• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Article about Xbox/ Xbox 360 RPGs up at IGN...

Borys

Banned
Might interest some of you Xbox folks:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/633/633132p4.html

The Future of RPGs: Xbox

What does the future of Xbox RPGs bring? Glad you asked. The future of Xbox RPGs looks much different than the future of Xbox 360 games. According to our schedule we've got only three confirmed RPGs coming this fall: X-Men II: Rise of the Apocalypse, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Dungeon Lords. Evergreen entities that always get pushed back include Armada 2: Star Command and Resonance, and Cenega's The Roots is still in need of a publisher. So, I wouldn't necessarily count on those last three anytime soon.

The Future of RPGs: Xbox 360

On Xbox 360, however, there future is clearer. Games such as Square's Final Fantasy XI, Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Mistwalker's Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey have all been officially confirmed. For the first time ever Microsoft has secured big-name designers and creators to bring Japanese RPGs to the forefront. Namco, Konami and Capcom, however, have yet to reveal their RPG plans, if any, for Xbox 360. Then again, it's rare that any publisher leads in to a system with an RPG. They usually come later.

Read more at the link above for rumours about Jade 2 and TFOL resurrected...

Lo-Volt

I'm surprised people are still mentioning Armada II, even in passing. I heard of that game literally since its predecessor was released in 1999. ...I'm even surprised if Metro3D is still a going entity, considering how mediocre the original Armada was for the Dreamcast. Other than that, the early RPG offerings for the Xbox 360 look reasonably good for a relative newcomer into the industry. But the best way to see that the Xbox 360 can realoly spool up competition to the PlayStation 3 is if Square-Enix offers more than Final Fantasy XI. An exclusive or up-to-date port would grab my attention better than what we've already heard.

Top Bottom