• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we seriously gonna start taking bullshit rumors from Dusk Golem now!? (Jim Ryan has a few words to say)

Listen, I've been trying to enjoy my weekend vacation these past two weeks and all I keep seeing on the front page are bullshit rumors from a bullshit artist. Granted, it started out as inconsequential rumors but today was the final nail in the coffin:
Basically, some of the most disingenuous members of this forum started a fire out of a fart, not a smoke. This is beyond pathetic and I can't seem to fathom how anyone with a rational mind would believe such a bullshit rumor.

Apparently, some members believe this was justified retaliation over the 'Halo Infinite Craig Backlash' and somehow, that makes it okay to post and push this false narrative of the PS5 not being able to handle 1080p/60FPS next-gen games.

It is utterly ridiculous to support these kind of rumors, especially from a prolific bullshit artist like Dusk Golem. I spoke to Jim about this during the Yatch party and he said if GAF does not stop these false shenanigans, he will make sure Spider-Man will never ever swing across Manhattan on an Xbox Console until the day he passes away.

Tread lightly, GAF.

brap

Banned
Never forgetti he replaced all of his posts with this
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

JLMC469

Banned
Listen, I've been trying to enjoy my weekend vacation these past two weeks and all I keep seeing on the front page are bullshit rumors from a bullshit artist. Granted, it started out as inconsequential rumors but today was the final nail in the coffin:
he will make sure Spider-Man will never ever swing across Manhattan on an Xbox Console until the day he passes away.

To be fair, watching the Twilight movies will taking a shit upside down is more entertaining than playing Insomniacs game.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Be careful, you dropped that:

sel-Fotolia_30817471_S.jpg

I just swap out everytime "RE8" is mentioned in this thread with "Halo: Infinite." That tells me where to land on this one.

Literally the worst comparison to make because unlike RE:8, Halo Infinite gameplay was already shown to the public.

Dusk Golem has not provided any shred of evidence besides tales from his own ass.

Dusk Golem has always been full of shit, even back when he was a member here. The fact that his 'rumors' have been floating around the past few months with zero credence is weird, but I guess people want to believe what they want to believe... even if its complete bullshit.
That's why today was the final nail in the coffin.

Basically, some of the most disingenuous members of this forum started a fire out of a fart, not a smoke. This is beyond pathetic and I can't seem to fathom how anyone with a rational mind would believe such a bullshit rumor.

Apparently, some members believe this was justified retaliation over the 'Halo Infinite Craig Backlash' and somehow, that makes it okay to post and push this false narrative of the PS5 not being able to handle 1080p/60FPS next-gen games.

It is utterly ridiculous to support these kind of rumors, especially from a prolific bullshit artist like Dusk Golem. I spoke to Jim about this during the Yatch party and he said if GAF does not stop these false shenanigans, he will make sure Spider-Man will never ever swing across Manhattan on an Xbox Console until the day he passes away.

Tread lightly, GAF.
Lol imagine saying this after the forum was flooded with twitter posts threads about PS5 praise & shitting on anything Ms/Xbox.

Literally the worst comparison to make because unlike RE:8, Halo Infinite gameplay was already shown to the public.

Dusk Golem has not provided any shred of evidence besides tales from his own ass.
RE8 was also shown with a bad framerate.

I just am honestly surprised you're that upset about this. I just view all these threads as entertainment. I threw out a few Halo memes and had fun.

All people have to do is just wait. There's no reason to get any of these systems this year. There's no reason to pre-order RE8. We'll all be able to see the entire game for free online and Digital Foundry will meticulously analyze it and explain any possible differences. Just play something in your backlog and enjoy the hype threads.

As someone who doesn’t keep up to date with the hit-rate of insiders, is there a particular example of why he should be believed/disbelieved? Only thing I’ve seen so far was that he was apparently correct in a leak he did a few months back about the existence of RE Village.

RE8 was also shown with a bad framerate.
That has nothing to do with the PS5 though. That trailer was clearly rushed out of the gate to meet the deadline for the event.

I'm upset that bullshit rumors are causing console warring to reach a new low by fighting over a clearly madeup bullshit rumor.

GAF can do better.

Fushitsusha

Banned
The same game that was running on the PS4 Pro perfectly until recently... this is a non-issue. It will be optimized closer to release. Standard fare, but retards don't know better.

Last edited:

yurinka

Basically everything he mentioned in his SFVI rumor is wrong. He tried to backpedal saying now that Ono wasn't the SFVI director, but instead the producer and was doing director tasks. He's wrong again, Ono wasn't the producer, the producer was other guy. Ono was an executive producer.

Regarding RE8, to say PS5 will run it at 1080p/60fps is laughable. It's 99% likely that it will run at 4K, probably with a native resolution of 1440p or so, if it isn't capable of getting native 4K.

Basically everything he mentioned in his SFVI rumor is wrong. He tried to backpedal saying now that Ono wasn't the SFVI director, but instead the producer and was doing director tasks. He's wrong again, Ono wasn't the producer, the producer was other guy. Ono was an executive producer.

Regarding RE8, to say PS5 will run it at 1080p/60fps is laughable. It's 99% likely that it will run at 4K, probably with a native resolution of 1440p or so, if it isn't capable of getting native 4K.
#DuskGolemIsOverParty

.Pennywise

Banned
Dude's been talking about an exclusive PS5 Silent Hill reimagination and everybody's sucking his cock (without ANY evidence). Dude talks possible PS5 performance problem in development of a game he leaked well before its presentation and you throw him to the sharks LMAO.

Sony fanboys dude... Sony fanboys... oof.

Dude's been talking about an exclusive PS5 Silent Hill reimagination and everybody's sucking his cock (without ANY evidence). Dude talks possible PS5 performance problem in development of a game he leaked well before its presentation and you throw him to the sharks LMAO.

Ummm, the Silent Hill rumors came from Eurogamer and Reddit first.

DavidGzz

Why is Reddit a better source than a leaker who has been accurate in the past? It's like the guy I was talking to yesterday who swore XSS isn't a reality cause there were no leaks. Lo and behold the leaked controller today. Lol

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Tread lightly, GAF.
That Spider-man sentence 😂

MiguelItUp

The console wars engine is already revving so damn hard. I think people are frothing at the mouth wanting to say how much better their favored system will be, and how much the other sucks. It's like people are just sponging up what they can and treating it like it's factual, lol. It should all be taken with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I wouldn't doubt the rumors about RE8 but I also wouldn't worry. We know it's an engine or Capcom studio issue if there's a problem hitting 1080P 60FPS on PS5

The game looks crossgen

I didn't give a shit about a Silent Hill reboot, I don't know why Sony would spend the money on that anyway if they are already doing a Demon's Souls remake, how many horror themed games do they need? Silent Hill is only moderately popular anyway isn't it?

Zannegan

What kind of baller ass shit is it that Sony controls whether Spiderman appears in a fucking video game now?
They licensed the character's movie rights before Marvel got its act together with Iron Man (and along with X-men helped reignite the superhero movie craze). They've used it to get exclusive content for their platform before, like an exclusive character in the Spiderman 3 game I think. This is the first time Spidey himself has been exclusive as far as I know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom