• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has launched the Arctic Camo Special Edition Xbox Series X/S controller and console skin

Draugoth

Gold Member
Camo-wrap-15eaff7faef0b6c5ca17.jpg

FrontBack_RGB_Retail-713982a456a69ef13fa5.jpg

The Xbox Wireless Controller – Arctic Camo Special Edition is available today in all Xbox markets worldwide for $69.99 USD ERP. Consider pairing your new Arctic Camo controller with the Arctic Camo Xbox Series X Console Wrap to complete your style, only available in United States and Canda at the Microsoft Store. Visit Xbox.com or your local retailer, including Microsoft Store, for more information.​

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean they quantifiably release more controller variants than they do games.

They released a total of 9 controller variants in 2023.

No ones going to say that Microsoft had 9 or more exclusive games in 2023.

Yes, but do you see how dumb that sounds? Between 2023 and '24 they'd have put out 7, 8 first party developed games.

Doing a linear comparison with design lab controllers is about as dumb as saying that Sony have quantifiably put out 0 games in the year that they're launching a new console in.

🤷‍♂️

Esppiral

How many first party games has released Sony in th las 12 months?.....

BlackTron

Meh. When N64 came out, it already had like 6 controller colors and 2 games on day 1

fatmarco

Yes, but do you see how dumb that sounds? Between 2023 and '24 they'd have put out 7, 8 first party developed games.

Doing a linear comparison with design lab controllers is about as dumb as saying that Sony have quantifiably put out 0 games in the year that they're launching a new console in.

🤷‍♂️
Yeah, fair enough, but the dynamic / context for Playstation as a brand isn't the same. The fact that Sony is launching a Pro console without an exclusive is testament to that difference in context because they've been steamrolling the entire generation.

In contrast, Xbox has been struggling incredibly hard for years and are dead last, and their controller variants have now become a meme because they stand in contrast (because they're actually cool and consistent) to the disaster that Xbox's first party output and overall management has become.

I like Xbox controller variants, but it does irritate (and obviously irritates others) seeing them announce them at the precise points in time where the brand/community really needs genuinely good/ hopeful news relating to exclusive first party titles.

Top Bottom