• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins is getting 60 FPS support on PS5 and XSX/S starting June 2

Bojji

Just got my series X and the higher resolution versus ps5 is pure eye candy . The colors of Egypt mixed with the near 4k 60 fps , I'm in heaven . Highly recommended

Yeah it looks great and is very fluid from what I have tested but some setting are below what i played on pc all those years ago 🙂

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh wow.

I never knew they made a final fantasy 15 cross over mission for this ?

It was short, but it was something ...

adamsapple

I remember that from my first play through. It was pretty cool.

It was jarring and real funny when the entire final cut-scene of the mission changes into a video file :D

They couldn't be arsed to draw a native character model for Ardyn in the Origins engine lol.

The drop from 60 FPS to 30 FPS is jarring, especially cause it happens so infrequently.

Allandor

Locked 60 on ps5, played a few hours. Some cutscenes are 30fps and can be jarring, clearly video with lower iq and artefacts.
The cutscenes were always a problem in AC Odyssey & Origins. That was even clear at launch. Don't know why now some people interpret much more into that.

It is really refreshing to see how good Origins still looks. Odyssey & Origins are games that didn't seem to age at all (graphics wise).

btw, did they at least port the eagle vision they hold in memory on xbox one x over (so you can switch to the eagle vision without loading-time in between) to the PS5 patch? Or is it still only the PS4 Pro version just at 60.

Last edited:

Shmunter

The cutscenes were always a problem in AC Odyssey & Origins. That was even clear at launch. Don't know why now some people interpret much more into that.

It is really refreshing to see how good Origins still looks. Odyssey & Origins are games that didn't seem to age at all (graphics wise).

btw, did they at least port the eagle vision they hold in memory on xbox one x over (so you can switch to the eagle vision without loading-time in between) to the PS5 patch? Or is it still only the PS4 Pro version just at 60.
I’m now enjoying the game a reasonable amount. The attention to detail really wins me over, killed a few guys, came back in a bit and there are vultures picking at the bodies, nice. The crisp control at fluid 60 makes the game tho.

I only rarely see a black screen between eagle vision and character. Think that was when I flew quite a distance, otherwise seems seamless.

Last edited:

adamsapple

6-10-2022_11-51-16_amxfkff.png

The FF15 quest sword and shield set look pretty bad ass.

Bojji

Honestly, I find Origins and Odyssey with their modern patches better and more fun games to play than Valhalla.

That's completely true, I finished Valhalla but had to force myself to do this and this took me few months 🤣 it's just bunch of side missions slapped together.

Both oddysey and origins are much better but odyssey sometimes felt bloated.

So yeah, origins is probably the best of new wave of ac games 🤔

Södy

That's completely true, I finished Valhalla but had to force myself to do this and this took me few months 🤣 it's just bunch of side missions slapped together.

Both oddysey and origins are much better but odyssey sometimes felt bloated.

So yeah, origins is probably the best of new wave of ac games 🤔
Yep. The only reason I liked Valhalla is because I absolutely love the viking theme.

T-Cake

Only got a few trophies left for platinum but I’m not sure I want to do the ‘complete all locations’ one. Odyssey is calling me. I really want to spend more time in Greece before Valhalla arrives in two weeks.

game looks way better than I expected on the XSX, runs beautifully too

how did they go from this to Valhalla

the loot system was so much better in Origin.

speaking of loot, I thought re-loading dlc is supposed to scale weapons to your current level? not working for me. debating whether I want to upgrade the weapons that came in the deluxe pack. the poison effect is pretty funny. when it chains, you can end up creating a poison fog that covers an entire zone.

smbu2000

The game looks pretty good and runs smoothly.(XSX)
Still in my long play-through of Odyssey, but I want to play through Origins as well.

I bought it along with a bunch of other AC games after getting hooked on Odyssey.

T-Cake

I didn’t expect to be this engrossed second time around but I’m only one trophy away from the Platinum. I spent all day yesterday (12 hours plus) visiting all the question marks. Only got a handful of forts to do today and then I can start Odyssey.

shubik

I didn’t expect to be this engrossed second time around but I’m only one trophy away from the Platinum. I spent all day yesterday (12 hours plus) visiting all the question marks. Only got a handful of forts to do today and then I can start Odyssey.
Jesus back to back? I mean origins is a fun game with a great map but platinum it and than moving on to Odyssey just sounds like pure pain 😂 odyssey is such a slog and soooooo long and filled with repetitive quests.

T-Cake

Jesus back to back? I mean origins is a fun game with a great map but platinum it and than moving on to Odyssey just sounds like pure pain 😂 odyssey is such a slog and soooooo long and filled with repetitive quests.

Well, I’ll see how I get on. 😎 I want to play it whilst Origins is fresh in my mind to see how they compare.

T-Cake

Mission accomplished! Only took a couple of hours to go round the forts. I just sat back and watched my poison darts do their magic. Very satisfying.

Now on to AC Odyssey! Will play Kassandra.

Top Bottom