• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

So Susuki wasn't on the Long Beach show but he's coming for a random ROH PPV?

Why

Considering he came out to crickets at a WCPW show, he didn't have faith in us filthy gaijins until Long Beach showed awareness and passion. No beach balls though :(

Mahonay

Banned
Roode is more like a middle ground between Triple H and Ric. Triple H always wanted to be like Ric, but he was never that good. Roode is closer. Not as good as Ric, obviously, but closer to Ric than Triple H ever was.
Peak HHH was like 1999/2000 era when he was a brawler.

When he started trying to morph into Ric that shit just went downhill.

Pikma

Banned
It has nothing to do with style. He's not good, he's bland. He doesn't wrestle good matches and I don't have to pretend to dislike his matches. You and everyone else can keep on enjoying them. It doesn't bug me.
It does bug you though, I know it's killing you inside

D-Generation X over Beer Money, though.
Team Canada>DX
latest

Hasney

Considering he came out to crickets at a WCPW show, he didn't have faith in us filthy gaijins until Long Beach showed awareness and passion. No beach balls though :(

WCPW is a weird thing. The audience aren't your usual indie fans, they're WWE and WCPW fans so people outside of that are unknown to them.

It has nothing to do with style. He's not good, he's bland. He doesn't wrestle good matches and I don't have to pretend to dislike his matches. You and everyone else can keep on enjoying them. It doesn't bug me.
By WWE standards he probably had a "good" year.

Pikma

Banned
Fuck ROH why can't a competent promotion team up with NJPW instead of them

oh wait there are no competent wrestling promotions

I've liked Bobby a lot even since TNA days. His feud with Storm was the closest TNA has come to something really great in the last eight years or so. And then they had to go and completely fuck it up right before the finish line and give the title to Aries because "swerve".

That was when he was still at NOAH though. Not surprised people didn't know who he was, especially at a WCPW show

Fuck ROH why can't a competent promotion team up with NJPW instead of them

oh wait there are no competent wrestling promotions

Progress is super competent. But NJPW already has their UK partner in RevPro and Progress partnered with WWE so that lane is permanently closed.

They could fit twice as many people in a building than the fire safety rules allow! That's profit you can take to the bank.

Blame Gabe for that. Gabe did all the setup and venue work for those shows.

Of course you could blame them for working with Gabe, but that's a separate thing.

Hasney

I mean, there will probably need to be an August OT2 put up before Smackdown anyway to not split the discussion. It's 9 days before Septemeber instead of 2 before August last month.

I want Attack! Pro to get bigger, everything I've heard about that fed makes it sound like Chikara on steroids.

yup

L0WEemJ.gif

ATTACK, Fight Club and EVE are where it's at if you're looking for the new UK underground if """co-opted""" promotions rustle your jimmies

though ATTACK is run by WWE contracted Dunne and Fight Club by Trent Seven so 🤷

Top Bottom