• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assholes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you [nice guys finish last]

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
MrAngryFace said:
Cubsfan: You make a good joke character, but thats about it.

Agreed, Most of that shit is just common sense Cub.

And what is this shit about nice guy/asshole? That is highschool shit. Don't ya'll know once you hit your 20s/30s it's all about the benjimens nigga. The more paper you got, the more pussy you get. Simple as that. Women don't want a wuss, they don't an asshole, THEY WANT A NIGGA WITH MONEY!

Makura

I really hope thats not what I think it is.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
isamu said:
Agreed, Most of that shit is just common sense Cub.

And what is this shit about nice guy/asshole? That is highschool shit. Don't ya'll know once you hit your 20s/30s it's all about the benjimens nigga. The more paper you got, the more pussy you get. Simple as that. Women don't want a wuss, they don't an asshole, THEY WANT A NIGGA WITH MONEY!
Women want to 'date' and marry a guy with money; they want to fuck a guy they're actually attracted to. Not having a lot of money is probably what puts most guys in the wrong mindset in the first place, giving them a great disadvantage.

Plus, you have to be funny & cocky. Er wait, no....cocky & funny. in that order.

kevm3

"Assholes", typically guys who are willing to argue with the girl, take the leadership role and do other crazy things, are far more entertaining than 'nice guys.' At this age, girls are looking for entertainment. Nothing more. They have their mommy and daddy taking care of them and we even have a lot of independent women these days, so women not going to go for the solid, all-around-good-guy who bores her to death.

When women come face to face with the adversities of life, then they start going for the nerdy guys with the fat pocketbooks... And sadly still, she'll probably yell at this 'nice guy' and make his life a living hell while sucking off the plumber when he's away.

Also, It's absolutely true that some women just respond well to insults and breaking them down... Particularly the nasty ones that spew venom will respect and like you if they see you can play that game better then them.

Moral of the story: Have some balls fellas, and if a girl doesn't like you for you, learn to be happy alone.

Nice guys don't finish last. It's just that the people who have the fewest important qualities that women desire define themselves as nice because... there's no other quality that they'd like to attribute to themselves.

Hi, im a boring guy! ... doesnt work
Hi, im an ugly guy! ... doesnt work
Hi, im a shy guy! ... doesnt work
Hi, im a fat guy! ... doesnt work

When most of that fails, they've gotta find SOME quality that they can fit under. "Nice" happens to be the perfect word. It's vague and it applies to virtually everyone to some degree. There are few people in this world who wouldn't label themselves "nice" to some degree... and, i'd be willing to bet the vast majority would rate themselves as "nicer than average".

People with _real_ qualities don't need to define themselves as nice. Plus, people who lack all other qualities kind of have to adopt the nice guy persona, or else they'd be even more fucked.

kevm3

Yep, pretty much. Being nice typically means being an overly predictable yes man who lacks any kind of aggressiveness... But this dating scene is all fucked up. A lot of women want 'aggressive' men who can initiate and kind of sweep them off their feet without having to tell you to do it, yet you can get popped with a charge if you do that to the wrong woman. So be careful out there.

Moral of the story? Be a fucking fun guy to be around and stop caring about what any one woman thinks unless she's your girlfriend or wife...

Mr Gump

Banned
This reminds me of a girl i once admitted my feelings to around two years ago only to be turned down (admittingly there was another guy coming and going there), We didnt speak for a year and half and now we are very close friends, much closer than we have ever been, to the point where she has made it known that she feels totally comfortable around me and that she has the "best time" with me "even when we do nothing."

I know its a lost cause because now i like her more than i ever did two years ago. And i dont think i can bring myself to do something about it again.

demon

she has made it known that she feels totally comfortable around me and that she has the "best time" with me "even when we do nothing."
Oh man, nothing sounds GREAT! Is it better than gettin head? ;) :p

Boogie

Time to vent.

You know what I hate about these threads? What really pisses me off?

It's that the moment someone mentions the phrase "nice guy", or objects to the nature of Cocky and Funny, then people immediately jump on this idea that you're a steretypical loser and throws out such useless, insulting pearls of wisdom such as:

Moral of the story? Be a fucking fun guy to be around and stop caring about what any one woman thinks unless she's your girlfriend or wife...

Being nice typically means being an overly predictable yes man who lacks any kind of aggressiveness

Moral of the story: Have some balls fellas, and if a girl doesn't like you for you, learn to be happy alone

It's soooo easy to explain away someone's girl problems when you can just label them a shy insecure yes-man and tell them the solution is to "be a fucking fun guy", or "have some balls". Cue the damn mega-roll eyes already.

Okay, yes, everyone knows I'm a loser with girls. Yep, it's true, I can't deny it. But I'm not some whiny, insecure, socially-inept shut-in. I'm not always lamenting my lack of companionship, and I've never actually stooped to asking for girl advice here on GAF.

So maybe, instead of throwing out advice like you're talking to some stereotypical loser out of one of Cubsfan's newsletters, maybe you might stop and think that we've actually heard all this before.

I'm not a shut in. I'm not extremely outgoing, but I'm reasonably sociable and fun to be around. I have my own life, my own hobbies, interests, and friends. And yet girls are simply not interested in me. I'm not here to whine about that, I'm just here to say that maybe there isn't any cookie cutter advice to give on these threads, and to cut some people a little slack when they become a little frustrated that they're single.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I think Cubsfan is doing this forum a service:)

Seriously, if it were all common sense, there wouldn't be so many nice guy laments around here. Some people don't know shit about women and relationships. Hell, I stumbled around blindly before I really knew what the hell I was doing (right and wrong) I'm not saying everything in those emails is absolutely correct, but at least if you read em and dont write them off right away, it'll give you a place to start.

My advice? Learn a little detatchment. Don't give so much of a damn. Women can tell when you 'need' them. Stop needing (or learn to hide it better)

Learn how to tell an interesting story, too. That's always good (and when you do it, make sure you sound interesting, too)

Don't be a slob.

Always look her in the eyes.

Let them come to you.

Boogie

Lost Weekend said:
My advice? Learn a little detatchment. Don't give so much of a damn. Women can tell when you 'need' them. Stop needing (or learn to hide it better)

Learn how to tell an interesting story, too. That's always good (and when you do it, make sure you sound interesting, too)

Don't be a slob.

Always look her in the eyes.

Let them come to you.

Thanks for the insight!

Now please refer to the post above yours :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
I stand by what I said, sorry :)

Sounds like you're taking that mighty personally. You shouldn't. You sound content enough...

Boogie

Lost Weekend said:
I stand by what I said, sorry :)

Sounds like you're taking that mighty personally. You shouldn't. You sound content enough...

I'm not near as content as I sound then :p

But I'm surprised you say I'm taking this personally. Standard internet procedure is that when someone is taking something personally, they'll start insulting people. Which I am not doing.

Yet. ;P

GDGF

Soothsayer
Let us not argue, Boogie. I have just learned from the internet that Odama is the antichrist. Let us charish every moment we have until armageddon and put to rest these pety squabbles!

Boogie

No no no, you see armaggedon isn't going to happen yet. You see, me getting a girlfriend is one of the signs of the end of the world. And since I'm still very much single, we're quite safe for now ;)

demon

Boogie said:
No no no, you see armaggedon isn't going to happen yet. You see, me getting a girlfriend is one of the signs of the end of the world. And since I'm still very much single, we're quite safe for now ;)
Boogie, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You'll get a girlfriend some day. You just need to be yourself, and be confident, laid-back, aggressive, cocky, and funny.

Boogie

demon said:
Boogie, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You'll get a girlfriend some day. You just need to be yourself, and be confident, laid-back, aggressive, cocky, and funny.

*insert :lol smiley here*

Smartass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom