• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone remember Video and Arcade top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on it once, I came in 3rd playing BattleClash on SNES

I only lost because I was a lot shorter and younger then everyone else I played against so I couldn't aim too well :(

My cousin got to play A Link to the Past, if I had gotten to play that game for sure I would have won seeing as how I had already beaten that game before :p

Any other V&A alumni here?

Jim Bowie

I was on Double Dare once. My mom and dad had to chug a milkshake or else the loser got a pie to the face. My mom lost and subsequently ate pie.

This is a bold move, but I think I'm the only person on the GAF that has hugged Marc Summers. Any challengers?

Shinobi

That show had a ridiculously hot looking brunette back in 95 or 96...just drop dead gorgeous. It's always cracked me up seeing the line of babes that have gone through that show, where the games are being played by a bunch of pre-teen boys.

Shinobi said:
That show had a ridiculously hot looking brunette back in 95 or 96...just drop dead gorgeous. It's always cracked me up seeing the line of babes that have gone through that show, where the games are being played by a bunch of pre-teen boys.

One of the really hot chicks liked the colour of my hair :eek:

Nos_G

Well the show has pretty much degraded into a babysitting gig, where parents drop off their kids for a half hour. Hope that clarifies it for ya. ;)

With that being said, Nicholas Picholas is clearly a robot!! The man has not changed since the show started!!!

Haha

When I was on it there were only a few people in the audience, they never showed the audience at all

It was basically families of the contestants

So no babysitting lol

Alucard

Banned
I was ON that show. I won too. We were playing Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Woo. And I won some crappy Don Cherry Rock 'Em Sock 'Em tapes in that "pick the ball from the garbage can" game afterward. One of the chicks was pretty hot too. Woo-woo. The actual studio was a dump though.

LakeEarth

The show is still on, with that Nick Pick guy still the host. I haven't watched it, but I remember them still playing early N64 games well into the time of Gamecube (not to say it was an old repeat, they were actually playing an old ass game on a new show for no reason).

Fifty

Nos_G said:
Nicholas Picholas is clearly a robot!! The man has not changed since the show started!!!

Dear god, that man is still on the show?!!?!

Where is this shot, anyway?

Alucard

Banned
When I was on the show (about 8 years ago) I remember him coming into the studio early in the morning with a big cup of coffee and a full beard...then shaving before the show started. You're actually there for 2-3 hours and they film about 3 shows in one day. The time you get to actually play the games is like 20 minutes to a half hour.

Nos_G

Now that I think about it... Nicholas Picholas is clearly bankrolling that show from his wage from that radio station..

C'mon, where else could you get away with having a KFC meal as the grand prize?!!?!

Also, the other hosts get changed, BUT NOT HIM!!

Fifty

Nos_G said:
C'mon, where else could you get away with having a KFC meal as the grand prize?!!?!

Is that true?

Man, I've got to watch the show. When is it on, and what channel?

Nos_G

It is on at YTV... during Saturday... or something at 12:00 or 12:30...

I'm not too sure on that though... I'm always still half asleep during those times.

I was on an offshoot of Starcade called "The Video Game"

won a dope little Casio tape deck/stereo/keyboard (!), but choked in the final round :(

I tried to get a tape of it from the people who made the show, but they're saying the fucking thing was destroyed in a fire! Good thing, I guess, giving internet folk information like that leads to embarrasing photoshops in the future... :/

shuri

Banned
I loved that show back in the nes days. It was the only way to get infos on new games outside of nintendo power. Me and my friends would talk about the show during lunch times. I watched the show every week back in the nes days.

Remember when they did the tournament? The final game was SF2. I remember that one of the player raped the other one with Chun Li

I stopped watching the show when they started covering n64 stuff. They were playing gbc games all the time for a while, then the show kinda went to shit.

I remember thinking how cool the hosts looked, and how HOT the girls were. They seriously had some babes back then.

Who remembers the letter time song?

It's leeeeeeeeeetttter time.. its lettteeer
sit back and relax, its lettttttttttter time

shuri said:
I loved that show back in the nes days. It was the only way to get infos on new games outside of nintendo power. Me and my friends would talk about the show during lunch times. I watched the show every week back in the nes days.

Remember when they did the tournament? The final game was SF2. I remember that one of the player raped the other one with Chun Li

I stopped watching the show when they started covering n64 stuff. They were playing gbc games all the time for a while, then the show kinda went to shit.

I remember thinking how cool the hosts looked, and how HOT the girls were. They seriously had some babes back then.

Who remembers the letter time song?

It's leeeeeeeeeetttter time.. its lettteeer
sit back and relax, its lettttttttttter time

The guy that one the show I was on made it far in that tournament lol

Shinobi

Alucard said:
FAR from being the worst videogame show ever. Don't any of you remember GAME NATION?

Hell, there were new episodes for that as late as 2002/2003 (maybe even this year, haven't looked out for new shows. They seem to shut it down for a year, then it shows up on some other channel. It's one of the great survival stories in the history of television.

Shinobi

Alucard said:
I just never really knew is all. :) For some reason I think of you, Adelgary, and Suerte in the same grouping.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i once saw someone i knew win a really crappy SNES game (Seaquest DSV iirc) because he was the audience partner or something

shuri

Banned
For a while the gifts were really cool. Then they ran out of budget, and the gifts became crap like 10$ off a pizza (i remember that in a show in the n64 days)

In the NES/SNES days, the winner would get copies of all the games played in the show, in the nes days, a fucking new nes!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
anyone remember the game where at the end of the show you had like 2 minutes to run around a store with a velcro suit on and attach as many games as you could to yourself ? that show was the bomb!

Dyne

shuri said:
For a while the gifts were really cool. Then they ran out of budget, and the gifts became crap like 10$ off a pizza (i remember that in a show in the n64 days)

In the NES/SNES days, the winner would get copies of all the games played in the show, in the nes days, a fucking new nes!

You've won.. the ELVIS HEAD OH YAY

I still remember the look on the kid's face. :D

Yeah, the prizes started to suck. Oh yeah, who else has seen someone draw the red ball? I've only seen it once. And when the kid won he couldn't pick any of the prizes because they were so lame.

DJ_Tet

Banned
DopeyFish said:
anyone remember the game where at the end of the show you had like 2 minutes to run around a store with a velcro suit on and attach as many games as you could to yourself ? that show was the bomb!

That's the only video game show I remember. Well that one and the one on Nick where the kids were "characters" in fake videogames and played real ones (Neo Geo often) for like 2 min. I think they actually asked trivia questions, played real games, then ran the kids through computer generated graphics games at the end. It looked horrible and I hated both shows actually. But I actually watched the one with the cool payoff (i.e. the one with JD Roth? where the kids ran through the obsticle course and got to keep their haul).

Azih

Saturnman said:
Probably the worst video game show on TV. Ever.
Heck no. Does anybody remember the abortion of a video game show called Gamerz on YTV? It was near the end of my YTV watching days. Sometimes I'm flipping past the channel and I see it on reruns and I still get enraged. SO. DAMN. BAD.

shuri

Banned
For the canadian, who remembers the tv show that used to be on Global (?) when they first started? It was some sort of philipono guy in a basement (well it looked like it) and he was talking about videogames.

I remember when he reviewed FF7 or FF8. I cant remember.

Saturnman

Banned
BigJonsson said:
You are so dead

Because I think a show with little kids winning pitiful prizes for playing the few Nintendo games coming out every month? During the N64 era, it was the most painful to watch, like a dog in pain waiting to be shot. :)

Fjord

Hey I was watching that episode when someone got a don cherry VHS! Anyone remember this awesome video game show, it was two guys, one was pretty obese and they were sponsored by Sobe or something? It was absolutely hilarious, it was on some public or university station.

Kefkaff

Banned
Heck no. Does anybody remember the abortion of a video game show called Gamerz on YTV? It was near the end of my YTV watching days. Sometimes I'm flipping past the channel and I see it on reruns and I still get enraged. SO. DAMN. BAD.

2:15 AM on Sunday Nights. :-\. God what an awful show.

I don't watch that Video and Arcade Top 10 shit. Christ, the kids are like 10, and the prizes they get are quite shit.

Fjord

It wouldn't be so bad if every show was a rerun, seriously I dont' think I've ever watched an episode where they were using a current console.

beerbelly

Banned
I used to watch this show every Saturday...before they replayed several N64 games on different shows, and when they started to become more stingy on the prizes (one game for the winner as opposed to all the games played on that episode + cheap bonus prizes). They used to be Nintendo exclusive, but now I think they play Playstation2 games too.

FightyF

Banned
Yeah...V&AT10 :)P) was pretty good in the SNES days, because there were many SNES games to play. But during the N64 days...ahahaahh what a joke.

GameNation was pretty good IMO. I liked it.

DopeyFish, I remember that show...wasn't there a guy names Johnny Arcade and he sat on this throne? Something like that.

The absolute worst show is GaMerZ on YTV. With that one Phil guy as host and that other girl who wore a wig. They even reviewed Castlevania for the DC (which was never released) and it got a 5 out of 5. :rolleyes:

Shinobi

Fight for Freeform said:
They even reviewed Castlevania for the DC (which was never released) and it got a 5 out of 5. :rolleyes:

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
That was hilarious...and yet, how do we know that this sort of shit hasn't gone on with magazines? It isn't like we see anyone play these games. But yeah, shit like that just gave me less reason to trust reviews.

That girl BTW was hot as hell, even if she was a ditz...always wished I could've run into her at Playdium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom