• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony has two major games coming in end of 2024 (likely Astrobot and Silent Hill 2)

I don't get it...Sony just said they wouldn't have huge blockbuster sequels or known IPs...they never mentioned they didn't have games or exclusives or even big AAA titles...just that they won't be known IPs.

. Silent Hill 2
. Astrobot
. Concord
. Until Dawn Remake

All fit under that category and this would be more than enough for me. I haven't even started Rebirth or Rise...let alone the to be relased Stellar Blade. And this is only either PS exclusives or PS studios games.

This year is much better than last year for me as a PS5 user. I still don't get the PS4 had more games at this stage that some people like to talk about.

For 2025 we already know about Death Stranding 2 at least.

Klayzer

I don't get it...Sony just said they wouldn't have huge blockbuster sequels or known IPs...they never mentioned they didn't have games or exclusives or even big AAA titles...just that they won't be known IPs.

. Silent Hill 2
. Astrobot
. Concord
. Until Dawn Remake

All fit under that category and this would be more than enough for me. I haven't even started Rebirth or Rise...let alone the to be relased Stellar Blade. And this is only either PS exclusives or PS studios games.

This year is much better than last year for me as a PS5 user. I still don't get the PS4 had more games at this stage that some people like to talk about.

For 2025 we already know about Death Stranding 2 at least.
Lots of salty posters, conviently trying to push that narrative. No matter how many times its been corrected.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont have much confidence with SH2 Remake based latest trailer and I only care about new Astrobot if its not PVR game.

Honestly THANK GOD to 3rd party Asian games .....I honestly cant think of any western games I should look forward for this year or next year.

Last edited:
A cute platforming sequel to a PS4 demo that showcased controller features and remake to a beloved horror game being made by a subpar studio with a horrible track-record are Sony's heavy-hitters for the rest of 2024?

Tonight Show Seriously GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You mad bro?

AstroBot will probably be one of the best games this gen

Perrott

Gold Member
The leaker said second half of the year, not Q2.

They are also unannounced titles, so Astro-Bot (the one that's gonna be well-received) and the Horizon: Zero Dawn remake, perhaps? In addition to already announced titles such as Concord and Until Dawn, as well as third-party exclusives like Silent Hill 2.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
The leaker said second half of the year, not Q2.

They are also unannounced titles, so Astro-Bot (the one that's gonna be well-received) and the Horizon: Zero Dawn remake, perhaps? In addition to already announced titles such as Concord and Until Dawn, as well as third-party exclusives such as Silent Hill 2.
I still think that one is just a $10 upgrade, lol.
Anyway, remasters of Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn (remember early 2017?), an Until Dawn remake, Concord, and high chances of Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside and Astro Bot.
I think we figured out the rest of their year, with maybe some other surprises. I would love a No Heroes Allowed game for PS5, for example.
PS5 Pro isn't releasing until November, and power showcases will start next year with Death Stranding 2.

Careful there. Any dissenting opinions about Sony's upcoming 2024 lineup will get you in trouble around these parts. Just nod your head in agreement and move on friend.

Most Sony fans would admit that the second half is a light year for them but Astro has the possibility of being the best platformer of this gen. And their first half of 2024 has been amazing

A “kid’s game” that’s about 1000x better than the poster you’re quoting’s 2023 GOTY “contender”….sounds exciting to me?

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I still think that one is just a $10 upgrade, lol.
Anyway, remasters of Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn (remember early 2017?), an Until Dawn remake, Concord, and high chances of Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside and Astro Bot.
I think we figured out the rest of their year, with maybe some other surprises. I would love a No Heroes Allowed game for PS5, for example.
PS5 Pro isn't releasing until November, and power showcases will start next year with Death Stranding 2.
I'm very confident in that we're in front of a The Last Of Us Part I type of release, that's actually intended to serve a similar purpose in Guerrilla's schedule as well as in relation to the upcoming Horizon Netflix show. It's also going to have been in development for over three years if it hits later this year, per the XDEV document, which would certainly be overkill for an effortless remaster such as the $10 upgrade ones that Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and The Last Of Us Part II have received so far.

nial

Gold Member
I'm very confident in that we're in front of a The Last Of Us Part I type of release, that's actually intended to serve a similar purpose in Guerrilla's schedule as well as in relation to the upcoming Horizon Netflix show. It's also going to have been in development for over three years if it hits later this year, per the XDEV document, which would certainly be overkill for an effortless remaster such as the $10 upgrade ones that Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and The Last Of Us Part II have received so far.
My main take is that they were holding it off until the Netflix series, but I guess we will see.

Astrobot never grabbed me in either VR (maybe my general meh reaction to VR in general despite owning PSVR) or the PS5 game. I need to give the PS5 version more time. I was under the impression it was a short tech demo?

I never played SH2 so I’m looking forward to the Remake. I hope it ends up at least serviceable.

Killjoy-NL

A cute platforming sequel to a PS4 demo that showcased controller features and remake to a beloved horror game being made by a subpar studio with a horrible track-record are Sony's heavy-hitters for the rest of 2024?

Tonight Show Seriously GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
You honestly think that Sony would consider those two titles as major titles?

Also, if this is for Q2, there's still the rest of the year.

I will be waiting for the May Showcase to see the exact lineup of titles we can expect from Sony and third-party partners for the second half of the year and beyond.

Having said that, I am really looking forward to a new Astro Bot game since I loved Astro's Playroom, and it was the first platinum I achieved on PS5.

nial

Gold Member
You honestly think that Sony would consider those two titles as major titles?

Also, if this is for Q2, there's still the rest of the year.
Concord and Astro Bot it is. Kinda like the Driveclub/LBP3 combo in 2014, or Uncharted/R&C Tools of Destruction in 2007. Or PS4 launch with Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack (this one is actually very similar, lol).

Killjoy-NL

Concord and Astro Bot it is. Kinda like the Driveclub/LBP3 combo in 2014, or Uncharted/R&C Tools of Destruction in 2007. Or PS4 launch with Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack (this one is actually very similar, lol).

Concord will likely be the major title they will release towards the end of the year.

Astrobot and Silent Hill 2 aren't major titles.

All Sony's major titles will release during the second half of this gen, which we just reached.
It'll probably be similar to PS3 in that regard.

Last edited:
Astrobot getting a fully fledged game is what the PS series needed tbh, a new family friendly mascot has arrived

Silent hill 2, was amazing when I got it at release and I hope it lives up to the expectation!

Only 2 games in a quarter seems low, but then if we got 8 first party games a year we’d be celebrating, so I hope it’s something pushing forward

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
"Major": a fucking platformer for kids and a botched remake.

To be fair Sony did warned that there would not be any massive 1st party games this year. So B tier efforts is considered major under this context.

GymWolf

So a probably bad remake from fucking bloopers and a sequel of a game that is mostly famous for being the best dildosense5 gimmick demo?

Neat.

Astrobot never grabbed me in either VR (maybe my general meh reaction to VR in general despite owning PSVR) or the PS5 game. I need to give the PS5 version more time. I was under the impression it was a short tech demo?

I never played SH2 so I’m looking forward to the Remake. I hope it ends up at least serviceable.
Yes, tech demo or not it's a very fun short game.

So a third-party timed exclusive and a minor AA first-party game? So exciting.

I guess TYYD remake and Elden Ring DLC may really be it for me this year. Dang

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Careful there. Any dissenting opinions about Sony's upcoming 2024 lineup will get you in trouble around these parts. Just nod your head in agreement and move on friend.

Been here for over 15 years and criticize both Sony and Microsoft when merited, which is quite often recently.

Childish trolling to spark the kids into a console war is not the same thing.

Topher

Gold Member

I've posted plenty of dissenting opinions about Sony's lineup and I'm doing just fine. Could not care less about anything Blooper makes, but plenty of folks have been asking for more Astro since PS5 launched with that awesome game. That's defintely exciting news.

Did you play Astro's Playroom?

Top Bottom