• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone got a review for Batman?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Really fucking bad.

Bad:

Animation
Load times
Fighting
"puzzles?"
Interrogation

Good:

movie scenes? who cares?

They have this fear and respect o meter thing which is basically "target something and throw a batarang at it" or "sneak behind someone using the stealth stance (which is really just a crouch)"

The game is just bad. I haven't played catwoman but i bet its alot like this.

I've been calling it "Sam Fisher-Price".

It's a decent action game, but way too much hand holding for my tastes. Not much in the way letting you solve problems, everything is laid out for you and tells you exactly what to do and when to do it. Even combat is heavily scripted -- you can jump in the air, hit a button and a mini-cutscene plays of Batman taking out a thug.

It does everything short of giving you an "I win" button.

siege

Banned
TheTurtleTitan said:
What was all of this "Best Batman game ever" stuff I read in the "Who has Batman Begins" thread?

All of one person claimed it was the best Batman game and even then, that's not saying much, considering there hasn't been a good Batman game in 15 years.

ManaByte

Gold Member
siege said:
All of one person claimed it was the best Batman game and even then, that's not saying much, considering there hasn't been a good Batman game in 15 years.

Yup. Hasn't been a good Batman game since the 16-bit era.

Sagitario

What about the Ubisoft ones?

916320b.jpg

gc25.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Batman Vengence, avoid like the plaque

Batman Rise of the Shitzu, not terrible, not great, a painfully average beatemup

StarscreamLSU said:
It's a decent action game, but way too much hand holding for my tastes. Not much in the way letting you solve problems, everything is laid out for you and tells you exactly what to do and when to do it. Even combat is heavily scripted -- you can jump in the air, hit a button and a mini-cutscene plays of [Kratos] rippings arms off of an [enemy].

It does everything short of giving you an "I win" button.

Ah... like God of War.... :lol :lol

Dammit, sorry. Couldn't resist. The urge is !explosivo! I tells ya.

Top Bottom