• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As Dusk Falls has been rated for PS5, PS4 in Taiwan

As-Dusk-Falls-Rating-Taiwan_12-07-23_Top-768x432.jpg

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated INTERIOR/NIGHT-developed narrative adventure game As Dusk Falls for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 under the publishing of PQube.
As-Dusk-Falls-Rating-Taiwan_12-07-23_001.png

As Dusk Falls originally launched for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Microsoft Store under the publishing of Xbox Game Studios.

A PC version was also rated under PQube. Though this likely means PQube will only distribute a PC version in Taiwan, considering the PC version is already available and published by Xbox Game Studios.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Likely an attempt to test the waters with a low-risk title before deciding whether to go all in or not.

I expect things like Ori (already got a Switch version) to be tried out next.

tommib

Looks great. Getting it on day one. It’s one of the exclusives that I wanted to play on my PS5 after Scorn and High on Life coming through. Waiting for Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush next.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Seen this floating around, any idea if it's real?

People on Twitter are idiots. It's not a MS IP anymore than Ori was. Interior Night is an indie dev of like 40 people (mostly former Quantic Dream) and MS published their first game like they did with Ori/Moon Studios.

graywolf323

People on Twitter are idiots. It's not a MS IP anymore than Ori was. Interior Night is an indie dev of like 40 people (mostly former Quantic Dream) and MS published their first game like they did with Ori/Moon Studios.
Shinobi’s had insider information before though and the real source is his post on Era

graywolf323

Timed exclusives ending? I'm shocked. Maybe he should go remind his toddler how racist he is.
this was never suggested to be a timed exclusive before though and it’s not like Ori because Ori has NEVER come to PlayStation (it only ever went to Switch) 🤷🏼‍♂️ when has a Xbox Game Studios publisher game later released on PlayStation?

Edit: I mean PlayStation now owns Sunset Overdrive but even that never got a port

Last edited:
I think a better comparison would be Cuphead.
But the difference here is that MS owns this IP, same as with Ori, but Ori won't be on PlayStation unless MS wants it to be.

ManaByte

Gold Member
this was never suggested to be a timed exclusive before though and it’s not like Ori because Ori has NEVER come to PlayStation (it only ever went to Switch) 🤷🏼‍♂️ when has a Xbox Game Studios publisher game later released on PlayStation?

It's obvious that Interior Night owns the IP, which is why PQube is able to publish it. So the Twitter idiot is an idiot.

But the difference here is that MS owns this IP, same as with Ori, but Ori won't be on PlayStation unless MS wants it to be.

MS doesn't own the IP as PQube is publishing it in Taiwan and not them.

Last edited:

graywolf323

different there though is Cuphead was self-published by Studio MDHR even on Xbox, it was a timed exclusive but XGS didn’t publish it

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Really weird situation. This is a Xbox Game Studios' game but also a timed console exclusive?

PQube is listed as the publisher, not XGS.

Microsoft is listed as the publisher on the Switch version of Ori, if they were publishing this on PS4/5, they would be listed as the publisher.

Last edited:

A.Romero

I didn't know they were former QD devs. I really liked this game, I enjoyed it more than QD's latest.

StueyDuck

If this was like halo/gears/forza then sure "it's over" but this game definitely doesn't spark the end of xbox as a console.

MLB is a much bigger game that is made by a Sony first party, sometimes weird oddities happen.

Astray

Gold Member
Microsoft does owns the IP though.

I was mainly asking about the Shinobi screenshot, did he actually say that.

Tsaki

If MS owns the IP, it'd be like Forza Horizon 3 (before Playground got acquired) released to Playstation; it was MS first party (or second party, whatever). Don't care about As Dusk Falls, but I will buy Ori (hopefully).

Astray

Gold Member
Proof? Everything says they just published it. Interior Night developed it as an indie (again, only about 40 people) and MS published it.

This is the trademark application for the game and it clearly states that Microsoft own that.

Not a lawyer so don't know for sure if this means that they own the IP outright or not though.

ManaByte

Gold Member

This is the trademark application for the game and it clearly states that Microsoft own that.

Not a lawyer so don't know for sure if this means that they own the IP outright or not though.
It's Inter/Night's game. MS just published it.

Astray

Gold Member
I've maintained that Starfield will ultimately come to PS5 in 1-2 years, but As Dusk Falls hardly seems like confirmation that Xbox is going 3rd party.

Don't get too excited....or angry.
Like I said, it's a low-risk way of testing things and seeing how much traction it gets in the PS community without risking any of the family jewels.

If Microsoft ever do go 3P, things like Halo or Gears won't ever be what comes first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyway, it's a decent choice based Telltale/Detroit style visual novel. I remember the sound track being good from last year.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Like I said, it's a low-risk way of testing things and seeing how much traction it gets in the PS community without risking any of the family jewels.

If Microsoft ever do go 3P, things like Halo or Gears won't ever be what comes first.

MS isn't publishing it though.

Top Bottom