• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron HD Remaster coming to Nintendo Switch

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, originally released in 2011, is a unique third-person action adventure filled with deeply artistic world-building, outstanding aesthetics, and thrilling battles. Experience an incredible mix of 2D-like platformer action and a colorful 3D world in an exceptional setting.

• An ever-changing endless visual experience - El Shaddai's artistic setting aims to provide a canvas-like world that changes in an organic way as long as you progress your adventure. The world keeps changing constantly in the most creative and innovative ways, perhaps even nostalgic
  • Easy to play, hard to master - You'll only have four buttons: jump, attack, guard and weapon stealing. But this simple way of proceeding is deeper than one can expect. There is no need of manuals or walkthroughs to get into the game, but if anyone is ready to deepen into the mechanics, the game will offer a profound, precise and rewarding timing-based action experience. The motto of El Shaddai's gameplay always was to be "easy but profound". Many of the game's mechanics such as the offense-defense systems were carefully created to provide the best possible game feel

el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron-hd-remaster-multilanguage-785325.1.jpg

My pre-order is ready!!!

One of the PS3 games that I always wanted to play and never could.

el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron-hd-remaster-dramatic-editi-785333.8.jpg

• Switch Game: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron HD Remaster
  • Drama CD
  • Drama CD Script

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I played it back on PS3. It's an oddity. The gameplay is repetitive and the visuals are weird but likable, a flawed but original game I'm quite surprised to see it reappear on Switch.

bender

What time is it?
I played it back on PS3. It's an oddity. The gameplay is repetitive and the visuals are weird but likable, a flawed but original game I'm quite surprised to see it reappear on Switch.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember Shane Battenhausen being part of this for Ignition Games (?) after his 1Up career. i wonder whatever happened to that guy. That and...
But will they re-release the jeans?

Well done.

CamHostage

Strange that this game of all "hidden gem" games from that era keeps getting another chance. The PC re-release was a surprise, and now the Switch version is finally coming. (License owner / series continuer Crim also put out a PS4/Vita spiritual successor called The Lost Child, though it's not a sequel and not the same gameplay. Crim also has a new upcoming roguelike game called Starnaut, though there seems to be no connection other than that it has a bold graphic style.)(Odd that El Shaddai hasn't come to PS4/5, IMO, but Switch is a smart destination.) The original publisher/developer company Ignition is long since dead, but somehow the creators secured its future.

tommib

Strange that this game of all "hidden gem" games from that era keeps getting another chance. The PC re-release was a surprise, and now the Switch version is finally coming. (License owner / series continuer Crim also put out a PS4/Vita spiritual successor called The Lost Child, though it's not a sequel and not the same gameplay. Crim also has a new upcoming roguelike game called Starnaut, though there seems to be no connection other than that it has a bold graphic style.)(Odd that El Shaddai hasn't come to PS4/5, IMO, but Switch is a smart destination.) The original publisher/developer company Ignition is long since dead, but somehow the creators secured its future.
Hm, didn’t know about the lost child. It’s not on PSN. Will try to find it on the eShop.

CamHostage

Hm, didn’t know about the lost child. It’s not on PSN. Will try to find it on the eShop.

It's a very different game, and only connected to the world (or maybe even the "lore"?) of El Shaddai; more of a dungeon crawler RPG / chat adventure game.

Starnaut might be more El Shaddai fans' speed, if the turn-based play of Lost Child doesn't work (whether or not you can find it.) It's different gameplay again from either (and I'm not sure if there's any lore connection) but it has some visual hallmarks and some intriguing play ideas. Coming Feb to Steam Early Access.

Last edited:

F31 Leopard

Nice! Definitely picking this up as enjoyed the original. I like the fact more games from my favorite gen (PS360) are being ported to the Switch.

Last edited:

Kadve

Nice to bad the game is the epitome of style over substance though. Strip away the surreal graphics and your left without a repetitive and confusing mess of a game even when you are familiar with the Book of Enoch.

Barakov

Gold Member
Remember enjoying this game back in the day. I'll probably get this since the PC version seems pretty finicky to run on newer systems.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Let's unite our brains so that this objective is met by attracting thoughts. 🧠🧠

7ad4ad3b3740316712354f95a73262f2bb29dd5e.png

ae6ff0cdadfa161e62292b67668660267412e199.png

Next target... Haunting ground on NIntendo Switch.
f9579dd1a408f2fcb03773bb254de832a38c0d28.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom