• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 | Review Thread

What scores do you think Dragon's Dogma 2 will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 196 44.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 83 18.7%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 18 4.0%

• Total voters

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Lies of P ran and played better at launch than Dragon's Dogma 2 ever will.
Lies of P ran excellent.
4k120 maxed out settings. Finished the whole game on pc.
I was really surprised. I loved the game too aside from boss difficulty and bs spike in last 2 chapters

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Lies of P ran excellent.
4k120 maxed out settings. Finished the whole game on pc.
I was really surprised. I loved the game too aside from boss difficulty and bs spike in last 2 chapters
That whole end section felt waaaaay to long. Amazing game aside from that.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The "siege" on the fortress near the end was awesome. Then getting your sweet revenge on the guys up there.
heh yeah. That part was cool, felt like a D-Day of sorts but with puppets.

Karak

so an italian reviewer said that with a mid/high range build they managed to get 60 fps everytime in combat and open world, the only poblem is the human capital city, even the beastren capital city runs fine
In many ways this was my experience. As I said in the review the main city is the worst. Outside of it, the perf is massively better.
Karak Karak you mentioned in your review the number of hours you played the game but I can't remember what the number whas. What are your thoughts on game length?
I tested across a couple systems so my time is bloated because of that and I do a ton of exploring. Naturally, for me, over 70 and still playing more and will I am sure play again. For someone mainlining shorter but it also depends on if they want to go with a different class, how they deal with quests and timers in some cases and all that. So shorter for them for sure.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Watched a few of the longer form reviews on YT (FightinCowboy & Fexxtralife) and what struck me was that for the most part everything they raved about being revelatory to them I remembered from the first game!

The main differences appear to be them taking most of the obvious handholding away (no quest markers so you need to rely more on hired pawns directing you) and making improvements to the way jobs work to allow you to switch between classes without having to re-level them up. Great changes to promote experimentation both in exploration and build crafting.

Beyond that it seems like its a denser -in terms of content- remake down to the fake-out ending and endgame.

Sounds really good, basically a better version of the original DD. Like the original its pretty wobbly frame-rate wise, but as its mainly a knowledge game and not a skill-game its not a deal breaker.

Sounds like there's plenty of content too, so yeah... I'm sold. I'm just not sure whether its going to be the sort of step-up in terms of quality and ambition that saw Nier expanded into Nier: Automata. It feels a little bit too-remakey from what I've seen.

nikolino840

I've heard that a lot of random things happen all the time and a lot of quests are timed with no warnings and maybe you notice it because the npc is at the city morgue

Why i have to care about the 30fps with all of this things?

I'm still baffled that the PC version has a 90/100 considering that even Capcom addressed the performance issues.

Other PC titles like Batman Arkham Knight were severely penalised due to performance issues, but in the case of DD2, the issues are possibly not that bad compared to AK.

People are still talking about Dragon’s Dogma 1 12 years later. Why would people not care about this years later when it’s the first game fully realised?
I was speaking in terms of mainstream reception, cult classics notwithstanding. During the honeymoon it may seem like this year's Elden Ring but that interest may not last. As a fan of the original you should just enjoy it and forget about what anybody thinks.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I'm still baffled that the PC version has a 90/100 considering that even Capcom addressed the performance issues.

Other PC titles like Batman Arkham Knight were severely penalised due to performance issues, but in the case of DD2, the issues are possibly not that bad compared to AK.

The game still runs better on PC than console. As I recall, the opposite was true for Arkham Knight.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Majukun

arham knight was also literally unplayable on some rigs, it was a lil more than "performance issues"

By most accounts, if you have a beefy PC(which most reviewers surely do), then you will be fine. Most gamers don't though. So that is not always shown in PC reviews, how lower rigs will play

Steam will likely be trending mostly negative at launch if other games are anything to go by. It will get slated for it's bad performance and then will probably work it's way to mostly positive in a few months if the issues are resolved properly.

Freeman76

Watched a few of the longer form reviews on YT (FightinCowboy & Fexxtralife) and what struck me was that for the most part everything they raved about being revelatory to them I remembered from the first game!

The main differences appear to be them taking most of the obvious handholding away (no quest markers so you need to rely more on hired pawns directing you) and making improvements to the way jobs work to allow you to switch between classes without having to re-level them up. Great changes to promote experimentation both in exploration and build crafting.

Beyond that it seems like its a denser -in terms of content- remake down to the fake-out ending and endgame.

Sounds really good, basically a better version of the original DD. Like the original its pretty wobbly frame-rate wise, but as its mainly a knowledge game and not a skill-game its not a deal breaker.

Sounds like there's plenty of content too, so yeah... I'm sold. I'm just not sure whether its going to be the sort of step-up in terms of quality and ambition that saw Nier expanded into Nier: Automata. It feels a little bit too-remakey from what I've seen.
The first one was so damn good but my only issue with it was that there wasnt enough I still wanted more when it ended. Then they released Bitterback Isle which was amazing, I replayed the whole game and then spent hours tackling that, I really hope they have included something like that in the base game this time so it has some form of endgame progression

Topher

Gold Member
I just think its not acceptable that a game with this bad performance on console is getting these scores, and I love capcom!

Unless the performance makes the game unplayable then I don't see the problem.

How a game running at 20fps gets 8-10 score reviews is beyond me

Where is it being reported that this game runs at 20fps?

Last edited:
Top Bottom