• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnold Schwarzenegger talks Twins sequel-with Eddie Murphy as "lost" Triplet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says Eddie Murphy Loves the ‘Twins’ Sequel Idea

Twins.jpg

We’ve been hearing about the Twins sequel for a long time now, but it’s been a while since we’ve gotten an update. Josh Gad was hired to write the screenplay, but back in January the writer and actor said that Universal had put the project on hold for the time being — even though everyone loves the script. “Everyone” also apparently includes Eddie Murphy, as Arnold Schwarzenegger has revealed that his potential co-star is thrilled with the idea for Triplets.

The Twins sequel, currently titled Triplets, would bring Eddie Murphy in to co-star with Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, reprising their roles from the 1988 comedy classic. Murphy would, of course, be the triplet suggested by the title. Schwarzenegger appeared on The Howard Stern Show (via Slashfilm), where he discussed further plot details:

Now we are talking about a sequel, where we find out at the funeral of our mother, that when we read the will, that there’s three of us. Eddie Murphy is going to be the third one and so they go, ‘How did that happen’ There’s an African American coming in here and all of a sudden he’s our brother. So we go to do the research but he can only get the money if we find him, so now we have to get him involved.

Eddie Murphy loves the idea. Danny DeVito and I had lunch with Eddie Murphy over at my house, and we talked about the thing, and we were laughing and laughing the whole meal through because it was such a funny idea. And of course, who wouldn’t like it.

aku:jiki

No, Arnold. End your career with dignity. You're allowed a Terminator comeback since it was your really big breakout role, but please do not revive all of your old shit like the sad uncle who won't stop asking if you remember that one time he made you laugh.

Dalek

Interesting note-I'm listening to the interview now, and he says he made more money on Twins than any of the Terminator movies. He did the movie for free, basically but wanted to have 33% of the movie-and then selling that to television broadcast rights made him a fortune.

My god, I had such a thing for Kelly Preston on Twins.

Good lord.

YES. I shot through puberty watching that film.

G-Fex

Twins kinda..had a perfect ending. 2perfect actually.

But I'm all for this.

Eddie doesn't seem to be a funny guy anymore though.

I always like hearing about sequels where the people are like genuinely excited to do it. Stuff like Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, and now Triplets, where it's not necessarily the studio's decision to make the movie (in the case of Anchorman 2 and Zoolander 2 I think the studios actually like... actively blocked the sequels even though everyone else wanted to do them) but the actors really want to make it happen.

But it's just nice when you see or hear about actors getting to revisit roles and characters that they actually enjoyed being. You can tell Will Ferrel absolutely loves being Ron Burgundy, for example.

Hopefully if this movie ever gets made it's one of those situations and even if it's not amazing, the actors having fun with it will show through.

JC Lately

Holding out hope for a gender-flipped reboot.

But seriously, this could work. So Eddie would be the Solidus Snake of this scenario, right? I mean Arnold supposedly got all the good genes and Danny got all the crap ones if I remember right, just like Solid and Liquid Snake (and yes I know genes don’t work that way, just roll with it). So Eddie should be like perfection right? The exact mix of good and bad?

This is just stupid enough to be hilarious.

marrec

Banned
When was the last time Eddie Murphy was funny?

I can see Danny D and Arnold still having the comedy chops, but Eddie sold his soul to the devil or something and hasn't been funny since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom