• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: I will be back in next 'Terminator' film

In Cameron we trust.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that he will be returning to the Terminator franchise and that a planned Twins sequel is set to go ahead soon.

Speaking to Screen in Cannes, where he is talking up new environmentally-focused documentary Wonders Of The Sea 3D with producer Francois Mantello [pictured right] and co-directors Jean-Michel Cousteau and Jean-Jacques Mantello, Schwarzenegger confirmed that he will star in a new Terminator film produced by James Cameron.

“It is back,” commented Schwarzenegger, who revealed that he had met Cameron recently and discussed the project. “It is moving forward. He [Cameron] has some good ideas of how to continue with the franchise,” the actor added, “I will be in the movie.”

He also said that a potential Conan reboot starring Schwarzenegger isn’t dead. “It’s being rewritten…the idea is to do it.”

Schwarzenegger also confirmed that the mooted Triplets project, the sequel to 1986 comedy Twins, could go into production this year.

“The script will be finished in a month”, he said, confirming that he would be starring alongside Danny DeVito and Eddie Murphy, and that original producer-director Ivan Reitman is involved in the project. “It’s just around the corner,” he said.

Schwarzenegger also weighed in on the Netflix debate, which continues to dominate chatter at the festival.

“They are a terrific company and they have done an extraordinary job,” he said, “They’re visionaries and they’ve rattled the cage a bit with the studios, that’s good. New ideas and new ways of showing movies is good. For us entertainers, it’s another way you can display yourself.”

He also teased a potential collaboration with Netflix in the future, “I’m looking forward to working [with Netflix]. Hopefully there will be something.”

Schwarzenegger is enjoying being in Cannes, making comments on the weather and the atmosphere of the festival. “I love being in France,” he said, adding that the French had done “a great job with the election of the president”.

As a result, he wasn’t too keen to be drawn on the subject of US president Donald Trump, with whom he has had a long-running war of words.

“I don’t make judgement on it when I’m on foreign soil,” he said, however he added that “one man cannot take us backwards” and that he thinks Trump is “misinformed”.

Schwarzenegger, who had a strong record on environmental policies as governor of California, says that the environment continues to be one of his highest priorities.

“We need to protect our oceans. Without the ocean we cannot live. This movie [Wonders Of The Sea 3D] is here to raise awareness. That’s basically what we’re trying to,” he added.

Nothing against him but at this point I wish they'd just move on.
And Twins came out in the 80s? I always thought it was a 90s film. Fuck, I'm old.

Also, that Netflix "debate" drives me mad. It's 2017, people.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You honestly think is a genuine reflection of Cameron's opinion of the movie, and not simply the result of a very large paycheck or the studio calling in a favour in exchange for granting him more allowances with Avatar?

If you think James Cameron is actually involved in this movie and isn't taking a producer credit for a very large paycheck then you're a putz.

Brewmont

Banned
So is this the first movie Cameron is involved in since T2? Cause that tidbit about him producing and having ideas, makes me okay with this.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I want him to run as a democrat or reformist and expose and push the GOP to reform. Don't think he can go any higher than senator.

Better use of old Arnie.

I don't give a shit about Terminator, but:

Schwarzenegger also confirmed that the mooted Triplets project, the sequel to 1986 comedy Twins, could go into production this year.

Needs to finally fucking happen. They announced this project years ago and everyone's getting too fucking old.

I want my Twins sequel, even if it ends up being garbo.

It's time to stop fucking around and hire Dwayne Johnson as the Terminator. His resume is Luke Hobbs.

4Rn2WCZ.gif

u5CkDob.gif

Pass the torch. T-800 model 102.

He alongside the new T-1000 were the only good thing from Genisys, so Arnold returning for a new Terminator would be fine with me.

That said, I'm still surprised talk of a sixth Terminator still keeps rising up from the grave after Genisys was a huge domestic bomba. Nevermind that Genisys was supposed to be a start of a new trilogy, but was so mediocre in its quality and so convoluted with its canon-wielding that this supposed sixth film is already trying to go the full-on reboot route instead...I mean even Salvation for all of its faults didn't try to shit on the existing continuity like Genisys did (or at least, not as much).

DeathyBoy

Banned
Please don't

Just let it die, Arnold.

Please, mate.

Please. No one here would pass up 25 million to rehash old catchphrases and make pop culture references while wearing sunglasses and leather.

It's time to stop fucking around and hire Dwayne Johnson as the Terminator. His resume is Luke Hobbs.

4Rn2WCZ.gif

u5CkDob.gif

Pass the torch. T-800 model 102.

Just recast Rock as Kyle Reese and Cena as a Terminator. Then remake the original.

Can you believe that Cameron only made eight (8) movies in his entire career? I was wondering what he was doing these days and checked his wiki.

Unbelievable.

opricnik

Banned
Holy shit Rock as Terminator

would

be

greatest idea ever.

Make him Evil Terminator and finally kill Arnold in near end.

But then he somehow goes to Good.

then we can retire Arnold and Rock as charismatic action star.

Shit somebody tweet to Rock

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We get it, Arnie was a good Terminator. It defined him to a generation of people. But that generation isn't this one. Move on, let it go

Please. No one here would pass up 25 million to rehash old catchphrases and make pop culture references while wearing sunglasses and leather.

Just recast Rock as Kyle Reese and Cena as a Terminator. Then remake the original.

The Miz as Cena acting as The Terminator would be a far better choice.

jelly

The Rock looks too friendly to be a Terminator.

This.

I wouldn't mind Arnie back but not as a Terminator. An old grizzled general in the future war who escaped Skynet after they copied his young profile for a Terminator line or old before the war took off and was a military test subject or personnel that Skynet had a profile of to use down the line. Him as a Terminator is done.

Still interested to see what Cameron does with it. He surely won't follow on from the last one or the others, maybe a fork of T2.

Top Bottom