grocery shopping makes Grizzly sleepy. Thanks for the advice so far, I might try some of those things.

bjork

Used to be like that all the time. Now I just go to sleep when I'm tired, and it almost always works. I'll lay down, kind of turn on my side, and it's lights out.

Malakhov

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
Have you tried sleeping pills or alcohol? Even just one beer will help you go to sleep. It helps me at least. It might help to stay away from other stuff like maybe sugar, cigarettes, and weed for a a few hours before going to sleep.
There's nothing better than to smoke some weed before going to bed for me, it knocks me out.

miyuru

Malakhov said:
There's nothing better than to smoke some weed before going to bed for me, it knocks me out.

I never burn out, unless I'm already tired before smoking. If that's the case, I just need to smoke a little so I don't get high, but just tired pretty soon...seriously, the most relaxing sleeps I've had were after doing weed.

budala1

I am sick of this shit I can't sleep more than 4 hour and when I wake up I feel like shit, I feel like I just ren 10 miles or like I been in a fight my whole body hurting. I don't know what to do HELP

Socreges

Banned
Eugh, I couldn't sleep at all tonight...err last night. I would lay in bed for 30 minutes in pure darkness and just couldn't sleep. There have been nights where I lay in bed for hours, just sitting there waiting to fall asleep. I've been like this for at least 2 years now, I just have a REALLY hard time sleeping. I don't know if it is stress related or what, but sometimes I suddenly just can't sleep for days on end. The longest I've gone without sleep is around 60 hours, that was about 5 months ago. Is there anyone else that deals with this? Any tips or tricks that might help me out?
Be in a dark setting whenever possible. The less light you receive all day, the sooner you're going to get tired. Fact.
I've tried exercising before bed, not thinking about my day, and staying away from colas the whole night. None of those things seem to change my sleeping patterns.
I'm pretty sure exercising before bed is, in fact, not a good idea. It will make it even more difficult to fall asleep. Exercise during the day or early evening.

Do not take sleeping pills. You'll grow dependent on them.

Grizzlyjin

Ok...yeah I'm still awake. I actually don't feel as tired as I did earlier, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm very doubtful that I get any sleep tonight. :(

And I have job interviews tomorrow, they're going to think I'm on drugs or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom