• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babylon’s Fall is slowly regaining my attention

Has anyone been keeping up with this game? Plat got a lot of negative feedback on this game with the art style but they took that and have been making improvements all across the board.

They aren’t changing the live service aspect of the game so if you’re going to complain about that you’re talking to the void. However, they acknowledge that the game didn’t feel like a Plat game so they made the evade system more in depth and with all the weapons too. It’s worth a watch just make sure u put CC on!

10:25 Graphics
14:00 Gameplay Improvements
41:00 Overview on aspects of Closed Test 3 (Now Including PS5)
45:48 What will be in the full game at launch but not in the Test

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Appreciate if anyone can elaborate on the “live service” aspect of the game.
I’m very much interested in the game, it’s my favourite genre, more so, it’s from Plat.

Thanks

Appreciate if anyone can elaborate on the “live service” aspect of the game.
I’m very much interested in the game, it’s my favourite genre, more so, it’s from Plat.

Thanks
Basically the game will constantly get updates post launch with more content to play. Think Destiny

Alot of people have a bad taste in their mouth with certain games so it catches a lot of negative attention but I keep an open mind and wait and see approach so Im still interested

Last edited:
One of the less cringe reveals from Square-Enix's E3 showcase eh? Welp, if it's been getting better than that's always great news. I'm probably not gonna play it for a long while if ever, but for folks looking forward to it I hope it's critical and commercial success.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I suspect it'll probably be really good, but it doesn't stand a chance in the market if they don't figure out how to sell it to people!

They are going so far in the weeds on the combat whilst saying nothing about what the game is beyond a "live service" and "hack'n'slash".

Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you doing it? And most importantly, what's the payoff?

There has to be more than flashy fighting and a novel art-style. You can't even sell a pure beat-um-up on that basis, you need character and some sort of context to make it relatable and appealing.

I suspect it'll probably be really good, but it doesn't stand a chance in the market if they don't figure out how to sell it to people!

They are going so far in the weeds on the combat whilst saying nothing about what the game is beyond a "live service" and "hack'n'slash".

Who are you? What are you doing? Why are you doing it? And most importantly, what's the payoff?

There has to be more than flashy fighting and a novel art-style. You can't even sell a pure beat-um-up on that basis, you need character and some sort of context to make it relatable and appealing.
This is their biggest hurdle. Hopefully sooner rather than later they deliver on a grandiose trailer to reel people in on the world

There hasn't been a single live service game released yet that hasn't had problems at launch, and most don't even become decent until they've been out for a while, if ever. Personally, I'm done with them ever since Destiny 1. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with it, but it eventually devolves to being an endless grind. They constantly reel you in with daily and weekly events, and rely on FOMO to make you participate on seasonal events. I hate your hard earned loot becomes worthless the second they release a new expansion. I just can't bother with it. I would rather play other games than the same game over and over again that has zero respect for my time.

There hasn't been a single live service game released yet that hasn't had problems at launch, and most don't even become decent until they've been out for a while, if ever. Personally, I'm done with them ever since Destiny 1. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with it, but it eventually devolves to being an endless grind. They constantly reel you in with daily and weekly events, and rely on FOMO to make you participate on seasonal events. I hate your hard earned loot becomes worthless the second they release a new expansion. I just can't bother with it. I would rather play other games than the same game over and over again that has zero respect for my time.
Can you define problems? Most games in this day and age launch with some sort of issue at launch, but that’s not attributed strictly to live service.

I would argue that Fortnite, Apex, Division 2 and Overwatch all did really well in the beginning. Off the top of my head, Apex had a server issue as they did not anticipate such a strong release rush but it’s certainly possible to launch with a great game to start

Last edited:

Quezacolt

Didnt have many issues with the visuals, they lost me with this being a live service, and no matter how good the game end's up being in the end, i just dont care.

Poor loot, bad balance, buggy at release, lack of endgame content, questionable monetization schemes, etc. That on top of issues that plague online games, such as connectivity issues to servers. Your mileage may vary per game, and some of these issues might not be unique to live service games, but they are certainly predominant in these kind of games. Now that you mention it, the division 2 did have a relatively good release compared to other live service games, I'll give you that. I don't think of overwatch, apex or fortnite as being in the same bucket as these kind of live service games. I'm talking about games in the same vein as destiny, anthem, the division, ghost recon breakpoint, and marvel avengers. Babylon's fall aligns with these kind of games. Historically, none of these type of games have had a good launch,and it takes time for the devs to figure out the issues and fix them... Or not, like on anthem's case

Spaceman292

Banned

Has anyone been keeping up with this game? Plat got a lot of negative feedback on this game with the art style but they took that and have been making improvements all across the board.

They aren’t changing the live service aspect of the game so if you’re going to complain about that you’re talking to the void. However, they acknowledge that the game didn’t feel like a Plat game so they made the evade system more in depth and with all the weapons too. It’s worth a watch just make sure u put CC on!

10:25 Graphics
14:00 Gameplay Improvements
41:00 Overview on aspects of Closed Test 3 (Now Including PS5)
45:48 What will be in the full game at launch but not in the Test

It's Platinum, so I'll just assume that it kicks ass and wait for release.

Fbh

I definitely think it suffered from a bad early showing. Like that Chaos final fantasy game.

But live service means it's instantly unappealing to me.

Top Bottom