• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: I will be back in next 'Terminator' film

FoneBone

If there's going to be another Terminator movie (and I think it's inevitable), it should be a straight reboot. No Arnold, no convoluted multiple-timeline business, and focus on returning the franchise to its horror-oriented roots. Make the Terminator scary again.

If there's going to be another Terminator movie (and I think it's inevitable), it should be a straight reboot. No Arnold, no convoluted multiple-timeline business, and focus on returning the franchise to its horror-oriented roots. Make the Terminator scary again.
This.

While Arnold has done a great job with Terminator role, it's time for a straight/clean reboot.

I love Arnold, but his performance and the Guardian character in Genysis were terrible. I don't think I could sit through another one of those on cable, much less see it in a theater.

The only way the Terminator franchise has a chance of being good again is to start over. Reboot that shit from the ground up. And that means no more Arnold. He's too fucking old and we've heard all his stupid catchphrases a million times. It needs a new vision, not just poorly retelling the same story or piling on needless convolution.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If it's a future war movie that solely connects T1/2, I'm down. If it's anything else, it can burn in hell.

Newlove

I couldn't finish Genesys, it was like a poorly casted fan film. The timeline is so screwed now...did we hear that the Deadpool guy would be directing this with Cameron producing? (Seeing as he's tied up with Avatar)

SegaShack

Why do you want to see a movie remade? It was already great in the first place.

Nielm

I couldn't finish Genesys, it was like a poorly casted fan film. The timeline is so screwed now...did we hear that the Deadpool guy would be directing this with Cameron producing? (Seeing as he's tied up with Avatar)

The only good casting was Lee Byung-Hun as the Terminator. J.K Simmons was barely in it.

Jai Courtney especially, and Emilia Clarke were poor.

Trace

Banned
I love Arnold, but his performance and the Guardian character in Genysis were terrible. I don't think I could sit through another one of those on cable, much less see it in a theater.

Genysis was dogshit but I think that was in spite of Arnold and not because of it.

Sulik2

Hopefully its a future movie and Arnie gets to play an old human general working with John Conner to win the future war that was the original model for the T-100. I still think thats the only movie left to make, tell the future war and end it with Reese going back in time. The true sequel to T2.

I can watch an old Conan sequel, in a TLoU style story.

But he can fuck off with another Terminator movie. I am Terminator'd out.

It's time to stop fucking around and hire Dwayne Johnson as the Terminator. His resume is Luke Hobbs.

4Rn2WCZ.gif

u5CkDob.gif

Pass the torch. T-800 model 102.
I'd be okay with this.

danm999

I agree. Theyre carrying decades of bullshit behind them at this point, a complete reboot would be welcome.

The Terminator film can't even start pre-production until 2019, Arnie will be 72 when/if it starts filming.

I mean, I like to think he's immortal as his movies were such a huge part of my youth. But, he's not getting any younger. It's a shame Hollywood still hasn't found his replacement. I suppose Dwayne is the closest we've got.
It's time to stop fucking around and hire Dwayne Johnson as the Terminator. His resume is Luke Hobbs.

4Rn2WCZ.gif

u5CkDob.gif

Pass the torch. T-800 model 102.
Yeah I'd take that.

But I've already died twice inside after watching the Robocop and Total Recall reboots. I feel depressed just thinking back to them :(

Endo Punk

He just looks comical in the role now. I'd rather he make a Conan film as an older withered Conan like the one at the end of the first film with a rad beard and white hair.

Top Bottom