• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage: Recreating A Lost City

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm extremely hyped for this game!

Hype Train GIF by Leroy Patterson

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
the 2 ac games i've replayed most are black flag the original middle east one. i'm gonna love this...
Those are two very different games.
I think if you've played AC2 maybe.
AC was kinda different because it was semi open world with different City's which I don't think they've done again until Origins

Those are two very different games.
I think if you've played AC2 maybe.
AC was kinda different because it was semi open world with different City's which I don't think they've done again until Origins
i've played all (most more than once). those're just my 2 favorites. really enjoyed the middle east setting (more than italy)...

I am absolutely jerking it to this video.

THIS is a big reason why I play videogames and why I especially fell in love with Assassins Creed in the first place. I'm so glad to see them going back to what they've always done best.

EDMIX

Some of the best environmental artist in the industry! I love seeing all the behind the scenes stuff on how they build those cities. I don't even know a close second in terms of publishers that have a series of teams that do this as well as they do.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Cannot wait. Each year I go into a sort of hibernation mode when a new Assassin's Creed releases. Origin's was the one game in the series besides ACII, ACIII, and ACIV that keep me interested. Just spectacular atmosphere through and through from start to finish. The music, the lore, the fine details. I've probably said it before but that initial journey to Alexandria was something I'll never forget in gaming. Also the Pyramid exploration(s). Origins should have gotten GOTY at the time imho instead of BOTW. Hopefully Mirage has at least retained the great atmosphere.

SJRB

Gold Member
You know, Ubi gets a lot of shit and often rightfully so, but they have some of the best designers in the world on their teams.

The level design, map, world, lighting, everything is aces.

What other studio in the world goes "you know what, we don't know jack shit about ancient Baghdad and there's literally zero info about this city, but let's build a game around it anyway". Insane amount of historic research goes into these games and it shows. It always does.

God bless you, Ubi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom