• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc the Lad Generation (PS2)

john tv

Was this announced yet? It's in the new issue of V-Jump (pics and a few basic details). Looks like an all-new game, as opposed to some kind of remake or anthology.

jiggle

john tv said:
Was this announced yet? It's in the new issue of V-Jump (pics and a few basic details). Looks like an all-new game, as opposed to some kind of remake or anthology.

We'll need scans or photos please.:)

Could this be the online Arc game?

Shouta

III rox, 4 was a nice fluffy title that you could couple with something else that was meatier.

WE NEED SCANS RAWR!

(P.S. Darien sux)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Shouta said:
III rox, 4 was a nice fluffy title that you could couple with something else that was meatier.

WE NEED SCANS RAWR!

(P.S. Darien sux)

Only on me missus' teets thank you.

john tv

gaf-arc.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
Characters don't look as horribly generic as they do in the last four games, but can someone PLEASE tell the character designer that they're not Tetsuya Nomura and should just lay off the "modern" clothes if they can't do it properly?

Shouta

Actually, the clothes design looks in line with that of the previous games. =b

Wish the text was bigger so I could read it but oh well.

Nice to see a Hemoji =o.

Tenguman

Having got a PS2, I want to explore some of the PSOne RPGs I've missed. Would it be a good idea to pick up the Arc the Lad collection (i think it has 1, 2, and 3)?

The Arc the Lad series seem to be hit or miss on these boards...

belgurdo

Banned
Tenguman said:
Having got a PS2, I want to explore some of the PSOne RPGs I've missed. Would it be a good idea to pick up the Arc the Lad collection (i think it has 1, 2, and 3)?

The Arc the Lad series seem to be hit or miss on these boards...

Don't pay over $35 for it (the entire series is pretty B-list, which is likely why Sony passed on them at the beginning)

The first two Arcs kick ass. Haven't even touched the third one yet but I hear it sucks. They play a lot like Shining Force without switching to a battle animation screen.

That one character looks like a character from the Thumb movies(Thumb Wars, Thumbtanic).

The 3rd one really isn't terrible. It's just the 2 is just so good that it was basically impossible for 3 to follow up on it. But 3 was pretty good and had a decent story.

I do hope it's more along the lines of the 2nd one though. One of my favorite games of last generation, and one of the very few SRPG's that I actually enjoyed.

Generations looks really good so far. The character models look similar to the ones in Arc 4, but the art direction is much better.

I wonder what happened to Arc Online? It was suppose to be an online ARPG.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Character designs dont look quite as bad as the last game but still dont look good.

My only problem with the last game was that the world just seemed so freakin small. You'd go to what are supposed to be these big cities and see like one or two blocks and be able to go into like 4 houses. Oh yeah and the ugly ass character designs haha.

Shouta

People were dissapointed with Arc 3 because they thought it would continue the story from Arc 2 which it didn't. It's actually a really well-paced game with a decent story and fun characters. It had tons of stuff to do as well which totally rapes Arc 2 in the gameplay department. The only reason it's looked down upon is the fanboy goggles coming off Arc 2 =b.

aparisi2274

man, I kinda miss the overhead top down view. I hope this version is good. I didnt like Twlight. I played it for a few hours, and was uninspired.

MoxManiac said:
Who the fuck is the guy that looks like a giant egg?
So you know nothing about ARC THE LAD.
There is a special race in the ARC THE LAD universe. The "Hemo Ji". They can transform you into a hemo ji. I love them. Final Fantasy got the Moogles or Chocobos, Arc the Lad got the Hemo Jis and The Hunters (job).

Graphics and style are awesome and the charas too. I love it.
What about the developer?? Any news?

kevm3

I liked all the Arc the Lads on psx... One was short and sweet. Two improved on every area that needed improving on, and three was a very solid game.

john tv

MoxManiac said:
Guess I don't. Finished Arc 1, and got partway through Arc 2 before losing interest.

Ditto. I don't understand why people are so into that game... the story is boring, the gameplay is too fluffy, the character designs are ass-ugly... and it came out like 10 years too late.

Top Bottom