• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARGH! Why does my computer keep freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Seems like whenever my computer tries to use the internet or when it opens a new connection.. The net will stop workign and whichever prgorams are using the internet will freeze. It happens all the time when I open up WinMX and do a search for a song. My Winmx will freeze then my MSN messenger will freeze and if i try to load up a webpage in IE it will freeze too. I try to close the WinMX program and it gives me the End Now dialog box and then the Send Error Report dialog box but te program never closes. Every time I press the X to close the program to try to End Task in the CTRL-ALT-DEL menu it gives me the End Now and the Send Error Report windows but the pgram never closes!

So I goto restart my computer in the start menu and nothing happens! All the programs stay open and the computer never restarts. I always have to press the Restart button which is physically on my computer.

Anyone know what my problem may be?

Yeah...get rid of it.

The new ZA has ALOT of issues which lead to freezing especially when it comes to file sharing programs.

Goto the ZA official forums and search for a thread which has the methods for a proper removal because alot of ZA crap stays in registry. So follow the instructions and reinstall it later on when they fix the bugs.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What version of ZA? I use it and have never had a problem like that.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I like the functionality of Zone Alarm.. what's another good firewall I can get that acts exactly like it. You know.. Like alerting me of connections and allowing me to choose what can be connected and what not. I need something with good security. Any suggestions?

Oh and.. real sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom