• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you getting early access for Starfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the premium edition even though I have GP, and so I'm doing early access.
Over 1 million people paid for early access on Forza Horizon 5, and there will be far more who will be getting Starfield early access.

Say that it's just the one million like FH5, at an average of GP early access upgrade and the two premium editions, MS will bank over 80 million before the game is even released.
Not bad if you can get it.

Are you going early?

reinking

Gold Member
Probably not. I have Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 sitting here that I have barely played. I will give Starfield a spin on Game Pass.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Were is the poll? But no, since I don't like those practice I don't encourage them even if I can't wait to play.
Pre ordered the standard edition.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was waffling between doing the Premium Upgrade on GP PC for $32 or buying the full Premium version for Steam. Decided on the Steam Premium version since it was on sale at Fanatical for $83. I figure it will be better for mods. Fanatical is a more mainstream store like GreenManGaming, so hopefully it will be ready on time for the start of early access.

L*][*N*K

Banned
No, I can wait six days, I don’t like to encourage this early access thing even though it looks like it is here to stay

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

No lol, I have the privilege to control my schedule so I don't need to have it on the weekend, if it releases on a wednesday I can start my weekend then and play all I want.

It's kinda evil they put the early access on a friday so all the people that can only play on the weekend get FOMO lol.

Last edited:

Fredrik

It's kinda evil they put the early access on a friday so all the people that can only play on the weekend get FOMO lol.
Oh I didn’t even realize it was on a friday, cool! Suits me perfectly, I always have the saturday morning off from family duties, gonna clock in some serious hours at the first two sessions 😁

I'm trying to finish up BG3, which is shaping up to be a monumental task.
Seth Meyers Lot GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Were is the poll? But no, since I don't like those practice I don't encourage them even if I can't wait to play.
Pre ordered the standard edition.
Im kinda with you on the whole pracitise, but when buying the premium edition, you are getting more than just early access. The way I am looking at it is I am buying the premium edition for DLC and shit, and getting early access thrown in.

Last edited:

T0minator

$17 + $36 ...2 months into Gamepass you've already paid the full price of Starfield and won't actually own it

Id rather just pay full price on launch day and own it. I get it's an option, but still I don't see how it's worth it to rent and pay extra for any game

EDMIX

Day negative 6 lol So yes.

Well it more so has to do with I don't really have a lot of time, with me being promoted in my job to manager and full time with school, its like I'm doing 50 plus hours of work and 20 or so hours of school (soon) a week for 6 classes, so I don't see me having the time to actually enjoy that launch, I'd rather play early so I can go HAM on my day off and sorta ground myself.

I usually like to continue a game I already started to play during school, then get introduced to all of it during school (if that makes any sense)

So I want to get my feet wet with it for those days and then when classes start, I've already got the meat of the game and can enjoy those little 2 hour chunks per day during the semester. So I just want to get the gameplay loop first.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I envy people who can get excited for this like previous Bethesda games. Last time for me was fallout4 with days off work and all. I can feel nothing anymore though. I might just be hollow

It’s not you. Despite how much I enjoyed Fallout 4, it wasn’t their finest work. Then we had the disaster that was Fallout 76 (yes, I know it was made by their B team but it was advertised by Todd himself) and I understand it might be hard to get excited.

Call it a gut feeling but I just know this will be that epic return to form. And if not, at the very least it will be Fallout 4 in space with much better shooting and way more role playing options. And that’s already pretty great.

Chukhopops

Over 1 million people paid for early access on Forza Horizon 5
Not exactly, the premium FH upgrade gave you a lot more than just early access. I bought it because I knew I’d play the expansions eventually.

Same reason I bought the Starfield upgrade, the early access is just a bonus. Every Bethesda game has had at least one god-tier DLC.

Mythoclast

I want to buy the Premium Upgrade from Amazon, does anyone know if they will email the early access code on Sep 1st? I wish I could buy retail but I don’t live in the US. Mostly interested in the steelbook, but EA would be nice. Amazon said they would email the code, but I don’t trust them lol. They probably think it’s a “preorder bonus” code, but I got a feeling that the EA code comes inside the steelbook.

Tarnpanzer

Nope, will wait for gamepass.

Currently 95h in Horizon : FW. -> I need a break from long open world games for a time now, so I wont play it on release.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I envy people who can get excited for this like previous Bethesda games. Last time for me was fallout4 with days off work and all. I can feel nothing anymore though. I might just be hollow
We all have different taste in games. You probably look forward to something else instead? FF7 Rebirth?

Tbh, all I’ve played from Bethesda’s Fallout is until the step-out moment of Fallout 3, and it did exactly nothing for me. Nada. Never played FO4 or New Vegas. I played Fallout 2 back in the day though, completely different game.

Meanwhile I’ve played several hundreds of hours of Oblivion and even more of Skyrim. Loving both more than any other RPG, the lore, exploration, living worlds, interactions.
And Starfield comes in awakening the sci-fi nerd in me, and it’s very much reminding me of No Man’s Sky, which is among my most played games, and Mass Effect, which is probably my all time favorite gaming trilogy.
The sum of all things just ends on a very good note for me.

I honestly struggle to find a game that had me as excited pre-release, don’t know what that would be.
Then again, since my expectations are sky high I expect to be somewhat disappointed because of that. But right now I’m just enjoying the anticipation, no holding back, feels great to finally look forward to something like crazy 🤗🤩🥳 Counting the days!

Rockondevil

I'd honestly love to if I knew what Shattered Space entailed and if it's worth $60 (AUD).

I can't justify that money for what? 5 extra days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom