• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babylon X - Announcement Trailer

New fantasy action RPG for PC and consoles by Mighty Boy Studio.

Alternative history of the Ancient World: Mesopotamia, 6000 BC. A technological revolution against the backdrop of an impending apocalypse.

Energy, gravity, and its connections with ancient magic were discovered, leading to technological advancements in Babylon and Egypt. At that point, the struggle for resources had begun.

A former prophet who is now a runaway slave and avenger joins forces with a young moon cult priestess to prevent the imminent construction of the Tower of Babel. Betrayed by all, he starts a new life and finds love in a world that is about to end.

GreenAlien

It's a new small studio. This is their first game.

Their main business guy has experience in the russian banking sector.
Their main gaming guy worked on:

Shadow Warrior 3
Evil West
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
Warface
Revelation online
Skyforge
Armored Warfare
King's Bounty 2
Conqueror's Blade

Madonis

It's a new small studio. This is their first game.

Their main business guy has experience in the russian banking sector.
Their main gaming guy worked on:

Shadow Warrior 3
Evil West
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
Warface
Revelation online
Skyforge
Armored Warfare
King's Bounty 2
Conqueror's Blade

That's interesting.

The trailer looks okay. I hope they are able to get enough support/interest to make the game.

Fbh

The concept of the story sounds interesting, and the faces look nice if a bit uncanny valley.
But the glimpses of gameplay looks pretty basic.
And they seem to have taken a page from the Japanese trailer making textbook with the constant random dialogue.

But I will keep an eye out for this one I guess

Hudo

Went in excited because I thought it was some sort of Babylon 5-based thing only to find out it's Sci-Fi Mesopotamia with weird faces.

Last edited:

Rambone

I liked the characters and animations. I would have to see more gameplay and the world to see if this is something that I would like to play, from what I've seen so far doesn't really excite me all that much but I like the concept of the games setting.

Fbh

Starring Brandon Fraser?

He sort of looks like Kevin Sorbo
16956488772007.jpg

Comandr

The concept is certainly really cool. The only thing really off putting to me was the weirdly forceful voice acting. Didn’t come across as a natural way for people to speak to each other.

Mortisfacio

The concept is certainly really cool. The only thing really off putting to me was the weirdly forceful voice acting. Didn’t come across as a natural way for people to speak to each other.

Yah... I'd hope that was just a poorly done trailer for the voice acting and not how that conversation would actually take place in game. The flow of the dialogue is almost as if someone is reading off a script and the other person isn't ready to read their next line, then looks down, finds the line and puts in half effort to his delivery of the follow-up. It's just... odd.

Fuck me...

We're hitting peak uncanny valley now...

Where high fidelity (UE5) rendering, effects & lighting contrast heavily with mediocre art + animation work...

It's clearly not a big budget game but every fiber of my being was screaming through that trailer, for the devs to revert to a more stylised visual to match the quality of their production values.

Otherwise the jank is just too much and I feel quite unpleasant looking at what I'm seeing here...

Yah... I'd hope that was just a poorly done trailer for the voice acting and not how that conversation would actually take place in game. The flow of the dialogue is almost as if someone is reading off a script and the other person isn't ready to read their next line, then looks down, finds the line and puts in half effort to his delivery of the follow-up. It's just... odd.
That's exactly how I felt. And I can't decide what's worse, the writing or the delivery.

Top Bottom