• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Assasin's Creed Mirage will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 75 29.1%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 46.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
assassins-creed-mirage.jpg

Q: When Does Assassin's Creed Mirage Reviews Drop?
A: The Review Embargo lifts on Oct. 4 2023 at 6:01am CT / 4:01am PDT / 7:01 am EDT / 12pm BST / 9pm AEST

Pre Order Bonuses and Editions:
PS5
PS4 (includes free PS5 upgrade)

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One

PC

The standard edition just comes with the game itself, plus any eligible preorder bonuses (see below).

Assassin’s Creed Mirage (Deluxe Edition)​

PS5

PS4 (includes free PS5 upgrade)

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One

PC

The deluxe edition of Assassin’s Creed Mirage comes with the game, any eligible preorder bonuses, and the Deluxe Pack, which includes the following in-game items:

• Prince of Persia inspired outfit, eagle & mount skins, weapons, and more
  • Digital artbook
  • Digital soundtrack

Assassin’s Creed Mirage Collector’s Case - SOLD OUT​

The Assassin’s Creed Mirage collector’s case is only available at GameStop and the Ubisoft Store. It includes the following:

• The Deluxe Edition of Assassin’s Creed Mirage with a complete pack inspired by Prince of Persia
  • A figurine of the deadly Master Assassin Basim
  • A selected soundtrack of Assassin’s Creed Mirage
  • A unique steelbook with design elected by Assassin’s Creed’s fans
  • A perfect replica of Basim’s brooch and a Baghdad map
  • Bonus content with a digital artbook & more!

Assassin’s Creed Mirage Preorder Bonus​

Preorder from anywhere, and you’ll receive the bonus quest “The Forty Thieves.” Additionally, a couple of retailers are offering exclusive bonuses, as listed below.

• Amazon - "launch edition," which comes with 3 lithographs and a Baghdad map
  • Best Buy - free canvas art print
Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 76 average - 70% recommended - 74 reviews

