• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As Homelessness Increases Will Videogames Become More Important?

RagnarokIV

craig fairbrass pat tate GIF by Signaturee Entertainment

Switch 2 needs a solar panel. Or one of those crank things. I remember the crank flashlights broke soon after buying them. Had a radio flashlight thing that you would crank for a few min of power.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Hopefully they come out with solar powered vr headsets, without a home I would have nowhere to plug a console.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I found this interesting because as housing affordability drops, I prepare for potential homelessness. I wonder about the importance of videogames at these times.
According to that summary, video games won't help you avoid homelessness. It may possibly help people who can still afford a home and internet feel bad for you, though.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I want to play games, by buying them or pay for the subscription services I have. I need a job to do that. And I need a home to play them in. So don’t games already encourage use not to be homeless?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
When you are homeless, life is kinda like a videogame.

Fbh

"Purchase our season pass and get 50% off your next rent"

"Hi this is Dave (she/her) from you Microsoft Rewards housing program!.
Just wanted to check in and give you a friendly reminder that you still got a whole bunch of fucking Bing searches to do before the end of the month if you don't want us to kick you the fuck out of your 90sqft apartment.

Thanks and I hope you have a great week!".

Last edited:
Last edited:

Goalus

I want to play games, by buying them or pay for the subscription services I have. I need a job to do that. And I need a home to play them in. So don’t games already encourage use not to be homeless?
Is video games requiring you to sit in a home and be connected to a power outlet a good thing though?
It's about as bad as requiring an internet connection in order to play.

Sorcerer

SAVE money on batteries by only putting them into your clock when you wish to know the time.
I tried this and my only problem was that I needed a source with the time to set the clock to the correct time. This became a problem roughly every waking hour of the day. Imagine going through this about 9-10 times a day. It didn't work out well.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If physical games were still a thing, you could build a fort out of the cases. I'd argue we already solved homelessness.

I found this interesting because as housing affordability drops, I prepare for potential homelessness. I wonder about the importance of videogames at these times.
Maybe consider relocating? I don't know what city or part of the world you live in, but there are still places that exist where housing costs are not out of control. My co-worker who grew up in the Bay Area had become homeless due to a messy divorce, living in her car for a few months. She took advantage of the government programs there to stay afloat, gain some skills, saved some money and then moved to another state where she found a decent job and affordable housing and is no longer on government assistance. It was a rough several months, but she landed on her feet... something that was near-impossible in Cali.

Nydius

*Looks at OP's join date*
*Looks at OP's post topic history*

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Edit:

Having spent some time on the street, gaming is like concern # 48. It's on the list to be fair, but it's behind shit like staying alive.

Can concur. My wife and I were homeless for almost 4 months in 2020 during the height of the pandemic (a long story of a shady ass mortgage company pulling legal shenanigans) and gaming wasn't even something on my mind, except for the rare occasion where I felt safe enough to dig out the Switch and play a few minutes of Diablo 3 to escape reality. Which wasn't often.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
As necessities become more expensive will luxuries (which are also getting more expensive) become more important?

5JIODkq.gif

I can tell you right now, having slept in a basketball court cuz I couldnt secure housing......videogames literally aint on the list of important things.
When I actually got settled enough to even think about spending some time NOT grinding and just gaming, I was like "yo....I think I made".....prior to this point videogames effectively didnt even exist.

mnkl13

At least you won't worry about hitting a wall or breaking something down while playing with VR. So i guess yes.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Can concur. My wife and I were homeless for almost 4 months in 2020 during the height of the pandemic (a long story of a shady ass mortgage company pulling legal shenanigans) and gaming wasn't even something on my mind, except for the rare occasion where I felt safe enough to dig out the Switch and play a few minutes of Diablo 3 to escape reality. Which wasn't often.

I had a stretch in my early twenties where I was homeless. Videogames were not what I worried about at all.

Last edited:

JonSnowball

VR will become more important, it's one thing to have your dick sucked by a homeless guy but it's another to use AR to replace him with a hot hentai big booty bitch. It makes life on the streets more comfortable. The currency of the streets is fellatio and any improvement of that experience will be positive.

Even if people can't afford houses, they should at least try to buy land and build a tiny home or get a fancy hunting tent they can live in. Anything would be better than living on the street of a packed city.

Top Bottom