• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the hell is Giant Sparrow?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Their last game (What Remains of Edith Finch) came out 7 years ago and we haven't heard a peep since.

WRoEF is one of my favorite games of all-time, so I can't wait to see what they come out with next, but it's kind of concerning that it's been 7 years and we haven't even gotten a new game announcement yet.

Flabagast

it must be an empty shell now I guess.

Although they must have made enough money with Edith Finch to support a 10-y. dev time if they wish so

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Found this:

I have no idea when that page was created though.

Good find! They have some job listings as well, where they describe what they're going for with their new title:

Our new game is about interactions with urban wildlife so the prototypes will focus mostly on trying to create a sense of life with gameplay that feels fleshy, surprising, and strange. Like a scene where you're a ladybug crawling on a hand and player control switches back and forth between being the ladybug and being the hand. Or any of the scenes from this reference video we made but with more of a Jim Henson vibe.

Making gameplay that feels alive takes a lot of exploration so you'll need to be comfortable working on a mix of throwaway prototypes and tightly polished systems. In other words, sometimes you'll need to build things fast and sometimes you'll need to build them "right." Hopefully you can enjoy working in both styles.

Sounds intriguing and ambitious for a studio of their size, which would explain the long development time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom