• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else watch Hells Paradise

If you do mention anything after episode 5 in spoiler tag, I watch the dub.

Anyway this anime kicks ass, the premise is very unique compared to other recent shonen like My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen and even Chainsaw Man. I like how the main character just wants to see his wife again, he doesn't care about becoming the best or getting to bang one of his higher ups, it's refreshing to finally have a MC with honest, grounded motives. It has plenty of interesting characters, like the Bakugo lookalike who is good at adapting, the asaemon chick who is supervising gabimaru, etc. The vibe is very dark and uncertain. I really like the themes like "emotion vs duty" and "the true will to live".

The opening is GOATed. Animation looks stellar too.

I'd highly reccomend jumping on the boat to anyone who likes dark shonen like Jujutsu Kaisen or Chainsaw Man.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I watched just a bit of the first episode, and I found it intriguing. Had to go do something else but I'm going to get back to it.

JBat

I've been enjoying it too. Really well animated and I like all the crazy imagery of the island and monsters. One thing that stood out to me was the sexy ninja chick character actual looks like a woman and her boobies aren't just giant circles that defy physics lol.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I asked if this show actually kills characters or if it was another toothless Shounen. I was informed the latter.

Doesn't seem to be more than entertaining edgy trash which is what I want but only if it does it properly like Akame ga Kill.

zellend

Neo Member
I am enjoying it, however the most recent episode felt like a filler. Overall its definitely one of the strongest shows this season.

I asked if this show actually kills characters or if it was another toothless Shounen. I was informed the latter.

Doesn't seem to be more than entertaining edgy trash which is what I want but only if it does it properly like Akame ga Kill.
The show literally just started lmao

Top Bottom