• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any writers looking for work? (Xbox fans, particularly)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Edit: Thanks for the inquiries! At this point, my friend has gotten all of the responses he needed.

I just got an email from a friend who is in the process of launching a new Xbox site (URL won't be mentioned publically since I don't want to solicit). This is a serious thread/oppurtunity for writers who are looking for a gig. Yes you will get paid a decent sum of money every month, and no I don't know the figure -- that you'll have to take up with him. Regardless, this is an Xbox site that will likely take off quick with the right people behind it (search engine placement will be no problem with him, that's for sure) -- all it needs is writers, enthusiasts, aspiring writers, whatever. I don't want to solicit anything here, so I'm keeping this thread vague. If you're interested, PM me and I'll forward you his contact info.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Turn this in to a contest... guess the specific forum member that will PM Alpha!

GhaleonEB....

AlphaSnake

DarienA said:
Turn this in to a contest... guess the specific forum member that will PM Alpha!

GhaleonEB....

Hehe, negative. But I've already received more than a handful of PMs. This forum never fails to amaze me. =)

Keep it comin, guys.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
AlphaSnake said:
Hehe, negative. But I've already received more than a handful of PMs. This forum never fails to amaze me. =)

You're surprised that folks would PM you to write on a site? Lord knows why...

AlphaSnake

DarienA said:
You're surprised that folks would PM you to write on a site? Lord knows why...

No, it's the time frame. 5 minutes after the thread was made I had 4 PMs already. It's this forum's traffic and enthusiasm/eagerness is what's great. =P

AlphaSnake

Cerrius said:
Post the same thing on GameFAQs and you'd get a significant amount of people as well. :p

GameFAQs intelligence level is like a repellent. :p

mosaic

go eat paint
Hey AlphaSnake, I know a guy who'd be just right for that site.

Has he contacted you yet?

His name is... DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ NUTS!!!

Hee hee hee.

(how's your tooth doing?)

COCKLES

being watched
XBOX IS TEH AWESOME! ALLARD FOR PRESIDENT! BILL IS GOD!

360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PISSSTATION 3.

When do I start?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH SOME NORDIC GUY WITH A DEVKIT TRYING TO FIND A PUBLISHER FOR HIS GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT SAW BLADES AT SQUIRRELS

GhaleonEB

DarienA said:

GhaleonEB....

I'm flattered. :)

I was the lead writer for Segaweb.com for nearly a year back before it folded in Kikizo and got good feedback on it. Sadly, I no longer have time to write, or even PLAY, many games these days - work + kids = no time.

jooey said:
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH SOME NORDIC GUY WITH A DEVKIT TRYING TO FIND A PUBLISHER FOR HIS GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT SAW BLADES AT SQUIRRELS

That'd be more amusing if "Conker" didn't immediately spring to mind. Rare's already cornered the market on squirrel violence.

AlphaSnake

mosaic said:
Hey AlphaSnake, I know a guy who'd be just right for that site.

Has he contacted you yet?

His name is... DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ NUTS!!!

Hee hee hee.

(how's your tooth doing?)

Had both toppers broken and cracked and scooped out. I have craters in my mouth and it hurts when I breathe.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
What the hell.

I'll give it a shot, I've been aching to get back into writing. Hell I can be a news guy if need be.

Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony it doesn't matter, I'm genuinly excited for every platform.

TekunoRobby said:
What the hell.

I'll give it a shot, I've been aching to get back into writing. Hell I can be a news guy if need be.

Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I PM'd him cause of the same reason. I've been putting off writing for a long time, this is as good enough excuse as any to get the ball rolling again.

I'd like to toss my name in the hat, but... XBox. :( As much as I enjoy my XDude, my disinterest in XB Live, squad-based shooters, street-racing, and sports games immediately takes me out of the running. Best of luck to all involved, though.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
How about not XBox fans? It would be great to have just one single-format site written by people who enjoy gaming rather than having some bizarre near-sexual relationship with their console manufacturer of choice, spinning every piece of news as positively as they can and overrating games left, right and centre.

B'z-chan

Banned
iapetus said:
How about not XBox fans? It would be great to have just one single-format site written by people who enjoy gaming rather than having some bizarre near-sexual relationship with their console manufacturer of choice, spinning every piece of news as positively as they can and overrating games left, right and centre.

You summed up my feelings perfectly.

Datrio

Judging by the replies, probably what, 50 people PMed you? I think that's already enough for a site about a single platform.

...OR IS IT!?

AlphaSnake

iapetus said:

Obvious biases will be weeded out, I wouldn't worry about it. And thanks for all of the PMs. The responses have been overwhelming, and at this point my friend is happy with the 50+ inquiries.

Hey Alpha,
Sorry I'm late to the party, had registration problems which will more than likely cost me... still taking apps at all? I tried to send a PM, but your inbox must be full...

Thanks!

C.

Top Bottom