• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Lucid dreamers out there?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So do you guys just try and fuck everyone in your dreams then?Thats what I would do.
Hell ya. Friends, hot chicks, models you name it.

But just like real life I’m picky. I have never purposely fucked n ugly fat woman.

If it’s a lucid dream…. (Which for those of you who never get them my lucid dreams don’t always start out lucid.) It’ll be a normal dream but midway through some reason I realize it’s lucid and I’m like “oh fuck I’m in the mode I can do and think what I want. Better hurry before it’s over!”

In lucid mode it’s weird too because some dreams last short, some last long for no reason. I can be in a scary dream where everyone disappears and it ends right away. But then I get a similar one and it goes on forever. So I don’t think dreams end faster if you’re blood pressure goes up due to sex or scares. I don’t know. Seems kind of random.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm so immersed i guess even those classic method's are very hard for me.

There are a few methods I use. They work for me, but not all the time.

First I always read before bed. Reading is a great way to excersie and tire the brain. When I'm feeling like I'm drifting off, I'll then close my eyes and focus on the patterns that I see.

When we close our eyes we don't see complete blackness. You'll see random shapes and patterns. I really focus on those until they morph into fractal patterns. Then it kinda just happens. I can't explain how, but it does.

Like I said, it might not work for you and doesn't always work for me, but it's the best method for me personally.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One thing about dreams in general. I remember an episode of batman animated series and Batman says you can’t read words or numbers in dreams. That’s BS. I can read words all the time.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There are a few methods I use. They work for me, but not all the time.

First I always read before bed. Reading is a great way to excersie and tire the brain. When I'm feeling like I'm drifting off, I'll then close my eyes and focus on the patterns that I see.

When we close our eyes we don't see complete blackness. You'll see random shapes and patterns. I really focus on those until they morph into fractal patterns. Then it kinda just happens. I can't explain how, but it does.

Like I said, it might not work for you and doesn't always work for me, but it's the best method for me personally.

Interesting.

I assume you are quite mentality stable.

Because reasons I spend a decade taking strong sleeping pills to fall asleep but stopped taking them some years ago. They're poison for your sleep quality. I figured out a way of falling asleep naturally, analyzing MMA fights or loosing myself in a fantasy for example. Reading your post and others ITT makes me curious about trying out different ways.

Step by step though.

Appreciate your and all other posts. ♡

Last edited:
I dream and sometimes it feels real. Mostly about travel and cool stuff.

Did you listen to ACG this week OP.

ACG as in the gaming podcast? No I didn't, was there anything good on it?

I’ve always wanted to have lucid dreams but never works. Kept doing things like counting fingers and looking at clocks to try train my mind to do that in dreams but no luck.

Every time I go to sleep i take deep breaths and clear my mind or focus on a mantra. I let my body go into a deep relaxation but try keep my mind fully awake. I read that it’s a way to lucid dream with the idea being your body falls asleep but your mind transitions into sleep but stays active. Well it’s obviously not working for me but I still do it because it’s an easy way to get to sleep and I really struggle getting to sleep.

My best technique was always back tracking time and was I have been doing since I got up, I will do that anytime something weird IRL or when some weird in my dreams happens, with IRL I can recall back to the point that I woke up in the morning where in a dream (at least my dreams) they randomly jump around to different places and scenarios, it isn't linear so you can quickly tell you are in a dream. I never fall asleep and immediately go into a lucid dream, they start out as a vivid dream (where I can remember the dream when I wake up, but not realizing I am in a dream), but usually something has to happen in the dream where I am like "that does seem right or make sense" then I do my time tracking and realize I am in a dream, from there I can take control.

Yup. Sometimes I get it. Totally random.

The best dreams are chick humping lucid dreams. Wow. I can’t believe a screwed her!

But the most scary ones are also lucid dreams. Sleep paralysis is the worst. Not sure if that is classified as lucid, but that’s where you’re lying there like a statue, but your eyes are open and can see the room. You know you’re fucked and can’t move and got to wait for it to end. It can feel like 5 minutes real time struggling to wake up. But in reality dreams can move super fast. It might only be 10 seconds. But feels like forever. 90% of the time I struggle to wake up. It kind of works but then I go right back to it. After maybe 6-7 times forcing myself to wake up I eventually do.

I get sleep paralysis dreams maybe once every couple months. The worst ones are when I’m dozing off and I can literally feel it going right in sleep paralysis mode.

I have only had sleep paralysis a couple times my whole life, the last one I had about a year ago and I DO NOT like that feeling at all, I had my eyes open, couldn't move my body or scream, I had to use all the strength in me just to move a little and then finally popped out of it!

I don’t think it’s even possible to control dreams like that. But who knows maybe some people can perfect it doing lucid mode when they feel like it.

I’ve read stuff too about being in a lucid dream and if you stretch your hands and fingers out it makes the dream longer. Never worked.

I have never stretched fingers, etc. in my lucid dreams, I have made my physical appreance different (taller, stronger, etc.) but I didn't do any Stretch Armstrong stuff!

Hell ya. Friends, hot chicks, models you name it.

But just like real life I’m picky. I have never purposely fucked n ugly fat woman.

If it’s a lucid dream…. (Which for those of you who never get them my lucid dreams don’t always start out lucid.) It’ll be a normal dream but midway through some reason I realize it’s lucid and I’m like “oh fuck I’m in the mode I can do and think what I want. Better hurry before it’s over!”

In lucid mode it’s weird too because some dreams last short, some last long for no reason. I can be in a scary dream where everyone disappears and it ends right away. But then I get a similar one and it goes on forever. So I don’t think dreams end faster if you’re blood pressure goes up due to sex or scares. I don’t know. Seems kind of random.

Mine is the same way, I will make the dream lucid and try to keep in that same area or scenario, but eventually it will morph into something else, which I will still have control over when it does, but it is hard to keep the same scenario going for an extended time.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
ACG as in the gaming podcast? No I didn't, was there anything good on it?

My best technique was always back tracking time and was I have been doing since I got up, I will do that anytime something weird IRL or when some weird in my dreams happens, with IRL I can recall back to the point that I woke up in the morning where in a dream (at least my dreams) they randomly jump around to different places and scenarios, it isn't linear so you can quickly tell you are in a dream. I never fall asleep and immediately go into a lucid dream, they start out as a vivid dream (where I can remember the dream when I wake up, but not realizing I am in a dream), but usually something has to happen in the dream where I am like "that does seem right or make sense" then I do my time tracking and realize I am in a dream, from there I can take control.

I have only had sleep paralysis a couple times my whole life, the last one I had about a year ago and I DO NOT like that feeling at all, I had my eyes open, couldn't move my body or scream, I had to use all the strength in me just to move a little and then finally popped out of it!

I have never stretched fingers, etc. in my lucid dreams, I have made my physical appreance different (taller, stronger, etc.) but I didn't do any Stretch Armstrong stuff!

Mine is the same way, I will make the dream lucid and try to keep in that same area or scenario, but eventually it will morph into something else, which I will still have control over when it does, but it is hard to keep the same scenario going for an extended time.
Last podcast they spent 30 minutes or so talking about lucid dreams. That is where I thought the topic came from.

Last podcast they spent 30 minutes or so talking about lucid dreams. That is where I thought the topic came from.

Nope, just had the most craziest lucid dream I have every had last night, so I figured I would share, might check out the podcast though!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
My vivid dreams that don't become lucid by voluntary means usually consist of absolutely bizzare scenery. I recall quite a few taking place in a massive, and I mean massive concrete tower broken up into levels like a parking garage sitting in the ocean, almost like an oil rig or something. It's usually in some state of moderate to severe deterioration. We're talking like cracked and splintered concrete, exposed steel framework, debris and dust covering surfaces. I'm usually trying to get from one point of the structure to another. Sometimes I'll have companions, sometimes I'll be alone. The cause for the structural damage is usually because of a large storm that's passed or because of an active tornado. These tornadoes are always black as night and appear in the distance of the water or the horizon, and they're like....absurdly large. Line something you'd see in a High Fantasy setting.

My other common backdrop for dreams is finding a hidden upper floor or attic in a large building that's been left off the map. Getting to these places usually involves traveling dark hallways, opening up large steel doors, or finding false walls or floors. The "hidden," levels are always dust and web covered, and full of objects that are in pristine condition, but look as if they were abandoned mid task - plates with old food, open books on desks, etc. The feeling that I'm not supposed to be in these spaces always manifests as a sort of Dread or feeling of needing to hurry. These dreams have occurred in my old high school, a hospital, a church, etc.

Just wanted to share a couple of dreams I've had. Interesting thread.

Mistake

I've managed to do it a few times, usually in flying scenarios. I found that if I think too hard, things don't work. There's some sort of natural trick to it

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Another thing about lucid dreams is clarity. it sounds weird, but when I know I'm in lucid mode sometimes my vision/view is crystal clear like it's real life. But then sometimes my surroundings are kind of burry. I think to myself really hard hoping it will clear up if I focus. It never improves. It's like what you see is what you get. Then at some point I wake up.

As for more sleep paralysis info to those of you never getting it, one thing that is important is that despite being able to struggle to move a bit, in reality I'm pretty sure with 99% certainty I didn't move at all. My eyes are open to see the room, but I know despite moving my arms or feet a bit i didnt move because Ive this before many times when in scary sleep paralysis mode:

I'll bite my hand or arm hoping to wake up. If I do wake up, there is never a mark. So it shows I never actually bit anything.

BigLee74

I wish I could lucid dream at will, so much fun to be had. The issue is I always wake up about 10 seconds after I realise.

It’s happened a few times recently, and I’m sorry to report I just use it to make woman go about topless. I am that shallow 😂😀.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I tried decades ago, a mate and me even trashed some Oakleys to put a sensor and a LED in them so they flashed red light when the sensor detected REM sleep, and then the flashing should warn you that you are in a dream. It was very uncomfortable to sleep in Oakleys tho and the red flashing made me dream of my dad chasing me with a flamethrower.

You can train this, ie trying to use lightswitches or read the clock in your dreams, since that doesn't really work it could trigger beco;ing aware of the dream state.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Man... I had the most vivid semi lucid dream last night... it was lucid somewhat. Felt so real. What a treat even though the dream had a twist which was horrible.

Keywords

Group (?) Ticket to an resort on another planet.
Checking out the resort
Tropical setting.
Touching naked woman
(Jennifer Aniston wtf???)
Plot twist

Young boy serial killer liked to disfigure (cutting pieces of skin off)

We meet. He pulls out two big scalpels? Suddenly he vanished and he's on the ceiling like a demon in those horror movies

Escape?

Ending was me on the planet but not on the resort seeing some big sign with words and or numbers.

A couple (like they own the resort?) walk up and I say something about the sign and they reply with something akin to "hah..you've figured it out, huh?"

I've omitted a lot

I layed in bed a hour trying to remember as much as possible.

Feel so blessed for having this dream world

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Another thing about lucid dreams is clarity. it sounds weird, but when I know I'm in lucid mode sometimes my vision/view is crystal clear like it's real life. But then sometimes my surroundings are kind of burry. I think to myself really hard hoping it will clear up if I focus. It never improves. It's like what you see is what you get. Then at some point I wake up.

Yes that's more or like how the touching nude woman part of my dream was. I feel like i slip in and out of like 40% lucidity. I'm not sure. My dreams are always REALLY vivid but last night was one you get once a month.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Lots of dream talk

About Today’s Guest: Brian Cotnoir is an alchemist, artist and award-winning filmmaker. His books include Alchemy: The Poetry of Matter, Practical Alchemy: A Guide to the Great Work, Alchemical Meditations, On the Quintessence of Wine and the Emerald Table. His film work has been screened at the Museum of Modern Art, Sundance Film Festival, HBO, PBS and other international venues.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I have the worst lucid dreams. Some nights it's so real I wake up and my brain feels like it's on fire. Don't have any tumours, cancer or any related illness, but they're getting worse..

Had a weird one Friday night, I dreamt a dog (We don't have a dog) took a poo in the corner of the room, one of the poo's was suspended in a cob web. I woke up, told my wife whilst we were still in bed and she said 'That's odd, I dreamt I trod in a dog poo in my old house whilst bare foot'

No more than ten minutes later one of our cats came through the cat flap, up to our room, let out a massive meow and shit in the corner.. for no reason at all

I just don't know what's real anymore :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I have zero control in my messed up dreams, always a passenger. I see colours, feel heat, you name it, they're too real.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I've had phases covering multiple years in my 20s where I had sleep paralysis that lead to lucid dreams etc. It was never something I was after (most of the time it was annoying and super scary). Once in a while I would fall back to sleep when in sleep paralysis and be lucid dreaming, but only ever for a couple of minutes (at least if felt like that). Sex dreams and flying felt unreal / really cool.

But I was just relieved sleep paralysis stopped at some point (rarely have it now) that I never wanted to force lucid dreaming, fearing it would also bring back sleep paralysis - which can be super fucking annoying ...

Davesky

I have always had strange dreams then after reading “The Red Book” I had a full blown alchemical ‘citrinitas’ spiritual experience, and intense dreams synchronistic with real life experiences. Precognitive you could say. Ten years later the event has still stuck with me, it turns out my Dads death last year seems to have created the experience exactly ten years prior and also another full blown spiritual awakening over the last year, revealing to me that everything is interconnected and filled with meaning and purpose, even in all the chaos there is a hidden order behind everything. Some of my dreams over the last year could be considered full blown spirit contact and prophetic.

“Our psyche can function as though space did not exist. The psyche can thus be independent of space, of time, and of causality. This explains the possibility of magic” - Jung

The reason your dreams go that way is because there is no time in this higher dimension or reality. Time is an illusion and the past, present and future are all happening at the exact same time. Dreamtime is some sort of access to part of four dimensional space.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You would love that Podcast if you haven't already listened to it

Nice to see so many ITT having the same double life as I do. ♡

Last edited:
Top Bottom