• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone get the HD Loader yet?

tenchir

The HDLoader has been delayed to the 11th. They are going to implemet some really strong anti-piracy protection on the disc. I assume it makes it harder to copy the CD...... or it won't let you install backups/imports.....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heh, this sounds like Bleem situation. PSone emulator for PC that runs only when the CD is inserted in the CD. The disc itself was writtein in a really weird say so that it couldn't be copied. Took a couple years to crack

tenchir

The copy protection for Bleem as far as I understand is that there are sectors on the CD that just can't be copied, the software(Bleem) will check for those sectors before it runs. This is what I assume they are doing with the PS2.

Dekajelly

scam.jpg

rofl.gif

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^'Sup?

They tried to keep me down, but I just moved 'em out the way!

JiggaHittinChicks.gif

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That's the second time I've seen the word 'lynch' on here in the last hour. You can tell I've been away.

shuri

Banned
Can I install backups/imports using HDLoaderCan I install backups/imports using HDLoader?

We cannot comment on this. Any emails asking this question will be ignore.?

Oh noz all the stupid lamers who were going to use this for games they leeched off bittorrent AM CRY!

davis

I got an email that it shipped.

By the way it was asked about in the other thread but I have ordered from the console corner once before it was a scorpion 3 light gun came pretty fast and was new so transaction went fine, wans't used(cough cough Buyrite) worked great with TC1/2. But again this is only one thing I bought from them.

So your suppose to have the load disc spinning in the ps2 whenever you play a game off the HD? Because I bought it partly so I could just put less strain on the drive by playing the games off the HDD. I have FF11 with the HDD and love the fact I never have to run it off the disc since I think that game over time might kill any drive.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I assume you need to load the disc in the PS2 in order to load games off the HDD. The disc contains the loader the load games of the HDD and stuff. I doubt the program will be on the HDD itself since you could just borrow it from a friend or something

Kon Tiki

Banned
shuri said:
Oh noz all the stupid lamers who were going to use this for games they leeched off bittorrent AM CRY!

Wouldn't the 'stupid lamers' just leech the cracked version of HD loader?

247ownz said:
I ordered from here: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/product.php?productid=1926&cat=&page=1 Got it this morning from my trusty USPS mailman. Installation was pretty straight forward. I've tried with 6 games so far (5 DVDROM and 1 CDROM) no issues at all. All in all well worth the wait and well worth the price!

Here's my setup:

PS2 SCPH 50001
Official $ony Network Adapter
Maxtor 120GB IDE HDD
HDLoader Version 1.0

That would be my setup if divineo would ship the thing. *tear*

Top Bottom