• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assholes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you [nice guys finish last]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this on another forum, Its basically about how nice guys always miss out to screw the bitches in high school.

It’s amazing that assholes can get girls. Actually, now that I think of it, it’s not that amazing. They are assholes at heart, but to meet girls they lavish their undying love. IT’S A CHARADE. They act nice, friendly, and they listen… until they get into what they’re after. Their prey thinks they are in love with them, however when they realize what assholes their predators really are, they pretend like the asshole is really nice inside. The girl tries to change the asshole into a nice guy, but assholes will always be assholes. She gets upset and goes to the nice guy to complain about the asshole. But she claims to love the asshole… now this is where the theory begins. She doesn’t want to look like she is easy so she wont dump the asshole right away, instead she will stay with the asshole. Girls are idiots. They don’t realize that the nice guy has been there all along. He never had to pretend to be a good guy to get girls because he is naturally like that. However, girls don’t see it for some reason or another. They look at the nice guy as a friend, a trusted companion to whom they can tell their sad story to about their asshole boyfriend.

But the nice guy isn’t THAT naïve. He was trying to score with the girl he listens to all along. The problem is that since he is a nice guy he keeps listening. Since girls get attached to things that pay attention to them, they think of the nice guy as a friend. A FRIEND. They don’t say, “Oh he’s hot” or “I want to have his children” about the nice guy, they just want the emotional support. When they get the emotional support from the nice guy, they don’t need it from the asshole. The nice guy gets the shit end of the stick while the asshole gets all the action. I am starting to wonder if being a nice guy is really the route to take to get action… I have been down this path for all of my post-pubescent life and it has gotten me NOWHERE… at least not in the women department.

Perhaps another reason why girls fall for the asshole is because assholes ignore the girl they are with. The women wonder, “Why isn’t he paying attention to me?” so they explore why. They poke and prod and get closer to the asshole. They start to get easier with each attempt to get closer. The asshole finally says, “I’ve let this beauty dangle long enough, time to boat this bass”. It is then he puts on his charade and the girl feels like she has won him… even thought all she has won is an asshole.

Once you have gone down the path as a nice guy or a “listener” you can’t turn back. The girl will always go after the assholes because there are always nice guys there to listen. Once you realize that you are a “listener” you cant do anything about it… just pack up and close shop. There is no way you will get into her pants… ever. There is and never will be a situation where the nice guy will get the girl he has a crush on. It just doesn’t work like that. The girl wont “come to her senses” and realize what an asshole her boyfriend is like in the movies… instead she will just go after another asshole, and unless you stop being a nice guy, she will never go after you. Women complain that there are no nice guys in the world. Right. They are obviously not looking hard enough because there are nice guys EVERYWHERE!!!! Girls aren’t looking for nice guys… they say they are but they’re not. They are looking for the perfect asshole, but there is NO SUCH THING as the perfect asshole.

All in all, the nice guy gets the shaft. To all the girls out there with boyfriends that don’t treat you with respect, that don’t listen to you, and that don’t care about you I say this; look next to you. The guy that has been standing next to you the whole time is the guy you you have been looking for. He is what you want your asshole to be like. He knows more about you than you know about yourself… because he has listened to it all.

This man speaks the truth.....

LakeEarth

I'm a nice guy and yeah, similar things happen. I've tried to be an asshole, but I dunno, it's just not in me. So I'm not gonna pretend to be something I'm not, and go without a g/f for the next however long it goes for.

Its not that they want assholes. Its that they want confident men. Assholes arent confident tho, just ignorant. Unfortunately this is often confused for confidence. If anything its the fault of the Nice Guys for not showing a certain level of detatchement or confidence.

A lot of nice guys come off as needy, or too eager to please which suggests some other game is being played in the background. Assholes, while being what they are, tend to be honest, and thats another quality the Nice Guy, who lives in a world of white lies, lacks.

Nice guys who have the strengths mentioned above dont finish last because they're too busy kicking ass.

olimario

Banned
Im nice and had to wait until after high school to get a wonderful girl.
High school girls are shallow bitches.

MonkeyBoy

MrAngryFace said:
Nice guys who show this dont finish last because they're too busy kicking ass.

i agree, the nice guys are usually the smart and more mature guys in high school. i tell you because of being a nice guy i spent a lot of time beating up other guys who messed around with the chicks

atomsk

Party Pooper
something i came across on the net years ago...

"...girls like talking about nice guys, but in reality we're not as exciting to them as a prick is. They don't have to fight for our attention, so it isn't valuable. They don't have to fight off other girls trying to get us, so we must be worthless. They don't have to do degraded sexual things to keep us in bed, so we can't be very good. We don't hit them so we must be weak. It's sad but true. Women hate what they want and need most. And they love what hurts them."

Makura

I think most girls, like most guys, want the whole package - Self confidence AND sensivitity. The problem is alot of guys are either one or the other. The "jerks" mistakenly think that being sensitive will make them less manly, and the "nice guys" mistakenly think that being self-confident is a negative character trait. So, the cycle perpetuates and girls are forced to choose one or the other. And obviously, girls find self-confidence more attractive.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
MrAngryFace said:
Its not that they want assholes. Its that they want confident men. Assholes arent confident tho, just ignorant. Unfortunately this is often confused for confidence. If anything its the fault of the Nice Guys for not showing a certain level of detatchement or confidence.

A lot of nice guys come off as needy, or too eager to please which suggests some other game is being played in the background. Assholes, while being what they are, tend to be honest, and thats another quality the Nice Guy, who lives in a world of white lies, lacks.

Nice guys who have the strengths mentioned above dont finish last because they're too busy kicking ass.
Yup Yup Yup, took me some time to realize that. Girls want confidence. Most "nice" guys are insecure, and THAT'S why they don't get the women.

Belfast

Its bullshit. Sure, there are plenty of assholes in this world, I'm not denying that, but the "nice guy" stereotype is becoming just as much of a problem. Look at yourself, whining and complaining about it all the time. THAT'S why you can't get the girl. It takes some time to come to that realization, but once you finally get a girl (and I mean GET, not just have an awkward little pseudo-date with), you'll know what it takes and you'll see that playing to the "nice guy" stereotype isn't the way to go, and neither is being an asshole.

Generally what you all read in the first post is the stereotypical high school nice guy girlfriendless rant about the dating scene. I think most guys learn a lot when they break out of the stupid cloud of high school and are forced to deal with harsher realities.

Belfast

MrAngryFace said:
Generally what you all read in the first post is the stereotypical high school nice guy girlfriendless rant about the dating scene. I think most guys learn a lot when they break out of the stupid cloud of high school and are forced to deal with harsher realities.

Indeed, I'm not going to deny I was like that in high school. I had my fair share of maudlin, loveless rants in high school, but I'm glad I snapped out of it.

MrAngryFace said:

What he said....

Women also pass that stupid popular guy in school stage as the get older

MonkeyBoy

it is very true that you learn more about relationships out of high school, during high school you really not thinking of relationships but a good lay and a popularity contest. besides that at such a young age in a limited enviornment you really don't even know what you want

Belfast said:
Look at yourself, whining and complaining about it all the time. THAT'S why you can't get the girl. .

i dont think this is so much a complaining thread but a means to help all those sad, lonely, depressed fools who cant get a girl like you.

mrmyth

Said it before and I'll say it again - Assholes get a lot more pussy. Assholes also invariably end up being the old guy in the club.

Belfast

Maybe not, but the "nice guy" stereotype definitely whines and complains a lot. I know I did.

Besides, I'm lucky that I have a girl. I'll admit that. I've learned a lot about women, but its not like my past has been littered with complete successes.

Brannon

omfg.gif

That's just hilarious *chomp*

Asbel

all she has won is an asshole
LOL!

Assholes arent confident tho, just ignorant. Unfortunately this is often confused for confidence.
I'd say they're both confident and ignorant at the same time. You don't need to be right to be confident, just think you're right (self-assurance). An asshole will always think he's right.

way more

Assholes are miserable with themselves. In a relationship with an asshole and an insecure girl the are both miserable and unfufilled so I pity them more then whine about it.

Doth Togo

norinrad21 said:
Read this on another forum, Its basically about how nice guys always miss out to screw the bitches in high school.

It’s amazing that assholes can get girls. Actually, now that I think of it, it’s not that amazing. They are assholes at heart, but to meet girls they lavish their undying love. IT’S A CHARADE. They act nice, friendly, and they listen… until they get into what they’re after. Their prey thinks they are in love with them, however when they realize what assholes their predators really are, they pretend like the asshole is really nice inside. The girl tries to change the asshole into a nice guy, but assholes will always be assholes. She gets upset and goes to the nice guy to complain about the asshole. But she claims to love the asshole… now this is where the theory begins. She doesn’t want to look like she is easy so she wont dump the asshole right away, instead she will stay with the asshole. Girls are idiots. They don’t realize that the nice guy has been there all along. He never had to pretend to be a good guy to get girls because he is naturally like that. However, girls don’t see it for some reason or another. They look at the nice guy as a friend, a trusted companion to whom they can tell their sad story to about their asshole boyfriend.

But the nice guy isn’t THAT naïve. He was trying to score with the girl he listens to all along. The problem is that since he is a nice guy he keeps listening. Since girls get attached to things that pay attention to them, they think of the nice guy as a friend. A FRIEND. They don’t say, “Oh he’s hot” or “I want to have his children” about the nice guy, they just want the emotional support. When they get the emotional support from the nice guy, they don’t need it from the asshole. The nice guy gets the shit end of the stick while the asshole gets all the action. I am starting to wonder if being a nice guy is really the route to take to get action… I have been down this path for all of my post-pubescent life and it has gotten me NOWHERE… at least not in the women department.

Perhaps another reason why girls fall for the asshole is because assholes ignore the girl they are with. The women wonder, “Why isn’t he paying attention to me?” so they explore why. They poke and prod and get closer to the asshole. They start to get easier with each attempt to get closer. The asshole finally says, “I’ve let this beauty dangle long enough, time to boat this bass”. It is then he puts on his charade and the girl feels like she has won him… even thought all she has won is an asshole.

Once you have gone down the path as a nice guy or a “listener” you can’t turn back. The girl will always go after the assholes because there are always nice guys there to listen. Once you realize that you are a “listener” you cant do anything about it… just pack up and close shop. There is no way you will get into her pants… ever. There is and never will be a situation where the nice guy will get the girl he has a crush on. It just doesn’t work like that. The girl wont “come to her senses” and realize what an asshole her boyfriend is like in the movies… instead she will just go after another asshole, and unless you stop being a nice guy, she will never go after you. Women complain that there are no nice guys in the world. Right. They are obviously not looking hard enough because there are nice guys EVERYWHERE!!!! Girls aren’t looking for nice guys… they say they are but they’re not. They are looking for the perfect asshole, but there is NO SUCH THING as the perfect asshole.

All in all, the nice guy gets the shaft. To all the girls out there with boyfriends that don’t treat you with respect, that don’t listen to you, and that don’t care about you I say this; look next to you. The guy that has been standing next to you the whole time is the guy you you have been looking for. He is what you want your asshole to be like. He knows more about you than you know about yourself… because he has listened to it all.

I hear you, but "All in all, the nice guy gets the shaft..." is a frame of mind that you need to get out of. See yourself as something powerful and know that you can own women just as much as you can own at CTF on UT2K4. It's all a game. Remember when you first started out at something? I bet you got frustrated with it...because you'd just begun, right? Same thing with women. With time and experience and practice, you'll be just as good as getting women as anything else you try. It's merely a frame of mind.

MrAngryFace said:
Its not that they want assholes. Its that they want confident men.

Yup. That's the key difference. Nice guys think they're "assholes" because they don't hang on every word she says and actually have a life outside of worshiping the ground she walks on.

Alucard

Banned
I think I'm slowly finding that balance between being a nice guy and being a confident guy. Plus, showing a bit of an edge from time to time doesn't hurt either. Now if only the girls I want would like me, as opposed to the ones I'm not attracted to.

J2 Cool

olimario said:
High school girls are shallow bitches.

SO very true. Just as their are guy's who are assholes their's a bitch to match em. The kind who like an asshole, put on a front to get the guy they want. Then get real flakey and show their true self. So starts the cheating and bullshit. Then the guy lies to himself saying she makes mistakes but loves him. Shes lies by saying she loves him all the while never deciding what she wants. Usually ends when the guy gives it up and says fuck her in an ugly breakup

kablooey

Who's the real asshole? You want the same thing the asshole wants, yet you disguise it by pretending to want to be their friend/crutch. If you really were a "nice guy", you wouldn't mind just being friends with her. I should be the last guy to be preaching about this, but I've learned this over the past few months, without the help of cubsfan. Of course, you can still be nice to a girl even if you are assertive enough to make it clear that you're interested in her.

Part of the problem is in looking for the wrong girls too. If you know they're shallow, why would you want someone like that?

Eric-GCA

Banned
Part of me is so very glad that I didn't have to go through all the relationship crap during high school and afterwards. Now, with all the work I have to do and with little free time, there's no way I could make time for any kind of relationship. Sure there are times when I may feel bad for never having experienced one, but then, after some game time, I forget about that quite quickly. :)

kablooey: just cause a guy is nice doesnt mean he doesnt want the sex

I'm the exception here! :D

Eric-GCA

Banned
I still havent had sex yet and I'm almost 24, now if I "really" wanted it, I'm sure I'd get myself a nice pro. But since I don't, that means I don't really want it eh?

:)

Cubsfan23

Banned
DarienA said:
cubsfan drop some newsletter science on these foo's fo sho!

ATTENTION "NICE GUYS":

If you are a "nice guy" who never seems to be able
to attract HOT women, or you have attractive female
friends who always seem to say "He's really wonderful,
but I just like him as a FRIEND", then this could possibly
be the single most important thing you ever read in
your entire life.

And I'm not kidding... not even a little.

If I had to sum up the biggest mistake that I see
men making with women (and the big mistake that I've
made myself too many times to count), it's being a
WUSSY.

Being a WUSS comes in two main flavors:

1) Acting like a WUSSY to begin with.

2) Turning INTO a WUSSY as you get to know her.

I would venture to guess that most men either act
like WUSSIES with women they're attracted to ALL the
time, or they turn into WUSSIES within a few weeks
or months of meeting a woman that they REALLY like.

I know, this sounds a little strange, right?

What the heck should being a Wuss have to do with
attracting women?

The answer: EVERYTHING.

Let's review a few of the most important concepts
to remember when it comes to attracting women:

1) ATTRACTION ISN'T A CHOICE. As humans, we don't
"consciously choose" who we FEEL attracted to. It
just "happens" to us... BANG! And you can't "convince"
someone to FEEL this powerful emotion.

2) ATTRACTION DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. When you think about
the concept of being emotionally attracted to another
person, it only "makes sense" that you should feel
attracted to good qualities like "niceness" and "honesty"
and "loyalty", right? Well guess what... ATTRACTION
doesn't play by those rules. The things that we are
ATTRACTED to don't make "logical sense" when you look
at them. We all know that attractive women seem to date
a lot of abusive jerk guys... and that men often stay
in relationships with unhappy, domineering women.
For ATTRACTION to make "logical sense", you must learn
how it works, and get a deeper understanding of what
triggers it.

3) STATUS is very important when it comes to ATTRACTION.
Women are almost NEVER attracted to men of "lower
status" than themselves. This is why certain stereotypes
exist, such as women not liking shorter men, and women
who make a lot of money being intimidating to men.

4) ATTRACTIVE WOMEN HAVE A LOT OF CHOICES. Most men
have never even taken a minute of their lives to consider
what it must be like to be an attractive woman. Attractive
women are approached in one way or another ALL THE
TIME by men who are interested in them. For an attractive
woman, every smile, every kind gesture, and every
favor is in one way or another viewed as INTEREST.
An attractive woman is approached in one way or another
MANY times a day. It would be impossible for an attractive
woman to give even a small fraction of her time to
each of the men who shows interest in her.

5) MEN ARE SOOOOO UNORIGINAL. Just as most men have
never given a thought to how it must feel and what
it must be like to be an attractive woman, most men
have never given a thought to the fact that MEN ARE
PREDICTABLE BEYOND BELIEF... from an attractive woman's
point of view. The comment or compliment that you
think is so original, or the invitation to a date...
or the question about her having a boyfriend... or
the comment that "her boyfriend is a lucky man"... is
so UNORIGINAL, PREDICTABLE... AND WORST OF ALL, BORING
to an attractive woman. She gets this stuff 100 times
a day! And men who are unoriginal do NOT stand out
from the crowd.

6) ATTRACTIVE WOMEN HAVE WUSS-DAR! There are a few
simple, unmistakable signals that men give off that
say "Hey, I'm just another WUSS, so don't pay attention
to anything else I do, because I'll always be one"...
which, of course, make women RUN. (As a side note, attractive
women also have NON-WUSS-DAR as well. In other words,
from a few simple clues, an attractive woman can quickly
know if she is dealing with a man who is NOT a Wuss,
and who, therefore, will be one of the few who are
allowed the time and consideration for romantic interactions.)

Soooo, what is it about being a WUSS that is the
big problem here?

Why is it that of all things in the world, this
is the "big sin" when it comes to attracting women?

It's taken me several years now to really figure
this out, and it's not exactly simple to explain (A detailed
explanation is available in my Advanced Dating Techniques
Program).

But I'll sum it up and say this:

WOMEN COME "PRE-PROGRAMED" WITH A MENTAL IMAGE OF
THE KIND OF MAN THAT THEY SHOULD FEEL ATTRACTION
FOR. THIS PROGRAMMING IS BOTH GENETIC AND CULTURAL.
WHEN A WOMAN MEETS THIS MAN, THINGS HAPPEN ON
THEIR OWN, INSTANTLY.

Now, I personally believe that MOST of this programming
is genetic. In other words, women are BORN with it.

Attraction isn't like other things that "seem"
like they should be similar.

If you want to make friends with someone, you should
be nice, do them favors, be courteous, and generally
act like you're making an effort.

But when you try to take this kind of thinking
and apply it to ATTRACTION (which almost all men do),
then you find yourself doing things that SHOULD work...
but they don't.

ATTRACTION is very "counter intuitive" (damn, I
love it when I use big words)... which means that
it's not the way it "should" be. It's different than
it seems at first glance. It's deceptive in a way,
because unless you "get" how it works, you'll just
keep beating your head up against the wall doing things
that don't work, "trying harder" when these things
fail, and actually making things WORSE as a result
of not understanding it.

Have you ever met a woman and given her a compliment,
only to have her walk away and show no interest?

Or pursued a woman with gifts, favors, and dinners,
only to have her be "confused" and need "time alone"...
which eventually led to her wanting to "just be friends"?

Have you ever had an attractive female friend who
liked to date abusive, jerk guys... and then tell
YOU about the abuse she was putting up with... all
the while you would have done ANYTHING for a chance
to be with her?

Yea, me too.

That's what I mean when I say that you can actually
make things WORSE by TRYING HARDER when you don't
"get" how attraction works.

And if I had to sum it all up, and describe the
one HUGE mistake that men make with women... the one
that causes the most pain and prevents the most success,
I'd have to say that it was...

BEING A WUSSY, OR TURNING INTO ONE.

For a lot of reasons, a WUSSY just doesn't make
for an interesting romantic counterpart. Women will
SETTLE for a Wuss, or even SETTLE DOWN with one (usually
after the Wuss has demonstrated his TOTAL lack of
self-respect, and his COMPLETE willingness to put
aside all of his own needs for a woman). Unfortunately,
this often ends with the woman cheating on the Wuss,
leaving him for someone else, taking everything from
him (including his self esteem) etc...

I digress...

The point is, a WUSSY doesn't trigger ATTRACTION.

Wussies are BORING. They're needy. They SUCK ENERGY,
act CLINGY, and make women feel TRAPPED and repulsed.

Everything about the WUSS spells "DON'T PICK ME".

Now, the first thing most guys say when they hear
this news is "But I don't want to be a JERK to women",
or "I like the idea of being NICE", or "I'm just being
MYSELF with women... what's wrong with that?".

I can identify.

I get it.

I spent many years of my life thinking these kinds
of things.

Well, the good news is that you don't need to be
a "jerk" or treat women badly to attract them. lol...

You just need to:

1) Abandon your Wussy Ways.

2) Learn how ATTRACTION works.

3) Change how you look at male/female relationships.

4) Learn the specific things that you need to do in
each situation to meet women and make them feel that
wonderful, powerful, magical, elusive emotion called
ATTRACTION.

5) Never "slip", or allow yourself to start behaving
like a WUSSY as you get to know a woman.

Doesn't sound too hard, right?

Good...

I'd like to get you started with some homework.

You have an assignment for the week.

Here it is:

1) Stop being "nice" to attractive women. This means
no asking women out, no giving them lots of compliments,
no putting your needs aside, no accepting manipulative
behavior to please women, and no giving women special
treatment or privileges just because they're attractive.
NOTE: I did NOT say to treat women BADLY. I'm just
telling you to stop doing all the FAKE things you're
doing just to make women like you.

2) Stop handing women your, um, testosterone making
devices on a silver platter. In other words, stop
giving away your power to women. Do not communicate
in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM that you will put aside
your own self respect in order to get a woman's approval.

3) Say the word "NO" to a request from an attractive
woman at least once every single day. Do NOT do this
in an angry, mean, or abusive way. Just simply say
"no". (By the way, it's OK to say "no" in a serious
tone, then DO the thing she requested after making
her sweat a little. This is using sarcasm and humor,
and if it's done right it will earn you big points).

4) Pay close attention as you do these things, and
notice how attractive women will seem MORE comfortable
being around you, and want to spend MORE time with
you... all because you're not acting needy, clingy,
and WUSS-LIKE.

MrAngryFace said:
Lying isnt a virtue.
It may not be lying... it sounds to me more like rationalizing. :p

To the topic at hand, I think that the key was in your comment that "just cause a guy is nice doesnt mean he doesnt want the sex". I don't subscribe to all the theories that cubsfan promotes (see above), but I do think that the "nice guy" spends so much time and energy trying to trick the girl into liking him by being nice that he doesn't get the point across about what he really wants. I know that because that's what I did (and still do to an extent). Assertiveness is the key - be clear about what you want, but be a nice guy at heart.

Of what cubsfan23 posted above, the one thing I do agree with is "I'm just telling you to stop doing all the FAKE things you're doing just to make women like you." I don't ever think I could or will act the jerk just to get someone to be attracted to me, because that seems just as fake.

Belfast

J2 Cool said:
SO very true. Just as their are guy's who are assholes their's a bitch to match em. The kind who like an asshole, put on a front to get the guy they want. Then get real flakey and show their true self. So starts the cheating and bullshit. Then the guy lies to himself saying she makes mistakes but loves him. Shes lies by saying she loves him all the while never deciding what she wants. Usually ends when the guy gives it up and says fuck her in an ugly breakup

That was my *first* relationship and I am not making that mistake again!

Edit: Also, its completely valid to want sex and also be attracted to a person otherwise. Sex, done right, can do a lot to strengthen a relationship, not destroy it. However, you've got to realize there's a time and place for everything and you've got to show you're interested in more than just sex.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
norinrad21 said:

This guy is full of shit. In person I'm about the nicest guy you will ever meet, and wow hey some girls are and have been into me. In fact, my first girlfriend broke up with me because I started to show signs of being an asshole. Cubsfan's post rings more true than the original. Just stop being a wuss and you'll be more successful in life and in love. The whole thing sounds like one big excuse as to why he can't get a g/f, fuck excuses and man up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom