• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AW:DS Gamespot review plus a number from 1-10

Kon Tiki

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/advancewarsds/review.html?gmRedir=1

In short, the latest Advance Wars game somehow succeeds at making a well-worn formula as fresh and exciting as ever. Intelligent Systems, the developer of the series, deserves tremendous credit for crafting such a deep yet approachable gameplay experience. Those who haven't yet played an Advance Wars game shouldn't hesitate to start with this one, while the series' dedicated fans will find that there's lots of great, new stuff here to play around with, get really into, and share with their friends.

Gamespot said:
Advance Wars: Dual Strike is arguably the first must-have game for the Nintendo DS, and it's a perfect excuse to get the system if you haven't already. - Greg Kasavin

i would say it's a good reason to get the system, but I also don't have a bias against DS...

Memles

Argh...$190 CDN for a DS and Advance Wars is so damn tempting right now, but I simply can't justify it. The reviews keep coming in so positive, and yet I simply can't budge.

Actually Craig seemed pretty disappointed with his hands-on preview last week. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up going under a 9, which would be the first such review I've seen for this game.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Memles said:
Argh...$190 CDN for a DS and Advance Wars is so damn tempting right now, but I simply can't justify it. The reviews keep coming in so positive, and yet I simply can't budge.
Where did you see it for so cheap? The Future Shop, Best Buy, and CompuSmart sites all list it as $50 CAD. :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, a game such as this would benefit greatly from online play, plus it would be nice if we could download custom maps via wireless.

123rl

Oh it's out next week? Cheers guys, I had no idea :D

Euro release - end of September. Fuck off, NOE...you ain't getting my money for this game either

Memles

Fuzzy said:
Where did you see it for so cheap? The Future Shop, Best Buy, and CompuSmart sites all list it as $50 CAD. :(

I noticed that as well, but Amazon.ca had it listed for $40 last I checked. (I'm including the $150 DS from Amazon in my figures; I found no $20 AW-DS.)

123rl said:
Euro release - end of September. Fuck off, NOE...you ain't getting my money for this game either

Look, I know NOE shafts you people on a regular basis, but a month delay is NOT something to complain about compared to their past track record with these things.

Zeo

Banned
123rl said:

Uh, you're mad because you get it a month after America?

Don't be stupid.

Rlan

I'll be getting my copy via dvdboxoffice as usual. Better to wait the time it'll take for them to send it to Australia than pay an extra $20AU when it eventually comes out here :)

They've actually been pretty inconsistant with their prices lately. Games like Nintendogs and SM64DS are around 43CAD, while Advance Wars and Kirby are around $50CAD.

Are there any other good places which have them CHEAP? :) Despite Play Asias good record, I'm looking for price and sending overseas the most.

Top Bottom