YxcIfFt.png

MetaCritic - 78 average - PlayStation 5 - 46 Reviews

Xbox Series X - 76 average - 14 Reviews

PC - 78 average - 8 Reviews

CQNDHka.png

Critic Reviews​

ACG - Jeremy Penter - Buy
Video Review - Quote not available
Attack of the Fanboy - Diego Perez - 3 / 5
Outside of its stunning setting, Assassin's Creed Mirage doesn't have anything exciting or new to offer. It's a mixture of the worst parts of classic and modern Assassin's Creed, sacrificing both storytelling and exploration in an attempt to appease fans from both eras.
BaziCenter - جواد محسنی - Persian - 8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage takes the series back to where it all began, and while it feels great to take a break from more and more complex RPG gameplay that we've seen in the past few entries, it is not necessarily a step forward for the series as the game becomes too boring too fast. Mirage is still a great action adventure, but maybe a balance between Role Playing gameplay and linear story telling would be what this series need to find its path again.
But Why Tho? - Jason Flatt - 8 / 10
There are some kinks in Assassin’s Creed Mirage that hold it back from perfection, but without a doubt, it is the sharpest, most succinct entry in the franchise yet. With the best elements brought together throughout the series’ many games, Mirage stands out as at once completely classic and fully modern.
Cerealkillerz - Gabriel Bogdan - German - 7.3 / 10
Assassin’s Creed Mirage sadly doesn't fully commit on its way back to the roots and ends up as dull mix of everything what we've already seen in the past games. Simple variations of already established systems and the short uninspiring story will especially disappoint series veterans. As Expansion, Mirage would have had the right to exist but as full price title, it doesn't offer enough.
Checkpoint Gaming - Edie W-K - 8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage might be a smaller experience than the mammoths that have preceded it, but that doesn't make it lesser. Clocking in at a decent 20-30 hours of streamlined gameplay and story, it's a great return to form to the stealth-focused days of Altair and Ezio. While the main missions could have used more variety, it's encouraging to see that Ubisoft hasn't forgotten the franchise's roots.
ComicBook.com - Tanner Dedmon - 3.5 / 5
Perhaps it comes from being tainted by the RPG-style Assassin's Creed games, but even when tallying Mirage's successes, the thought creeps in that the game doesn't always have quite enough to keep players engaged in a fulfilling way. Because of that, Mirage may not be the course correction that many were hoping for – it certainly doesn't feel like the solution to Assassin's Creed's identity crisis, but it could be a start or at least an indication that both styles of the series can coexist with one another instead of only getting one or the other.
Console Creatures - Bobby Pashalidis - Recommended
Assassin's Creed Mirage sets out to achieve a specific goal and delivers one of the best games in the series in ages. While the experience has some problems worth mentioning, I never felt any of them deterred the total experience for me.
Destructoid - Steven Mills - 7.5 / 10
When Assassin’s Creed Mirage is at its best, it’s an entertaining experience. But in between those moments, the repetitiveness really starts to weigh it down.
Downtime Bros - Sam Harby - 7.5 / 10
Fans of stealth-action Assassin’s Creed will be satisfied with Mirage as a game that delivers on its central promise to revisit what first made the series so special all those years ago.
Easy Allies - Michael Huber - 8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage is a strong return to the original identity of the series, with greater focus on stealth and a more manageable length, but Ubisoft continues to spin its wheels with where all of this is going.
Eurogamer - Christian Donlan - 4 / 5
Golden Age Baghdad, along with a return to a more focused, stealth-based design, makes for a rich and characterful adventure.
Everyeye.it - Giuseppe Carrabba - Italian - 7.5 / 10
Quote not yet available
Evilgamerz - Daan Nijboer - Dutch - 8 / 10
Is Mirage worth it? Of course. Although it is again a typical Assassin's Creed and clearly an oversized DLC from Valhalla, it is a relief to really have to sneak around with Basim again. This is what made the series so popular and Mirage shows that it is still a lot of fun. With about 30 hours of gameplay, the game is a lot more manageable than the gigantic previous parts, but certainly no less. Moreover, you only pay €45 for Mirage instead of the full €70, for which we have to compliment the developer. The game starts off quite weak with an introduction that is far too long, but once you get past that you can really get on with it. Assassins's Creed Mirage is an excellent "snack" where stealth is back and you don't have to spend 150 hours to see everything. More is not always better, and that proof is provided here.
GAMES.CH - Benjamin Braun - German - 80%
Quote not yet available
Game Informer - Matt Miller - 8 / 10
Concerns about the conclusion aside, I still had a wonderful time in Baghdad’s ancient alleys and palaces. Not everything is perfect, but the “less is more” design philosophy goes a long way to making this one of the most consistently engaging titles within the series for some time.
GameGrin - Anna Duncan - 10 / 10
Nice to see another Assassin's Creed game to explain yet another exciting story on another character, well done Ubisoft.
GameSpot - Jordan Ramée - 6 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage's focus on social stealth and detective work makes for a compelling dive into ninth-century Baghdad.
Gamefa - Mostafa Zahedi - Persian - 7.5 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage does bring back some good old memories due to its setting and classic structure, but unfortunately it also inherits some serious issues from its predecessors. from inconsistent AI behavior to sporadic screen tear in crowded places. that aside, lack of interesting side quest and side content is also somewhat noticable. nonetheless, it's an acceptable assassin's Creed experience that could entertain us for some hours.
GamesHub - Edmond Tran - 4 / 5
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a great stealth fantasy game, with a fantastic setting you want to just simmer in, and a pace that gently but consistently pulls you through interesting missions you find yourself eager to tackle. Its focused scope gives you the breathing room to invest more interest and care in the makeup and history of the world, along with the plights of its characters, and leaves you feeling content with the time you spent in it. This is how all Assassin’s Creed games should be.
GamesRadar+ - Sam Loveridge - 4 / 5
Ubisoft Bordeaux has delivered exactly what it promised. Assassin's Creed Mirage is a compact, stealth-focused adventure that punishes anyone trying to go in loud, and it does so in a world that's always a delight to explore (and be chased through).
Gaming Age - Matthew Pollesel - A-
Assassin’s Creed Mirage continues that run of solid games, without question. It doesn’t break new ground – by design, I would argue – but it shows that around twenty games in (counting spin-offs), there’s still plenty of story for the series to delve into. Assassin’s Creed Mirage is an Assassin’s Creed game, for all the good and bad (mostly good) that entails.
Gaming Instincts - Devin Rardin - 8 / 10
If you are an Assassin’s Creed purest, then Mirage is not exactly what you are looking for. It doesn’t bring back Assassin’s Creed of yore but modernizes several of the mechanics we came to love. Unfortunately, they are hindered by a design that simply wasn’t meant for the system it evoked. Still, for those looking for a smaller Assassin’s Creed game with a focus on assassins, Mirage gets the job done. Assassin’s Creed Mirage receives a final verdict of 8.0 out of 10.
Assassin's Creed Mirage is perfectly serviceable and will certainly scratch an itch for major fans - though it's arguably not a bad entry point for newcomers either.
IGN - Jarrett Green - 8 / 10
Assassin’s Creed Mirage's back-to-basics approach is a successful first step in returning to the stealthy style that launched this series.
IGN Italy - Angelo Bianco - Italian - 7.8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage offers a gaming experience that all in all works and entertains without much pretension, although it does not allow the series to take any major step forward.
IGN Spain - Mario Seijas - Spanish - 8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage is a triumphant return to the roots of the series. Basim invites us to be stealthy and think carefully, calculating every step in a Baghdad full of details and places to explore. It is a different installment to what we are used to with the most recent releases, but both newcomers and veterans of the saga should give it a try.
Kakuchopurei - Alleef Ashaari - 70 / 100
Ultimately, Assassin's Creed Mirage feels like a return to form for the franchise. If you've hated the action RPG leanings of the franchise for the past few years and have been hankering for the good old days, this game just might do it for you. Assassin's Creed Mirage isn't revolutionary in any way, and it has some issues, but it's a good enough stealth jaunt.
Kotaku - Zack Zwiezen - Unscored
It’s nice, in 2023, to play a modern AAA open-world video game that doesn’t feel like a slog to work through. One which rewards stealth and non-lethal tactics, too. When I was finished with almost everything Mirage had to offer—after about 25 hours—I found myself hopeful that Ubisoft will continue making not just big “RPG” Assassin’s Creed games, but also smaller, stealthier entries, too.
Merlin'in Kazanı - Samet Basri Taşlı - Turkish - 75 / 100
Assassin's Creed Mirage brings the series back to the old ways. The game, which will please old fans of the series, may not please everyone with its bad artificial intelligence and old-school gameplay.
Metro GameCentral - GameCentral - 7 / 10
Assassin's Creed gets back-to-basics with a shorter, more focused – if slightly less polished -campaign, and a return to an impossibly beautiful looking early-era Middle East.
One More Game - Chris Garcia - Buy
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a triumphant return to form for the franchise, shedding its action RPG-heavy influences from previous installments and creating a smaller and tighter adventure that is centered on the key pillars of stealth, assassinations, and parkour.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a great fusion of new and old, and simply goes to show that when Ubisoft listens to what fans want, they can go on to build something that many will enjoy and appreciate, especially an entry from a beloved franchise such as Assassin’s Creed.
PC Gamer - Morgan Park - 77 / 100
Assassin's Creed Mirage isn't the triumphant return to glory that I hoped it'd be, but it's a good first stab.
PCGamesN - Nat Smith - 8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage delivers a renewed focus that trims the fat from its predecessors to commemorate the very best bits of the series, but familiar parkour problems and anemic combat hold it back from true greatness.
PSX Brasil - Thiago de Alencar Moura - Portuguese - 85 / 100
Assassin's Creed Mirage is an excellent homage to the past and a well-realized title in its own right.
Paste Magazine - Garrett Martin - 7.5 / 10
Yet another solidly designed, thoroughly enjoyable, predictably weird, unoriginally off-the-wall Assassin’s Creed game. May they make 13 (or 29) more.
Pixel Arts - Danial Dehghani - Persian - 8 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage is a heartfelt tribute to devoted fans of the franchise, capturing the essence of its earlier iterations that have kept the series alive. While it incorporates elements from recent releases, it places a more prominent emphasis on parkour and stealth, delivering a distinct and captivating experience. Despite encountering occasional nuisances that prevent us from hailing Mirage as the pinnacle of the Assassin's Creed series in recent memory, there's no denying that the unforgettable journey it offers is well worth embarking on. Follow Bassem, a humble thief turned assassin, as you witness his transformation into a true master assassin.
PlayStation Universe - Michael Harradence - 9 / 10
Assassin's Creed Mirage is a fantastic return to form for the long-running franchise, and by leveraging the very best of the series' offerings and doubling down on the original game's design philosophy, Ubisoft has created the most authentic Assassin's Creed game in a decade.
Polygon - Tauriq Moosa - Unscored
Assassin’s Creed Mirage’s focus makes it one of the best games in the series

Last edited:
Interested in this one. Like the idea of it going back to what made the first few games good. Watched Jack Frags throw flaming pots at people from a roof and was basically at impulse buy for £30 on CDKeys.

Arun1910

Gonna go for high 70/low 80s. It will be a good return to form, but feel too familiar due to it using the same engine iteration since 2017 (6 years!) and thus also have the same flaws as past games (how the parkour feels, the combat, same looking UI etc).

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I would guess in the low 80's. From the footage I've seen and the many many recycled ideas and animations, I think we've seen it all. It's not a series that relies on being repetitive by design either. So there are no excuse here, Ubisoft deliberately give its fanbase the minimum required.

Kurotri

Super bummed I can't play this until a few weeks later, I hope it sticks the landing. For me, I know I'll love it even if it gets lowish scores. I'm going with 75-80 for this one.

Already preordered my physical copy so I'm pretty hyped about AC Mirage lol.

As for my metacritic prediction, I'll go with mid 80s on this one; I would not be surprised if it scores a bit higher than that though.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well I'll say it but I prefer the RPG ACs to the classic style. I loved AC2, 3 (yes 3), Liberation and Syndicate in a big way but...Odyssey was my dream AC game. Valhalla was too long and bloated but it was still very enjoyable. So this one is a skip, but Red which will be a RPG once again will get my monies.

Last edited:

phant0m

81. I am guessing we’ll hear a lot of “return to form, too short, simplified combat may not be for everybody”

My guess is that a return to roots will probably lift this one up a little review wise, but on the other hand the concept is pretty tired at this point. Going to say solid 80.

The Round City of Baghdad when it was most beautiful. The academia of the House of Wisdom, sprawling bazaars, peaceful water gardens, humongous curtain walls and spiralling minarets calling out to worship Allah. The Abbasid Caliphate was on top of the Islamic world and all it took to come crashing down was one idiotic caliph and the wrath of the Mongols. I recommend watching this video which showcases the destruction of the city at the hands of the Ilkhanate:
3367.jpg
1280px-Baghdad_150_to_300_AH.png

Last edited:
I think it will score in the 75-80 range

Keep in mind this game will be like 50% off next month if your thinking about picking it up for full price.

elmos-acc

Probably 75-78. UbiSoft is not doing a great job with the marketing, and I think there is a reason. They are trying to rehash the Ezio trilogy but it misses the mark.

Muffdraul

Will it be buggy and require patches? Am I safe playing this on Day 1 without glitches and shit?
You never know with Ubisoft. For a while it seemed like they learned their lesson after Unity (which actually wasn't as buggy as its reputation suggests, though the co-op was indeed very bugged and fucked up) and they had a great run with Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey all being relatively smooth. But then Valhalla was very buggy at launch and it was something like two months before it shaped up. I remember so many quests I couldn't complete for weeks. I was never able to finish the Dawn of Ragnarok DLC because of a fatal glitch stopping me from progressing. I like to think this 'smaller scale' AC game was easier to bugfix... We'll see.

P.S. I put my bet on 75-80%

Last edited:

Kacho

Will it be buggy and require patches? Am I safe playing this on Day 1 without glitches and shit?
Bugs in their most recent games don’t seem to be much of an issue. It’s mostly performance issues. Valhalla had wicked screen tearing on consoles at launch.

Idk what you were trying to accomplish, but this just makes you sound broke
Honestly these types of comments are just dumb.. attacking people by making unsubstantiated claims when they get butt hurt that someone doesn't like what they like. Ever stop to think people can acquire more wealth by NOT blindly buying things they don't want? Just a though.

Macaron

Banned
Honestly these types of comments are just dumb.. attacking people by making unsubstantiated claims when they get butt hurt that someone doesn't like what they like. Ever stop to think people can acquire more wealth by NOT blindly buying things they don't want? Just a though.
lmao. No, what is dumb is posting "Idc if this game gets 10/10s from every reviewer. I will wait for sale". I just responded with how I think a comment like that comes across. You also sound kinda broke so vehemently defending that type of shitposting tbh

Last edited:
lmao. No, what is dumb is posting "Idc if this game gets 10/10s from every reviewer. I will wait for sale". I just responded with how I think a comment like that comes across. You also sound kinda broke so vehemently defending that type of shitposting tbh
You sound like a douche for making false assumptions and getting bent out of shape over a game. lol

Macaron

Banned
You sound like a douche for making false assumptions and getting bent out of shape over a game. lol
You're the one bent out of shape here man. And simply for me asking someone shitposting whats the point and stating how they come across. Touch grass friend, its gonna be ok

If it’s a tighter experience then I’m assuming it will score higher than the last handful of games. Regardless I’ll wait for it to be super cheap as all Ubi games do.

Last edited:
You're the one bent out of shape here man. And simply for me asking someone shitposting whats the point and stating how they come across. Touch grass friend, its gonna be ok
Nah. Expressing my opinion of the value of a crap franchise just rubbed you the wrong way to the point you had to fire off shots, but one less sale won't ruin your fun (I hope).

Top Bottom