• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Adds Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Controller to its Online Store

CyberPanda

Banned
Apple has added the Xbox Wireless Controller to Apple.com, although the accessory is currently unavailable to purchase at the time of writing. Apple sells a few different gaming controllers on its website to connect to iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS devices, but as of yet the company has never directly sold Microsoft or Sony's own gaming controllers.

xbox-apple-store.jpg

Now that players can connect the Xbox Wireless Controller to their iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV to play games on Apple devices, it appears that Apple has worked out a deal with Microsoft to sell its controller on the Apple store. As of now, Sony's DualShock 4 has not appeared on Apple.com.

It’s not just a controller. It’s your enemy-slaying sword, your pitcher’s golden arm, your salvation from lava.

Play Apple Arcade games with your favorite controller. Here’s how to pair an Xbox Wireless Controller with your Apple TV, iPad, or iPhone: https://t.co/RkPSovE7uq pic.twitter.com/LvDNOeaxNX
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) October 5, 2019

Thanks to apps like Sony's PS4 Remote Play, even more gaming options have opened up for iPhone users, who can use the app to remotely control and play compatible games from their PS4 on their iPhone or iPad. Microsoft is planning to launch a streaming app of its own to allow mobile users to connect to their Xbox One consoles.

As a note, these controllers are typically cheaper than the traditional $60 price tags. Right now, you can get the Xbox Wireless Controller for $43.99 at Best Buy or $49.99 at Target.

DrNeroCF

Still hoping for Switch Pro controller support (best controller right now fight me).

Took them way too long to open up support for non-mFi controllers, but at least all the bindings in apps are consistent.

Now we just need Parsec on iOS and we'll be good.

Ds4 dpad shits all over the Xbox dpad (even my elites 2 dpads) With so many 2d games on arcade, I’ve opted to use the old DS4.

Vitacat

Ds4 dpad shits all over the Xbox dpad (even my elites 2 dpads) With so many 2d games on arcade, I’ve opted to use the old DS4.
True. the ps4 dpad is easier to press and overall more responsive. But, otherwise I still prefer the xbone pad. It's nice to be able to use either one.

As for Apple allowing people to easily sync gamepads from Microsoft and Sony... well, it's pretty damn cool. Credit where it's due, well done Apple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom